Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2010, 15:44   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night had to go to airport to pick up mom. She was to land at 10:30pm. So i planned in such a way that i reach airport and pick her up from the ramp and leave. Thereby, saving the parking fee.

Left home at 10:00pm. To my utter astonishment all roads were like curfew and reached Hyderabad House just before you take left for Airport in 25 mins so had to wait there for a long time ( with constant pestering by cops to move on) as many people wait there for same reason

This afternoon had to go to Dilsukhnagar. Glad to note, same conditions of road. Empty roads. Was fun to drive my Kappa on empty roads on a friday afternoon.
Old 1st October 2010, 17:17   #722
BHPian

Mobike008 - cross the airport and park around Novotel. Cops generally create havoc on roads before airport roundabout not after.
Old 3rd October 2010, 16:52   #723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Mobike008 - cross the airport and park around Novotel. Cops generally create havoc on roads before airport roundabout not after.
I dont agree. Many times i take the route from Saidabad, Barcus and reach airport ( its almost 10kms shorter from home) route and stop " before" the turn to airport ( around Novotel area) and airport patrolling cops still ask you to move.

You can maybe hang around for a maximum of 10-15 mins not more.
Old 4th October 2010, 10:47   #724
BHPian

Day 1 at the new hi-tec flyover was a breeze as compared to the jams seen on other days during peak time. Lets me wait for the evening hours to pass a certificate.
Old 4th October 2010, 10:59   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Day 1 at the new hi-tec flyover was a breeze as compared to the jams seen on other days during peak time. Lets me wait for the evening hours to pass a certificate.
Glad to know that. I tried to have a ride on it on Saturday, but it was not yet opened at around 1 pm.

As regards DC Rd, things still looked grim on Saturday, and there was a large lake outside Nectar Gardens, causing me to reverse my track and go home via Cyber Towers.

But I do see some vehicles trickling by today from my window.
Old 4th October 2010, 11:24   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I dont agree. Many times i take the route from Saidabad, Barcus and reach airport ( its almost 10kms shorter from home) route and stop " before" the turn to airport ( around Novotel area) and airport patrolling cops still ask you to move.

You can maybe hang around for a maximum of 10-15 mins not more.
The Airport Police is much more stricter on vehicles parked on the kerbs on Novotel side than the Bangalore Highway side. It is best not to park anywhere where parking is not allowed within the airport premises.

Best is to park exactly at Hyderabad House in Shamshabad, lock the car, saunter into the restaurant's take away counter, spend some time looking at the food, spend more time in ordering and still more time in eating it and relishing it right there till such time you get a call from the passenger that he/she has received the luggage and is ready to come out to the arrival ramp. No police will ever ask you to remove your parked car as long as you are a Hyderabad House customer (exception to the rule being those days when CM is to pass by).

I am mostly running late whenever dropping passengers so I have worked out a deal with Shamshabad Hyderabad House that when I call him (from end of PVNR expressway) to keep the Biryani parcel ready along with bill with the watchman, I just need to stop, take the parcel outside itself and hand over the exact change to the watchman and simply drive off ... all in a few seconds ... and I save the time I would have had to park, lock, walk in, order, get it packed, walk out, unlock, reverse.

Hyderabad House is a saviour for me when it comes to saving parking charges.
Old 5th October 2010, 15:54   #727
BHPian

The busy arterial road from Ameerpet to Greenlands faced a traffic jam consequent to an Alto meeting an accident today at 15:20pm.

The Alto was proceeding from Greenland towards Ameerpet and for reasons not known to me as I was not witness it hit the electric pole in the middle of the divider and both front seat occupants suffered injuries. The back side of the car (after the car hit the pole) jumped the median and was hit by an APSRTC bus coming from Ameerpet to Greenlands. This caused complete chaos on the road and traffic piled up creating a massive traffic jam.

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-accident.jpg

The building on the right is Hotel Green Park while the building on the left is Dr. Reddy's Labs Ltd. corporate office. I shot this photo from the terrace of the building housing The Country Oven. The Alto is at the employee gate of Hotel Green Park.

The traffic is now back to normal.
Old 5th October 2010, 16:06   #728
Team-BHP Support

I personally prefer parking my car in the D block of the very spacious parking at Shamshabad. Then check out the food courts inside the complex while waiting for whoever it is that I have come to receive.

If I am not wrong D block is the section on the top right.
Its very close to the Mc Donald's outlet.

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-park.jpg

I really love the new airport. Its truly the best I have seen in India. Yet to check the new Delhi Terminal.
Old 5th October 2010, 17:01   #729
Senior - BHPian

That was a good picture, Bajaj saheb.

By the way, I need information on the best route to go to Taramati Baradari on Friday morning. I need to drop my wife there for a training programme.

I know that the shortest route is via Masab Tank, Mehdipatnam,Langar Houz and Golconda, but I am not sure if that flyover at Langar Houz has been completed.

Would it be better to go via Gachibowli and ORR, though longer? I'll certainly hit the ORR after dropping her on my way to office at Ascendas IT Park however.
Old 5th October 2010, 17:08   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I know that the shortest route is via Masab Tank, Mehdipatnam,Langar Houz and Golconda, but I am not sure if that flyover at Langar Houz has been completed.
Venu Sir, The Langar Houz flyover has been operational for a long time now and I don't think you will face much traffic here after you cross Mehdipatnam / Tolichowki.
Old 5th October 2010, 22:01   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Venu Sir, The Langar Houz flyover has been operational for a long time now and I don't think you will face much traffic here after you cross Mehdipatnam / Tolichowki.
Thanks Nazim. I guess I missed the flyover inaugration news when I was out of the country.
Old 5th October 2010, 22:05   #732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
I drove over this flyover a couple of times when i went on a family picnic to himayathsagar. It was inaguarated just after our Vikarabad drive meet.

Its a breeze to drive over it and a great relief from getting stuck during it construction at the LH crossroads.
Old 7th October 2010, 13:39   #733
Senior - BHPian

The other day I was mentally out of office by 5 pm. I was supposed to pick up my wife from Ameerpet at 6 pm, which got postponed to 6:30 pm. Seizing the opportunity I hit ORR + PVNR.

I was surprised by the number of people who are allowed on foot on the ORR at various points. One needs to be really careful driving on ORR during regular hours. Sometimes the size and scale (and colour) of the road just makes it very difficult to spot a construction labourer or a plain jaywalker on the road.

And then, the other day while dropping my granny at the airport I found a bunch of 3 guys on the PVNR median busy taking pictures of themselves on the PVNR with their cellphones. There was no parked car anywhere, and it was very close to the entrance on the Mehdipatnam side. Some post-dinner evening walk, that!

Regards,
spadix
Old 8th October 2010, 12:38   #734
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Pulsar56 and Mobike008, I took the LangerHouz route to drop my wife today at Taramati Baradari.

Though we left at 9 am, it took us 45 minutes to cover that 14 kms of distance, and the delay was primarily due to a jam between the roundabout near Mehdipatnam where we turn left to go to Golconda from the Tolichowki road. I am not sure if it is a daily phenomenon, but it took 15 minutes to cover 500 metres till the first road crossing where the road sharply curves to the right.

From there onwards it was smooth sailing.

OT: This is the first time we got to see Taramati Baradari, and we were dumbstruck by the beauty and ambience of that place. There are several AC auditoriums for seminars and the layout looks top class. I believe there are rooms to stay also.

I will explore more next week. The place is only 10 Kms from Gachibowli ORR Jn.
Old 9th October 2010, 13:27   #735
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, on my way back from office, I noticed that the road from VW Jn to Appolo Hosptial/ Film Nagar Jn was closed for repair, and all vehicles were diverted to the other lane and made to go in the wrong direction.

I hope they spruce up that road nice and tidy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks