Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

The mob is always fickle. They never bother to ascertain who was at fault. All they think of is "Hey, someone is getting beaten up, let's go & watch the fun/join the action".

Generally, it is the guy driving the larger vehicle who is the target. That is why truck drivers run away from any scene of accident.

Probably the safest place to hide would be the police station
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:32   #17
BHPian

Typical mob mentality. The other day on kanakapura road, 2 cars met with an accident and each driver started giving blows to other, the crowd joined in and it was free for all. All this happened within minutes.
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:09   #18
BHPian

@Murali. That was a very deep intelligent thought. Full credit to that taxi driver and you to penning down so nicely.

I'll try to think about "Garbage Truck" now.
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

hahaha
I found it Amusing.
People are really jobless these days.
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Probably the safest place to hide would be the police station
I was in a private bus going from Shirdi to Pune, and the bus driver was talking about how once a speeding motorist lost balance due to gust of wind created by a passing truck and rammed straight into the bus grill. The impact was so hard that that fellows brains were in the drivers compartment. This was near Rahuri. The bus driver changed route to the nearest police station. The panchanama was done later and blah blah..
The bus, driver and passengers were safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiyags22 View Post
Typical mob mentality. The other day on kanakapura road, 2 cars met with an accident and each driver started giving blows to other, the crowd joined in and it was free for all. All this happened within minutes.
Do you have a video of that. Did you join the party then ? 'Free for all' lol made my day man!
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
You should have posted it in jokes thread. Can't stop laughing.
+10000 to that, i cant stop laughing while typing this
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
@Murali. That was a very deep intelligent thought. Full credit to that taxi driver and you to penning down so nicely.

I'll try to think about "Garbage Truck" now.
Oops! There seems to a small confusion here.

The "I" in the article is the author - David J. Pollay and not me. I got this as a forward from my friend the other day and I thought it is apt to the original post and hence, shared it on the Forum.

You can check on this author at David J. Pollay's Blog.
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:55   #23
BANNED

The most astonishing thing is the two wheelers who will scrape through tiny gaps to get ahead or overtake you from the left or break signals, who are always in a hurry. Will readily park their bikes in the middle of the road to watch the tamasha.
Old 2nd July 2009, 20:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
....Law of the Garbage Truck.....
Very insightful. Really gave me something to think about. Thanks Murali.
Old 2nd July 2009, 22:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Here is a small snippet that sums up this incident and many others very well - The "Law of the Garbage Truck" by David J. Pollay:

I learned it in the back of a New York City taxi cab. Here's what happened. I hopped in a taxi, and we took off for Grand Central Station. We were driving in the right lane when all of a sudden, and I mean without warning, a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded and missed the other car's back end by just inches.

Here's what happened next. The driver of the other car, the guy who almost caused a big accident, whipped his head around and he started yelling bad words at us. How do I know? Ask any New Yorker, some words in New York come with a special face.

Now, here's what blew me away. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was friendly. So, I said, "Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!" And this is when my taxi driver told me what I now call, "The Law of the Garbage Truck."
This is one of the cheapest thing I have ever read and heard anywhere. Actually, the taxi driver and passenger missed the garbage truck. The garbage truck would have fallen on them if that black car would have crushed the taxi and its occupants. Then I think the law of garbage truck is applicable.

Have a look at this : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/841401-post4.html from thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...age-truck.html

Real life is bad for sure. If you really want to be happy and avoid any sort of garbage trucks, you ought to have two things: Health and Wealth. Miss one of them and you have one bad life, so bad that death seems delicious. Else you are failure and forever life is in ruins. One can live life alone avoiding many garbage trucks if he has those two things.

What happened in the case of Ace and bus, I think they should have brought justice to each other with a street fight. This instantly solves matters. Police will just create more trouble for both the parties.
Lack of discipline has already crossed many lines.
I would rather avoid any fight, but if somebody steps over the line, they will get to see my wrath unloading on them, but that is when I am provoked too much.
Old 9th July 2009, 14:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Real life is bad for sure. If you really want to be happy and avoid any sort of garbage trucks, you ought to have two things: Health and Wealth. Miss one of them and you have one bad life, so bad that death seems delicious. Else you are failure and forever life is in ruins. One can live life alone avoiding many garbage trucks if he has those two things.
Man! That's very pessimistic. What do you do if you are healty and wealthy but there's a bus load of frustrated folks who want to dispose their garbage on you? I think that's what the theory is about. Forget smaller issues to fight for bigger issues. Unfortunately, easier said than done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks