Team-BHP - Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/55334-hyderabad-updates-traffic-diversions-road-expansions-alternate-routes-etc-92.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveloholic (Post 2968539)
Venu Saab, that is not yet fully functional I guess. If you are willing to take the pain of bump-bump-bump, then I guess you can try it. I once took that road and ended up going around through mud-dust and what not to end up at Nanakramguda ORR Exit. I never tried that route again. It was like an Off Roading Track all together. Let me see, if I can do a recce of it on someones bike here.

That is what I thought also. Do update us when you can. I guess the bumpy stretch is only for half a km, but I am not sure.

I guess the toll is now operational on ORR?
How much does it cost from NH7 (Shamshabad) coming from Blr, if I exit at Kothaguda? (edit: or is it Kondapur?)

thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 2968187)
Has anybody used the shortcut route from nVidia to Gachibowli? There seems to be a kutcha road for some distance after nVidia and then it seems to be a good road till the entrance to ORR at Nanakramguda.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N...5&via=1,2&z=16

Is that the road that goes straight from Capgemini Chai tapri? If yes, I ventured out there during sometime in March this year and that road was under contruction and dead-ends...Went through some bad patches and had to negotiate through a couple of JCB's and return back and take the normal route.

I cursed myself for always looking out for shortcut strategies:D

EDIT : Sriturl, Lowest toll charge is Rs.10 and highest is Rs.20 ( i think). VFM for the roads their offer us

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2968631)
Is that the road that goes straight from Capgemini Chai tapri? If yes, I ventured out there during sometime in March this year and that road was under contruction and dead-ends...Went through some bad patches and had to negotiate through a couple of JCB's and return back and take the normal route.

I cursed myself for always looking out for shortcut strategies:D

Add me to that list of persons looking out for shortcuts!

I am not sure of where the chai tapri is located, but I am referring to the road to the left that comes after passing Capgemini, while coming from Wipro Circle. It leads to Nvidia campus at the end of that road.

Google maps gives me an impression that a road does exist, though it may be patchy. Let us await Travelholic's survey report.

Quote:

EDIT : Sriturl, Lowest toll charge is Rs.10 and highest is Rs.20 ( i think). VFM for the roads their offer us

The Highest depends upon your Entry Point and Exit Point. Shamshabad to Airport should cost about 30/- or 40/-. Avi Bhai, the max toll depends upon the Kms you are covering between your two points.

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveloholic (Post 2968858)
The Highest depends upon your Entry Point and Exit Point. Shamshabad to Airport should cost about 30/- or 40/-. Avi Bhai, the max toll depends upon the Kms you are covering between your two points.

Thanks, that sounds reasonable. Highway toll is almost 1 rupee per km. My previous visit, I didn't use ORR, as I had to detour via Nanal nagar, so took PVNR exp way instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sriturl (Post 2968620)
How much does it cost from NH7 (Shamshabad) coming from Blr, if I exit at Kothaguda? (edit: or is it Kondapur?)

It is neither Kothaguda nor Kondapur, it is Gachibowli.
The toll is 20/-.
Quote:

Lowest toll charge is Rs.10 and highest is Rs.20 ( i think). VFM for the roads their offer us

The toll goes up way beyond 20/-. Thumb Rule method of calculation is Rs. 0.85 per km. to be rounded off to the nearest 10/- (not higher, nearest).
Quote:

Originally Posted by traveloholic (Post 2968858)
Shamshabad to Airport should cost about 30/- or 40/-.

Typographical error.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 2969281)
Typographical error.

I was taking him from Shamshabad to the Airport Bajaj Saab stupid:

What was I really thinking, when I was replying to that post

From the posts, it appears that Toll is collected from ORR.
When did they start collecting the toll ?
Can anybody enlighten me on the current toll scenario on ORR ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koenigsegg220 (Post 2971133)
From the posts, it appears that Toll is collected from ORR.
When did they start collecting the toll ?
Can anybody enlighten me on the current toll scenario on ORR ?

Yes, ORR (the functional parts) is tolled since the past few months.

It is approximately Rs. 0.85 per km rounded off to the nearest 10 rupees.

The functional part of ORR at present is between Mumbai Highway near Patancheru and Vijayawada Highway near Ramoji Film City. That is a distance of approximately 75 km and so the toll should be either Rs. 60/- or Rs. 70/- or in that range.

The minimum toll is Rs. 10/-.

The toll between airport exit at Shamshabad and Gachibowli exit is Rs. 20/-.

Yes. The toll booth issues a ticket when you enter ORR and you pay while you exit. After this has started there has been some reduction in call Center cab traffic in the ORR. Also the segment from Gachibowli to the Financial District exit is toll free and the toll is collected only in the main segment of the ORR. This will still be a viable alternate route to Wipro junction and beyond.

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveloholic (Post 2969424)
I was taking him from Shamshabad to the Airport Bajaj Saab stupid:

Never mind, message conveyed... :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 2969281)
It is neither Kothaguda nor Kondapur, it is Gachibowli.

The toll goes up way beyond 20/-. Thumb Rule method of calculation is Rs. 0.85 per km. to be rounded off to the nearest 10/- (not higher, nearest).

Thanks, may try in the next visit, unless I need to detour via Nanal nagar

one thing unrelated is that I always get stopped by traffic cops to check for pollution certificate etc.(which normally doesnt happen in Blr). This time I was thinking that I was not stopped owing to the sunfilm operation, but was stopped at the end of Cyberabad limits(just before checkpost which says Mahboob Nagar district police check post) beyond Shamshabad, almost at Shadnagar.:Frustrati

The Hyderabad ORR just got extended :

Bye-passing Hyderabad using ORR between Bangalore Highway and Nagpur Highway is now a reality (will become in a few days time).

The ORR stretch between NH9 aka Mumbai Highway near Patancheru at Muthangi and Nagpur Highway aka NH7 near Medchal and SH1 aka Rajiv Rahadari aka Siddipet-Karimnagar Highway near Shamirpet is being declared open from 03-Dec-2012. It will remain un-tolled for a month or so till tenders are finalised on who will get the contract. The toll between Patancheru and Shamirpet will be Rs. 30/-.

Naming the important junctions clockwise starting from the Eastern side, the ORR is now operational for both ways traffic between : NH5 (Vijayawada Highway), Nagarjunasagar State Highway, Srisailam State Highway, NH7 (Bangalore Highway), Gachibowli exit, Financial District exit, NH9 (Mumbai Highway), Medak State Highway, NH7 (Nagpur Highway) and Karimnagar State Highway which marks more than 75% of the work.

The stretch from Karimnagar State Highway to Warangal Highway and then Warangal Highway to NH5 (Vijayawada Highway) remains under construction and once this is complete, the ORR will be fully 100% ready.

Happy Driving!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 2975984)
The Hyderabad ORR just got extended :

Bye-passing Hyderabad using ORR between Bangalore Highway and Nagpur Highway is now a reality (will become in a few days time).

The ORR stretch between NH9 aka Mumbai Highway near Patancheru at Muthangi and Nagpur Highway aka NH7 near Medchal and SH1 aka Rajiv Rahadari aka Siddipet-Karimnagar Highway near Shamirpet is being declared open from 03-Dec-2012. It will remain un-tolled for a month or so till tenders are finalised on who will get the contract. The toll between Patancheru and Shamirpet will be Rs. 30/-.

Naming the important junctions clockwise starting from the Eastern side, the ORR is now operational for both ways traffic between : NH5 (Vijayawada Highway), Nagarjunasagar State Highway, Srisailam State Highway, NH7 (Bangalore Highway), Gachibowli exit, Financial District exit, NH9 (Mumbai Highway), Medak State Highway, NH7 (Nagpur Highway) and Karimnagar State Highway which marks more than 75% of the work.

The stretch from Karimnagar State Highway to Warangal Highway and then Warangal Highway to NH5 (Vijayawada Highway) remains under construction and once this is complete, the ORR will be fully 100% ready.

Happy Driving!!!

Thanks for this brilliant news scoop:)Do you know of any dates on the Rajiv Rahadari-Warrangal-NH5 completion?

Quote:

The ORR stretch between NH9 aka Mumbai Highway near Patancheru at Muthangi and Nagpur Highway aka NH7 near Medchal and SH1 aka Rajiv Rahadari aka Siddipet-Karimnagar Highway near Shamirpet is being declared open from 03-Dec-2012.

Do you know the other exits between Muthangi and Shamirpet? Trying to see if there is an exit near Mallampet or Bowrampet. There are roads cutting ORR at these places. I am sure there should be one at the Medak road intersection.

Quote:

Naming the important junctions clockwise starting from the Eastern side, the ORR is now operational for both ways traffic between : NH5 (Vijayawada Highway),

Hyderabad Vijayawada Highway is NH 9 (Now called NH 65 as per new numbering system). NH 5 is the Chennai-Vijayawada-Kolkatta Highway (NH 16 as per the new numbering system).