Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2009, 11:46   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danindica View Post
Wonder why they ride like with no concerns for other people's machines and their own life and limb.
This is something that really surprises and disappoints me. Forget them bikers giving a f*** about others vehicles, but what's scary is that they display total disregard for their own safety. I think that a countless number of lives and limbs are saved by car drivers everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I have seen so much inhuman behavior on the road that next time ( God forbid ) if I am in any accident, I must help out myself, and will expect any help from others. Its just getting too bad day by day.
But I believe in " Roads indicate culture of the nation ". We get the idea about this by having a look at the roads.
+1 to that. Sad but true.
Old 29th April 2009, 12:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
But I believe in " Roads indicate culture of the nation ". We get the idea about this by having a look at the roads.
+1 to that.

Everybody is in a hurry and values are lost. Insecurity feelings loom large on the streets and at the drop of a hat you are raged. Who knows where we will end up as.

If the rules are followed in principle we have enough infrastructure for everybody to coexist peacefully.
Old 29th April 2009, 12:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
The guy was scared, cut him some slack.
Cut him some slack ? a mistake which is unintentional is pardonable. But a mistake which is done intentionally is NOT. THe Alto guy made a mistake took a turn without indicators...Pardonable, but when he had a chance to redeem himself and help the guy whom HE has HURT and to make sure he gets alright. . . if then he runs away it is unpardonable.

He was scared alright, but who is responsible for the bikers condition ? Guys gotto take responibility ...

ac
Old 29th April 2009, 16:38   #19
BHPian

drive / ride a bit slow . . . its a request

most of the accidents happen because we drive / ride at speeds which really we cant control.

any car / bike will go fast if you floor / turn the throttle . . . but whats the limit you set make a huge difference.

my car was hit thrice at signal by two-wheelers while waiting for the green light ; all of them tried to squeeze in to the front . cant they stop back and avoid these.

YES they can , if they think both of us has to reach home & there are people waiting for both us
Old 29th April 2009, 18:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Thats nothing compared to things that happen on road every day. You cant expect anyone to take responsibility on the road due to your fault or his fault. People try to run away from the spot because nobody has time to spare. Thats the 21st century driving mentality, can we change that ? Its very tough.

My bro-in-law was within the city in his chauffer driven skoda, moving with the traffic without any hurry. An innova came behind him flashing lights and racing engine, private vehicle driven by the owner with golden rings on all fingers and half a dozen gold chains around his neck! My brother didnt have space to give, neither on the left nor on the right. So, he waited for a chance to give space to the impatient innova guy. The moment innova got a chance to move, he overtook my brother and scratched his left side on the skoda and stopped infront blocking the whole road. It was cleary his fault, but he demanded 5000 rupees. My brother didnt step out, his driver talked to the man sitting inside. Innova guy said, "call the police or give 5000 rupees". After a few seconds, my brother said, call the police. This innova guy got more angry, took a bigger stone from the road and scratched the front right part of the skoda for 2 minutes, making a bigger mark on the car for not paying money. He left after that. Imagine if my brother came out with the same anger and attitude ? He ignored the whole incident because he had to fly Delhi same night. This is the kind of people we have around. So, no surprises !
Wow thats one hell of an incident. Dont worry, India is full of thugs so these things will continue to happen, no matter how careful you are while driving.
Old 29th April 2009, 18:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Cut him some slack ? a mistake which is unintentional is pardonable. But a mistake which is done intentionally is NOT. THe Alto guy made a mistake took a turn without indicators...Pardonable, but when he had a chance to redeem himself and help the guy whom HE has HURT and to make sure he gets alright. . . if then he runs away it is unpardonable.

He was scared alright, but who is responsible for the bikers condition ? Guys gotto take responibility ...

ac
I dont quite agree here. Some of the worst offenders on the roads as I have seen in Bangalore are the 2 wheelers followed by the Autocrickshaws in that order. The 2 wheelers and Autorickshaws have absolutely no roadsense whatsoever. They are the cause for many accidents here atleast.
Old 29th April 2009, 19:11   #22
BHPian

Happened with one of my friend in Kormangala near wipro office. He was on his RX-100 at a speed of 20 , he was slow due to the bad roads. Suddenly one lower-middle class lady in her 40s appeared before his bike.

She was watching to her left and crossing the road. My friend hit her, to be precise, his handlebar touched her at a speed of 20kmph and she fell down. All of a sudden a mawaali type man came claiming himself to be her brother and asked for money. My friend said that she dint even get a scratch money for what?, but for a sake of it he took her to apollo clinic nearby.

Doctors said no problem at all.

That lady complained about her pain in tooth gums which was due to some cavity. And ultimately my friend ended up paying hefty amount for her root-canal.

So where was the fault of the poor biker here?
Old 29th April 2009, 21:58   #23
BHPian

Where are the cops when such incidents happen.
Why dont the cops challan them for rash driving the moment they spot them. They should flag the patrol at the next crossing and challan him with proof.
Old 30th April 2009, 15:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
. My friend hit her, to be precise, his handlebar touched her at a speed of 20kmph and she fell down. All of a sudden a mawaali type man came claiming himself to be her brother and asked for money. And ultimately my friend ended up paying hefty amount for her root-canal.

So where was the fault of the poor biker here?
These type of incidents can be deliberate. I have heard about a place in Bangalore - Mangalore road where kids jump in front of cars and elders joing later to extract money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks