Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 14:08   #16
BHPian

Here are few photos I was able to find
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore outer ring road Kadubeesnahalli junction horrific crash 19 Aug 2009-img_2426.jpg  

Bangalore outer ring road Kadubeesnahalli junction horrific crash 19 Aug 2009-img_2427.jpg  

Bangalore outer ring road Kadubeesnahalli junction horrific crash 19 Aug 2009-img_2428.jpg  

Bangalore outer ring road Kadubeesnahalli junction horrific crash 19 Aug 2009-img_2429.jpg  

Bangalore outer ring road Kadubeesnahalli junction horrific crash 19 Aug 2009-img_2430.jpg  

Old 19th August 2009, 14:09   #17
BHPian

Recd these pictures.

I am

May the soul RIP
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore outer ring road Kadubeesnahalli junction horrific crash 19 Aug 2009-outer-ring-road-_1.jpg  

Bangalore outer ring road Kadubeesnahalli junction horrific crash 19 Aug 2009-outer-ring-road-_2.jpg  

Bangalore outer ring road Kadubeesnahalli junction horrific crash 19 Aug 2009-outer-ring-road-_3.jpg  

Bangalore outer ring road Kadubeesnahalli junction horrific crash 19 Aug 2009-outer-ring-road-_4.jpg  

Bangalore outer ring road Kadubeesnahalli junction horrific crash 19 Aug 2009-outer-ring-road-_5.jpg  

Bangalore outer ring road Kadubeesnahalli junction horrific crash 19 Aug 2009-outer-ring-road-_6.jpg  

Old 19th August 2009, 14:11   #18
BHPian

Heard the following from our office boy. Not sure how accurate his version is. The sand laden lorry was driving real fast, too late to spot the speed breaker. The lorry, he said, just took off over the speed breaker, with the front axle being flung onto the traffic signal post, and the lorry finally landing over the poor milk vehicle, killing it's driver, who was unloading the contents, instantly. He also spoke of the horrific state of this driver after the impact, which for all reasons, cannot be described here. Feeling really sad after hearing this. A life was lost for no fault of his. May his soul rest in peace.

Last edited by dkamath : 19th August 2009 at 14:13.
Old 19th August 2009, 14:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Heard the following from our office boy. Not sure how accurate his version is. The sand laden lorry was driving real fast, too late to spot the speed breaker. The lorry, he said, just took off over the speed breaker, with the front axle being flung onto the traffic signal post, and the lorry finally landing over the poor milk vehicle, killing it's driver, who was unloading the contents, instantly. He also spoke of the horrific state of this driver after the impact, which for all reasons, cannot be described here. Feeling really sad after hearing this. A life was lost for no fault of his. May his soul rest in peace.
Very sad indeed. Such is the unpredictability of life and death here.
Old 19th August 2009, 14:21   #20
BHPian

Quote:
The lorry, he said, just took off over the speed breaker, with the front axle being flung onto the traffic signal post,
But isn't the speed breaker in that junction was almost leveled off??
Old 19th August 2009, 14:23   #21
BANNED

The sand lorries have become a major case of concern here in Bangalore. They are driven by uncouth, inhumane people. No surprises then that all of them are owned by local politicians.
Old 19th August 2009, 14:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Got a pic from my friend on this accident.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore outer ring road Kadubeesnahalli junction horrific crash 19 Aug 2009-190809_0857.jpg  

Old 19th August 2009, 14:29   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
But isn't the speed breaker in that junction was almost leveled off??
Really no idea about this, as this is not my route to and from work. Hence the disclaimer at the start of that post of mine. Sorry if the details are not correct, as it was hear-say.
Old 19th August 2009, 14:55   #24
BHPian

Mods:

Can you kindly delete my post 17. Same images were uploaded earlier in Post 15.

Thanks a ton
Old 19th August 2009, 14:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Moderators can merge this thread with the existing thread Accidents in India - PICS
Old 19th August 2009, 15:05   #26
BHPian

The poor auto driver is staying near to my home...
Old 19th August 2009, 15:24   #27
BHPian

May that auto driver's sould RIP :( thanks for uploading the pics, very shocking indeed to even imagine the speed at which the lorry was comming. These lorry drivers dont care for any speed breakers nor have any type of understanding on common sense because of which an innocent life was lost.
Old 19th August 2009, 16:22   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

May his soul R.I.P.

Sand lorries are synonymous with accidents here. They create a havoc when loaded and mess when empty for the speed at which they travel throwing sand particles and damaging winsheilds.

Due to the ever growing real estate scene, their numbers have increased and every lorry owner now wants to ferry sand and make quick money. If one notices, most of these drivers are too young to handle a loaded lorry with no experience at all.

Their number plates are smudged deliberately (Most of them) and tail lamps are always non functional.

Poor Interstate and NP Lorries get stopped by Traffic Cops (not the RTOs) and fined whereas these sand lorries merrily drive along due to a nexus well known.

Above all, we also see historic trucks with CNH, CTH, MEG type registration number with double side bonet doors ferrying Stones meant for foundation crawling at speeds not more than 15kmph.

With all this, should we really appreciate the situation? Is there a way the Traffic Dept and the RTOs eyes are wide opened?

I guess not.
Old 19th August 2009, 16:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He also spoke of the horrific state of this driver after the impact, which for all reasons, cannot be described here.
Why sir ? Pictures can be gory but descriptions can be subtle versioned. Or maybe I've seen it all.
Does anyone think the goods 3 - wheeler (APE) was brand new ? Looks like. RIP driver.
Old 19th August 2009, 16:47   #30
BHPian

Oops!!! I wish no fatalaties. But looking at the 3 wheeler, it's difficult. God save us all from such accidents.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks