Old 19th May 2010, 20:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
. Wasn't contesting what you said.
Oh!!! Ok.

Quote:
My point was that since we aren't the "traffic cops" we should let them do the job of controlling this menace.
If they were doing their jobs, then why're the mistakes still happening? C'mon we all know how much they do their job. Hope you're aware that FOP is an initiative by Tamilnadu govt to empower citizens to an extend to support law & order.

Quote:
I've come across some really weird incidents one being an innocent civilian losing his life when trying to sort things out between two.
You're very right, this is the risk of interference & this is precisely the reason, why I stopped bothering about these things & I just keep the rules to myself.
Old 19th May 2010, 21:02   #32
BANNED

Quote:
. Wasn't contesting what you said.

My point was that since we aren't the "traffic cops" we should let them do the job of controlling this menace.

I would again re-iterate that we should not resort to anything illegal (violence/inappropriate gestures/abusing/other things) and instead be cool-headed. I've come across some really weird incidents one being an innocent civilian losing his life when trying to sort things out between two.

Be Calm & AVOID till you can!
Correctly said.

We guys are civilised and better stay away from such things.

As far as standing up for what is right is concerned. We do that in our Office and Home every moment Lets enjoy the Outdoor atleast.
Old 19th May 2010, 21:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

Good Job Ajit! keep it up!

Pretty sure its had an effect on him and the bugger will never dare to do it again.

I would do the same..except I would feel little more brave if I was with a couple other guys with me.
Old 19th May 2010, 21:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Good Job Ajit! keep it up!
Oh!!! God!!! Dear Mod, I couldn't believe you're justifying Ajmat's act. It may not work out all the time, here're some possibilities that I can think of why it shouldn't be done. I leave the consequence for you to imagine
1. The guy who rode on the footpath is a cop
2. The guy is a son of who's who of the city
3. The guy is with a bunch of friends, just that his friends are just behind him on a Sumo
4. The guy is professional in criminal activities
5. Worst case, the guy is on the way to your home & is a friend of your Dad that you didn't know

We've families & its not worth risking our lives over simple things. Sometimes, little things like this puts our lives to risk.
Old 20th May 2010, 08:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Oh!!! God!!! Dear Mod, I couldn't believe you're justifying Ajmat's act. It may not work out all the time, here're some possibilities that I can think of why it shouldn't be done. I leave the consequence for you to imagine.
Nice imagination you have there dear aargee, but we are not robots but mature human beings with something called 'judgement' that comes with age and experience.

You can look at a guy and confirm within 5 seconds of talking to him whether points 1-4 apply or not. Pretty sure Ajmat did the same. Personally I dont really care about point#5.

More than likely its a country bumpkin who has moved to the city or a cocky teenager.

Last edited by Mpower : 20th May 2010 at 08:57.
Old 20th May 2010, 09:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can look at a guy and confirm within 5 seconds of talking to him whether points 1-4 apply or not.
Do you mean that you'd want to straighten out only those who are physically inferior to you?
Quote:
3. The guy is with a bunch of friends, just that his friends are just behind him on a Sumo.
Old 20th May 2010, 10:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice imagination you have there dear aargee
It only takes few second for this imagination to turn into reality; I don't want to get into a debate, but I'm talking this from my experience too; you'll never know whom you'll meet & what you'll encounter today. A school mate of ours rides a bicycle, looks like a joker, thin, wears loose clothes, but works in Q branch. Appearance is always deceptive.

Quote:
Personally I dont really care about point#5
good to hear, when it turns into reality, its very embarassing

Ajith would've done it by mistake, but somehow, I couldn't digest the fact that a moderator of a respectable forum is supporting this. But this only my opinion.

Quote:
Do you mean that you'd want to straighten out only those who are physically inferior to you?
May be; I couldn't think it this way.

Last edited by aargee : 20th May 2010 at 10:08.
Old 20th May 2010, 10:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
good to hear, when it turns into reality, its very embarassing
The question is to whom??

I was in a similar situation with my dad's superior. There was a traffic jam on the road which was a single lane. One guy in a M800 wanted to overtake my car(indica) and tried going in the wrong direction. I asked to stop, not to do it but an elder man on the passenger seat was urging to carry on. This is what I said to the elder man "is it your son or you who doesnt have common sense??" poor guy was so embarrassed(first time) in-front of his family including kids he bowed his head down and asked the driver to take reverse and wait behind my car. Incidentally he was on his way to our house. When my dad introduced to me that this gentleman(??) is his superior, poor man he was so embarrassed(second time) he avoided eye contact with me through out the day.

So the koshchun(question ) is to whom??
Old 20th May 2010, 11:00   #39
BHPian

Don't ever turn your back...

Hi,

Good thing that you cooled off but don't ever turn your back on the monkey.
You might have cooled off but he might just be getting to his peak rpm after doing the treasure hunt in the traffic. He might just want to enlighten you about his point of view by bending a pipe around your skull.

So please don't turn your back. And maybe in future don't even block these nuts. If he is alcohol fuelled you may just get more than a push. Please be safe, there are fewer good guys around and let's not loose the ones we have.

Regards,

Chaunfa
Old 24th May 2010, 11:00   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice imagination you have there dear aargee, but we are not robots but mature human beings with something called 'judgement' that comes with age and experience.

You can look at a guy and confirm within 5 seconds of talking to him whether points 1-4 apply or not. Pretty sure Ajmat did the same. Personally I dont really care about point#5.

More than likely its a country bumpkin who has moved to the city or a cocky teenager.
well rules apply to all , either you behave indifferently towards all or simply ignore the imbecile.

interesting thing i noticed regarding this issue, always "the bigger bully" has the upper hand
Its either you or the "who's who of the city".

Vinay
Old 30th May 2010, 21:15   #41
BHPian

Guys,

With all due respect, i think most of us here are overreacting. I can understand getting back at the footpath rider if he is honking/forcing people out of the way. However, if he is navigating without causing any inconvenience, we should not try to "teach him a lesson", or snatch keys! Thats just wrong.

I would like to ask how many people who support confrontation of this sort have themselves never broken the law? I can bet there is no one here who has not jaywalked or broken speed limit, jumped a signal, honked unnecessarily, etc. etc. So lets drop the hypocrisy and have a some empathy.
Old 30th May 2010, 22:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
good to hear, when it turns into reality, its very embarassing.
Yes, but for him not me. My dad's friends are in the age group of 57-70. For their own good I hope they are not riding 100cc bikes...much less on the footpath.
Quote:
Yep, thats the law of the jungle (and life). Believe me..if Osama bin Laden was riding 100cc bike on footpath I was not be messing with him.
Quote:
Ajith would've done it by mistake, but somehow, I couldn't digest the fact that a moderator of a respectable forum is supporting this. But this only my opinion.
Like I said before I am blessed with good judgement. If you cannot trust your judgement, my recomendation to you is to play it safe. I'm not advising anybody to be reckless and risk their life and limb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
well rules apply to all , either you behave indifferently towards all or simply ignore the imbecile.
Vinay
Sounds great on paper but this is not Switzerland or NewZeland. If a couple of 12 yo urchins/imbeciles are stratching someone's car with a key, I am not the type that walks past with eyes closed pretending nothing is happening. If you wish to.. then its your choice.

Last edited by Mpower : 30th May 2010 at 22:32.
Old 30th May 2010, 23:24   #43
BANNED

Its better have this thread closed.

Does not make sense to continue further as its going completely OFF-TOPIC.

Ajmat has shared his views and action. Its HIS.

Lets leave it there, and continue further.

There's no way in which we can take law in our hands, it does not work here.

So request KINDLY CLOSE THIS THREAD
Old 31st May 2010, 04:31   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
That was just a Two wheeler

I have seen Buses/Trucks driving over foot paths
Even better, I have seen Nandini dairy 407s parked on the footpath and people jumping to the streets to get around the trucks to get to the next available space on the footpath.

Either everyone should be slapped (penalty/monetarily) by the authorities or none should be. It hardly makes any difference to educate a few and leave the rest. There are too many people and lack of infrasturcture. I sometimes wonder if cops accept bribes, they might as well ask for heavy bribes so that some percentage of sanity is left on the road and some percentage start behaving on the road. I'm sorry but I'm just trying to be optimistic in whatever negativity dishonesty can offer.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 31st May 2010 at 04:32.
Old 30th June 2010, 15:22   #45
BHPian

This incident happened last evening near NIMHANS which generally has a traffic logging problem in the evening. yesterday was no different and like always a 2 wheeler rider decided to make the footpath his own and ride on it.What happened next was something that i am seeing for the first time. One pedestrian who was walking on the footpath decided to no longer take this nonsense and turned around pulled the keys off the bike and threw it straight into traffic and proceeded to give the biker a blasting of a lifetime. The biker had no other option but to apologise profusely and pick up his keys and get off the footpath. Lesson learnt hopefully. Since there was a road full of fellow riders and drivers there waiting at the signal i hope some of the others also learnt their lessons as well.

I think if we just give up this chalta hai attitude and really do something rather than just sit there and let it be we could solve half the issues plaguing bangalore's traffic.

Last edited by ajmat : 30th June 2010 at 16:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks