Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2009, 13:29   #1
srinivas9446

Few Minutes Patience Worth A Life !

Guys,

This is an surprising LAW BREAKING MISCHIEF by a BHPian at J.S.S. Circle in 7th block Jayanagar, Bangalore on 14.08.2009 at 1750 hrs eaxactly.

i was travelling back from my office & was very happy to see a fellow BHP in front of me.

i was trying to overtake him to say an HELLO to him. But then we were approaching the signal at THE JSS CIRCLE, since the lights were turning orange, i was also slowing down behind his car.

Instead of waiting for the green, this guy stopped and all of a sudden zoomed ! JUMPING THE SIGNAL ...this made me really sad.

We all in the forum hold more responsibility on the road as the forum members and also are announcing to everybdoy we are the members by displaying the stickers on our car bumpers.

I have a picture of this car with the sticker. I took this snap thinking of posting it here to ask who is the owner of this car, incase i could not overtake and see him.

By this thread, i would like everybody to let me know if it would right on my part to reveal the car model, colour and the registration no.

i would like to do the right thing by getting the opinions.

I know that most of us here do follow the rules on the streets, but still a request to strictly follow the rules on the streets, so that we represent this forum with more and more dignity in the years to come. LETS BECOME WELLL KNOWN FOR DOING THE RIGHT THINGS !

Old 15th August 2009, 13:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

I say do put up the picture of the car.
But also, it is possible that the driver may not be a BHPian. I heard TBHP stickers are available off the shelf on JC Road.
Since he jumped the signal, i suspect if he is a true BHPian though A true BHPian would be glad to be the first to stop at a red light
Old 15th August 2009, 13:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

So did he zoom when the lights were still Orange or after they'd turned Red?

(Sorry if this is a stupid question but you confused me with -
Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
since the lights were turning orange, i was also slowing down behind his car.

Instead of waiting for the green, this guy stopped and all of a sudden zoomed !
Old 15th August 2009, 20:26   #4
srinivas9446

Dear Suman,

it was RED, so i have mentioned instead of waiting for green....he stopped and just took off as if he is off to a drag race...it was disgusting mate.

bye

Old 15th August 2009, 20:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Not a good sign at all. Even the time posted by you suggests it must have been peak traffic hour!

OT: When traffic signal were introduced in my home-town few years back, the traffic cops were seen with mics and speakers educating people that when the light is amber, you should slow down and stop and not increase the speed!

I am surprised to see the discipline these days. Everyone follows the rules.
Old 15th August 2009, 20:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

By all means put up the picture. If this is really is a BHPian,then its time for them to face the sharp end of the sword.
It makes me wonder,why should non-TBHP individuals get the sticker? If its meant for BHPians,shouldn't there be a restriction on who gets to use these stickers?
Old 15th August 2009, 21:58   #7
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
It makes me wonder,why should non-TBHP individuals get the sticker? If its meant for BHPians,shouldn't there be a restriction on who gets to use these stickers?
The stickers are in such demand, that sticker guys in local markets have ready made stock and anyone can walk in, walk out with them. And I doubt, there is anything that can be done about this. I saw a M800 with tbhp stickers in Advaith compound day before yesterday. Looked like the genuine stuff bought from here, but you never know. These sticker guys can copy any design within a few minutes.

Srinivas, I think you should put up the details.
Old 15th August 2009, 22:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I saw a M800 with tbhp stickers in Advaith compound day before yesterday. Looked like the genuine stuff bought from here, but you never know.
OT, why would you suspect the authenticity of the stickers?
Is it because the car was a M800?
Is it because it was parked in Advaith compound?
Or was it because the stickers looked fake?

Genuine question, no ungly here.
Old 15th August 2009, 23:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

May be some guys put off team-bhp sticker expecting as if it meant some racing team's title?
Old 15th August 2009, 23:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

So what? You want Mods to ban him for a month now? Like posting the image will change the world?

I mean, chill.
Old 16th August 2009, 00:20   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
So what? You want Mods to ban him for a month now? Like posting the image will change the world?

I mean, chill.
At least he is trying to make that difference. phamilyman don't you think if there were more of us like him, driving in our country could become a privilege rather than a right?

Yes you can’t castigate a person on this forum but by bringing the picture to this forum, such people would start to behave more responsibly going forward.
Old 16th August 2009, 00:22   #12
BHPian

So is there any practical way to control who gets the TBHP stickers, or should the rest of the members here who do drive carefully get blamed, for the few cars with stickers who drive rashly?

I for one would not like to get blamed for any rash driving done by other TBHP-stickered vehicle.

Every small negative incident with the TBHP name will add up and reflect on our community. I hope people here realise this fact. It may take time, but sooner or later it would happen.
Old 16th August 2009, 00:22   #13
BHPian

well, may be it will make him more disciplined to traffic signals and not put his and others safety in jeopardy.
Old 16th August 2009, 01:59   #14
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
OT, why would you suspect the authenticity of the stickers?
Just been having far too many instances where I pull up next to a car on seeing the sticker and try to inquire their handles. And they have absolutely no clue what tbhp is. Just that they found the sticker cool and picked it up from JC Road. Then there have been instances where some stickers have been lent by members to their friends who aren't members. The last 10 cars I have pulled up next to, not one turned out to be a member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman
Yeah it wont. But atleast it will help us identify and stay away from that car in case you find it on the road . That HELPS!
Old 16th August 2009, 02:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps you can tell your Skoda relatives to drive in the middle lanes if they don't want to go over 35kph.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks