Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 08:22   #1
BHPian

Oh My God!!! Met a crazy biker on highway

I was driving down from my mudumalai guest house to bangalore last weekend and while nering kengeri (a suburb) of Bangalore, there was this two wheeler guy on a apache RTR with his right indicator on turning into the fast highway from the wrong side from left and still was cutting across lane from the right to the left. As I pulled up near him, on a slow moving section, I indicated to him with my fingers that his indicator was on and why he is riding like mad.
Not sure what went into his head, he started riding really mad after that zig zagging across lanes and heavy fast traffic. It was real crazy. I guess he was lucky not skidding or hitting some vehicle. For a couple off minutes I tried to catch up with him so that I can tell him that my intention was not to offend him or insult him and ask him to drive carefully.
But seeing the futility of the task, I stopped trying to chase him.

Last I saw of him, he still was alive

Bala
Old 16th July 2009, 08:30   #2
BHPian

Am glad that he did not kill or harm anyone and am really sad that he is still alive. I will and shall not show any sympathy for people who do not respect or concern for either their own and others lives. Life is quite precious and one needs to have utmost respect for it.
Old 16th July 2009, 11:58   #3
BHPian

Why do you worry??? Give way to such morons - there is nothing much you can do except this.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

don't worry. there is no point in suggesting. the end result is you getting tensed and loosing your cool. At least you are in a car and safe.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:09   #5
BHPian

Came across a similar guy yesterday on my way to office. He was zig zagging with his thumb fixed on the horn on an extremely busy NH9 which passes through the city. 200 meters later I saw him and his pillion biting dust, picking up his bike from road and cursing an auto wallah .
Old 16th July 2009, 12:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

I am abit confused with the naration

Quote:
there was this two wheeler guy on a apache RTR with his right indicator on turning into the fast highway from the wrong side from left
Entering a road from left giving right indicator is right whats wrong here?. You certainly cant enter any road from right if it is a 2 lane road.

Quote:
and still was cutting across lane from the right to the left.
You mean after entering from left & getting to right he cut across back to left?

Quote:
I indicated to him with my fingers that his indicator was on and why he is riding like mad.
That was nice of you but usually people dont listen this way. He must have thought that you are going to chase him or compaint about him & thats why rpobably he was trying to run away from you.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

yeah. could be confusion in understanding too

and we need to edit the title too. Its patently confusing.

PS: Its no big deal for a biker to zigzag. Don't get so worked up. All in a day's work
Old 16th July 2009, 13:14   #8
BHPian

yeah, the title needs an edit, i got confused as to what the thread starter was trying to say. This experience is nothing new and is a day to day scene in all metros where NH pass through the city with heavy traffic jams.
Old 16th July 2009, 13:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

Haha, edit the title, I thought he killed the guy.
Old 16th July 2009, 13:54   #10
Senior - BHPian

Bhai, when u see such people on bikes instead of telling him anything you should stay miles away from him.

A bike guy riding in a dangereous way has like a brilliant chance of falling and if you are anywhere near him and invariably trample his hand,head, leg bla bla you can kiss your future goodbye.

Next time, just slow down and let them do what they want. We dont have to get involved in their death warrant
Old 16th July 2009, 14:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Humyum,

That's actually quite hilarious. 99% chances are there normally that the spaces a bike squeezes through in traffic, a car can't keep up - unless on a wide open NH.

Its just that following it is signing the chasing car's warrant, not the biker's
Old 20th July 2009, 13:32   #12
BHPian

Bad driving habits (hope this title is ok)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I am abit confused with the naration

Entering a road from left giving right indicator is right whats wrong here?. You certainly cant enter any road from right if it is a 2 lane road.

You mean after entering from left & getting to right he cut across back to left?
Let me clarify
It is a 4 lane highway. I was going from Mysore to bangalore
This guy came in before kengeri from the right side, cut into the lane of high traffic, cut across to the left, still had the indicator on, but didnt cut across to the right as per the indicator neither gave way properly. Hence signaled to him and he went berserk.
The way he rode the bike, I was sure he was going to hit something and didnt want to see a accident so soon after the couple of ones in Gudalur.

The title was unintentional.
Can someone tell me how to change it
Best regards
Bala
Old 20th July 2009, 13:38   #13
Senior - BHPian

Oh ok So you mean he cut through right lane to left most lane at fast speed with the right indicator blinking?
Old 20th July 2009, 13:42   #14
Team-BHP Support

I was doing about 130 on my wagon R.

NH5, I am in the second lane.

This idiot biker suddenly cuts in front.
I am a decent distance behind him but still honk and ease the accelerator.

He turns back and continues his left to right move all the way into the inner lane.
A safari doing maybe a 150 leaves some rubber on the road.

The idiot continues on his way.
Old 20th July 2009, 13:56   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Oh ok So you mean he cut through right lane to left most lane at fast speed with the right indicator blinking?
Yes please.
He actually came in from a small bylane from the right side of the road, cut across the 2 oppsite lanes on the right, cut across the fast lane on my lane / side, went to the slow lane, then centered the bike on the line on the road like a aircraft about to take off. The reason he centered the bike was there were more vehicles on the left, back, front, right every where and all were moving fast around 60 to 80 kmph.
Best regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks