Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2005, 13:51   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIV
Listen dude,

You must have drivign etiquette.How on earth can you ask for a drag with an Adventure?You must be nuts.He let u speed off bcos he wanted you to get the kicks,that is all.If you were in a bigger car then the Adventure would start talking.

So....the next time,be a good kid and race with the 800s+santros+altos....autos/OK
Hey chill dude,There is a far better and subtler way to make such a point.
Old 30th June 2005, 13:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I wish people wouldnt be so patronising - its not as though the car he had a go at is some kind of hot rod.
Hot rod? Not really, but then not in the same category of 800cc Alto and is far more capable. Doing those insane speeds could have been dangerous. I have driven 800cc alto and I can say that after 120 it starts vibrating like hell.

Edit note: It has nothing to do with being Fiat. Taking on 1.6 Swing could have been the same.

Last edited by RX135 : 30th June 2005 at 13:55.
Old 30th June 2005, 14:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

an adventure,baleno,swing,sail,accent,GTX,OHC are all hotrods when comparing to a 800cc ALTO.there is no way on earth that a standard alto can do 150kmph with revs to spare.the same engine in the erstwhile m800 5-speed which is much lighter than the alto maxed out at 145kmph.
Old 30th June 2005, 14:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

According to OD, the 800cc Alto has a top speed of 145kmph (true speed).

But, if the Adventure in question was a Diesel, then it has no chance against the Alto.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 30th June 2005 at 14:11.
Old 30th June 2005, 14:10   #20
Team-BHP Support

Huh, did you read his post? It was the adventure guy who was trying to have fun at his expense. Just because somebody owns a small car does not mean that others can mock and ridicule!
Old 30th June 2005, 14:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

I don't think an Alto 0.8 can outrun an Adventure 1.6. It could have been the traffic and the driver's lack of skill that led to the win.

But the Alto is anyday faster than an Adventure 1.9 D.

Shan2nu
Old 30th June 2005, 14:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

i think it must definately be the 1.9D Adventure.

but seriously do u think an alto can do 145kmph?then what about the santro xing 1.1.i think it has a topspeed of 145kmph and the zen which has topspeed of 152kmph.both have 15bhp more than the alto and not much weight difference.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 30th June 2005 at 14:21.
Old 30th June 2005, 14:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but seriously do u think an alto can do 155kmph?
It's 145kmph. Forget what the speedo says.

Shan2nu
Old 30th June 2005, 14:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
I don't think an Alto 0.8 can outrun an Adventure 1.6. It could have been the traffic and the driver's lack of skill that led to the win.
That is all that was implied - I dont think he was trying to say that his car was faster. He got needled by somebody in a bigger car and he gave it back as good as he could.

The patronising tone used by some people was uncalled for, since he did a good job with the equipment he had. He has also taken pains to say that he tried his luck when the roads were clear - he has therefore not been reckless.

He waited for his opportunity and took it - thats a good sign and shows he's not one to be messed around with - whether driving or otherwise.

I dont believe he did 155kmph on his Alto either, but thats incidental to the point he was trying to make. He may have done so at 110 kmph, but he did wipe a smirk off a face...

Last edited by Steeroid : 30th June 2005 at 14:35.
Old 30th June 2005, 14:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Just because somebody owns a small car does not mean that others can mock and ridicule!
I whole heartedly agree. But even if he does that, I would not go over my limits. 800cc Alto is not very stable after 120 kmph even on expressway. Why should I risk my life for him?
Old 30th June 2005, 17:20   #26
BHPian

Moral of the story - it's not what you drive, it's how you drive....atleast in the city. Nice to know you showed him a clean pair of heels turbo lover. And remember, always drive safe.

Manti.
Old 30th June 2005, 17:49   #27
BHPian

I guess the adventure driver chicken out....
And all this talk of "Driving Etiquette" is nonsense,
considering the open/free roads.
Rules are made for us, we are not made for rules.

No need to drive like a suitcase on a conveyor belt,
when the roads are empty.

I say push the m/c to the limits, push the boundary,
push the envelope.
Mind u, u should also know the limits of one's self.

PS: Speed is like cocaine...cant stop once u tasted it.
and overdose/abuse of it kills too...
Old 30th June 2005, 23:17   #28
BHPian

the alto is a capable car.
and why are we starting talks of engine comparisons...may be the adventure driver was just not upto the mark...at the end of the day, its just not the horses that matter...
gear shifts, kerb weight, and most of all driving skills are also essential...lets not forget that!
@turbo_lover: great job dude. happy revving....!
Old 1st July 2005, 00:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIV
Listen dude,
You must have drivign etiquette.How on earth can you ask for a drag with an Adventure?You must be nuts.He let u speed off bcos he wanted you to get the kicks,that is all.If you were in a bigger car then the Adventure would start talking.
So....the next time,be a good kid and race with the 800s+santros+altos....autos/OK
hey buddy ...

I have better things to do than to ask a guy driving a 100 bhp car to drag my moms alto . ..so if you read my post properly i have mentioned that the guy was messing with me ...for all i know i would have coasted on that bridge doing a humble 100ks in 5th gear had he not given me his "highway rolling drag" invitation...what PI$$ed meoff was the cocky grin on his face..i was provoked ..when i am i'll will push anything to its limit ..and that is my Driving Etiquette..

And it was a street race..had it been a straight drag i would have ignored that driver... the guy didnt give up...he couldnt find a line to stretch his legs ..he lost too much momentum cutting through lanes ..the closest he got was prolly a cars lenght behind me...but the conditions favoured me..i had spotted the line/gap to take even before i took off against him...otherwise i wouldnt have gone for it simply because alto is not a car to race in ...
as it is very soft while cornering /cutting ...

anyways ... am sure there is a speedo error..even if i touched a max 120 ..its a shame the adventure dude couldnt smother me at a speed which is peanuts for such a car..

all in all i am glad i taught him a lesson and wipe that grin off his face ...
...the next time he sees asilver alto on the toll bridge he's bound to chnage to the left lane and let her pass.
Old 1st July 2005, 00:30   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

What is this?
Is this going to turn into another Fiat topic?
The main thing is that he showed an show off that he was better and SAFER when it comes to driving and that is what matters.
Heck,
turbo, congrats on your win, great job
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks