Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 18:42   #556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Research on what? How to make better car suspensions?
No... Even better research.

Why did the population of this 'village' never evolve? And what makes the morons think that High Beam is the only lighting to use as soon as they enter the 'village'?

Etc. Etc.
Old 14th July 2010, 18:42   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sure. And, carry Bolero's broken suspension over a shoulder or in an autorickshaw back home...Haha!
Boss CFL's may break, but the leaf springs OEM on the Bolero are designed to withstand the abuse in the rural areas. They lose spring action but will not break. I have tested it under severe conditions including just now on the road from Tarnaka to Rail Nilayam.
Old 14th July 2010, 19:05   #558
BHPian

North of Hitec City

Road leading to Kukatpally, some sections are really like Avi comments on @MC. Go over with the car then carry your car over yourself.
Old 20th July 2010, 14:23   #559

The road from Secunderabad Club to RK puram flyover is horrible with one side dug up for laying pipeline, added to that the monsoons have made the road horrible for driving.
Old 20th July 2010, 16:21   #560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valivetikmurthy View Post
The road from Secunderabad Club to RK puram flyover is horrible with one side dug up for laying pipeline, added to that the monsoons have made the road horrible for driving.
Oh, you mean the shortcut from the lane next to Sec'bad club? Why dont you take the longer route? Advantage? You car gets to log some miles
Old 22nd July 2010, 18:08   #561
Team-BHP Support

Today morning at roughly 10:05 AM, I crossed the TDP office junction on the way towards Madhapur. From there till the time I reached office, was an awesome drive.

There were a couple of police jeeps that were clearing the road up.
The signal kept in green. Pile up on the opposite lanes. But my lane was simply clear.

Anyways, all the fun was spoilt by a Black Bolero driver who got confused with the open road. He was driving like the world was out to get him. It was a black Storm Bolero with a bunch of stickers like Wild, Some OTR challenge etc.
Rear number plate was broken and the last two digits missing. And for all his nasty driving, he was barely 10 or 20 feet ahead of everyone else.

Last edited by bblost : 23rd July 2010 at 18:33.
Old 22nd July 2010, 18:27   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Anyways, all the fun was spoilt by a Black Bolero driver who got confused with the open road. He was driving like the world was out to get him. It was a black Storm Bolero with a bunch of stickers like Wild, Some OTR challenge etc.
Rear number plate was broken and the last two digits missing. And for all his nasty driving, he was barely 10 or 20 feet ahead of everyone else.
I think you are referring to me here.

Please let me know how was I driving nasty especially any specific incidence. Till then please don't call names. Atleast its below my dignity!

Last edited by bblost : 23rd July 2010 at 18:34. Reason: Edited the quoted post.
Old 22nd July 2010, 18:39   #563
Team-BHP Support

I had no idea it was you. As I have not seen your truck before.

The full speed left lane drive beside the Honda Showroom at the end of Road number 36, Jubilee Hills was BAD.
Especially the part where the roof of your Bolero was hitting the overhanging tree branches.
That is how left you were.
You also caused a share auto to literally jump out of your way.

That was high speed in the extreme left lane of a road just as it approaches a left turn.
A turn that is less than 10 feet away from a school.

I have myself driven at considerable speed on that turn. But NEVER from the extreme left side.

Then the way you bullied out another car. This happened when you were stuck behind a slow moving Santro and the car was on your left(I don't remember its make or colour). This car had to brake quite hard so you could overtake the Santro from its left.
Old 22nd July 2010, 18:59   #564
Senior - BHPian

My rebuttals below
Quote:
The full speed left lane drive beside the Honda Showroom at the end of Road number 36, Jubilee Hills was BAD.
Especially the part where the roof of your Bolero was hitting the overhanging tree branches.
That is how left you were.
If you were following me you would have noticed that I was continuously travelling on the fast or middle lane. There was Indica Cab right in front of me continuously zigzagging and not giving way. So i had no choice but to overtake from the left near that Honda Showroom especially considering that Indica in the middle lane and a slow moving ace on the right most. I saw that there were no vehicles or humans anywhere near when I took that manoeuvre. May not be the right thing as per law but totally safe.
Quote:
You also caused a share auto to literally jump out of your way.
Don't remember any share auto that I pushed. And IIRC I took the left from the left lane and everybody was trying to cut me off.

Quote:
Then the way you bullied out another car. This happened when you were stuck behind a slow moving Santro and the car was on your left(I don't remember its make or colour). This car had to brake quite hard so you could overtake the Santro from its left.
I don't remember anything like that. I use both ORVMs and IRVM while driving and am always extra careful (including using indicators always) while changing lanes ( habit from driving extensively long distances in India, UK and Mainland Europe ).

Anyways, the left manoeuvre might have been a little cheeky but nonetheless very safe and the whole journey overall was safe as well.

Last edited by MileCruncher : 22nd July 2010 at 19:01.
Old 22nd July 2010, 19:02   #565
Team-BHP Support

I guess if someone recorded my driving and showed it to me. I would be just as surprised as most drivers.

It appears totally safe to the driver, but it might not appear the same to others on the road.
Old 22nd July 2010, 19:05   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess if someone recorded my driving and showed it to me. I would be just as surprised as most drivers.

It appears totally safe to the driver, but it might not appear the same to others on the road.
I guess then we shouldn't point fingers at others

Anyways if you point a finger to someone, 3 fingers point to yourself.

I rest my case here.

But i still feel calling names was uncalled for.
Old 22nd July 2010, 19:16   #567
Senior - BHPian

When did the 'Virus' of pointing fingers at other road users spread in Hyderabad?

BTW, On the way to the HIAS 2010 today morning, there was a super jam due to CM's visit for the inaugural ceremony. Myself and another car parallel to me came to a clear stretch and accelerated at the same time and both of us ran over a huge pothole!
When we stopped again due to traffic, both of us exchanged a grin!
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:22   #568
Senior - BHPian

I did the stretch from Begumpet to HITEX this morning and was reminded how badly the keyboard warriors drive. Of course they think they are wonderful.

The problem on that road is that when you honk at him dawdling at some 20 kmph in the right lane, he will roll his window down and gesticulate asking ? ? ? - he perhaps read on-line that tailgating is bad but forgot to read that slow moving vehicles move to the left (at least in India and other countries where traffic drives on the left). Naturally - autos, cycles, Indicabs esp. the ones hired by the hi-tech guys and assorted other vehicles are exempt.

No point in finger pointing, the only rule on Hyderabad roads is: Live and let live, make way and give way.

Cheers,
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:54   #569
Senior - BHPian

I think Ani was driving to the HIAS 2010 opening and we both were on call to reach the venue ahead of CMs convoy and on top Ani's entry pass was with me.Hence he was just rushing i guess.
We all have situations in life where we need to rush and hurry to reach a particular place in time.That neednt neccessarily make us bad drivers !!!
Old 23rd July 2010, 23:12   #570
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I guess then we shouldn't point fingers at others
Milecruncher, Let me reiterate. I was not pointing fingers at YOU. I was pointing a finger at a very rashly driven Bolero. It so happens that you later pointed out that the driver was you. No matter what reason you may or may not give. I saw what I saw. Your driving was RASH.

Its very lucky that nothing untoward happened. Maybe thats because of the level of expertise you think you have. But as a witness to quite a few accident, I know that not all good drivers may crash. But driving rash on public roads is an easy way to tempt fate.

Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
When did the 'Virus' of pointing fingers at other road users spread in Hyderabad?
Please read the entire sequence of events before commenting on a topic.

Quote:
When we stopped again due to traffic, both of us exchanged a grin!
Smile, It makes the world go around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I did the stretch from Begumpet to HITEX this morning and was reminded how badly the keyboard warriors drive. Of course they think they are wonderful.

The problem on that road is that when you honk at him dawdling at some 20 kmph in the right lane, he will roll his window down and gesticulate asking ? ? ? - he perhaps read on-line that tailgating is bad but forgot to read that slow moving vehicles move to the left (at least in India and other countries where traffic drives on the left). Naturally - autos, cycles, Indicabs esp. the ones hired by the hi-tech guys and assorted other vehicles are exempt.
I use this road on a very regular basis for the past 7+ years. Its very very rare to find a slow moving vehicle in the extreme right lane. Except opposite the ICICI bank on Jubilee Hills Rd 36. And that is because there is a U Turn there.
And seriously no one is going to be driving at 20 kmph to avoid tail gating others.

Quote:
No point in finger pointing, the only rule on Hyderabad roads is: Live and let live, make way and give way.
Cheers,
And so we will be in a situation where anyone can drive anyhow they want.
As a community of automobile enthusiasts we should strive to set up an example for others. Not giving in to temptation and driving recklessly is one of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I think Ani was driving to the HIAS 2010 opening and we both were on call to reach the venue ahead of CMs convoy and on top Ani's entry pass was with me.Hence he was just rushing i guess.
Just having a reason is no reason to be speeding or cutting across lanes.

Quote:
We all have situations in life where we need to rush and hurry to reach a particular place in time.
I agree. Hence my motto, leave early arrive safe.
And you are one of the guys who not only believes in it but also practises the same. Have we both not been the first two to arrive at a meet and wait for others.

Quote:
That neednt neccessarily make us bad drivers !!!
I agree. A one off case cannot or rather should not be used to judge a driver or his skill and temperament.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks