Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 13:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Once, and only once, i have seen cops catching two wheelers on footpaths. That was on IRR, near the Ejjipura signal. Boy was i happy that day or what!
Old 26th August 2009, 14:01   #17
BHPian

another confession

I have to confess, last week i had to take my car back from servicing from "Suraksha Motors" on hosur road, and i was stuck in a jam and rode on the footpath near forum mall for like 8 secs and was stopped by a traffic cop and fined Rs 100/- on the spot.
This was the first time and will make sure that it is the last time.
Old 28th October 2009, 10:20   #18
BHPian

I had a very bad experience in Pune.
I was walking down on a footpath talking on cellphone.
Suddenly a biker came from no where on footpath in full speed, the handle of bike hit my wrist. It was just so painful. Its a shame for people driving on footpaths.
For God's sake leave the foot paths for pedestrians.
Old 28th October 2009, 18:59   #19
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd25 View Post
I had a very bad experience in Pune.
I was walking down on a footpath talking on cellphone.
Suddenly a biker came from no where on footpath in full speed, the handle of bike hit my wrist. It was just so painful. Its a shame for people driving on footpaths.
For God's sake leave the foot paths for pedestrians.
What the biker did is atrocious. However, I sincerely feel that talking on the mobile and walking is a real hazard. I simply don't agree with the idea's ad promotion of talk and walk rubbish. I never talk on the cell phone unless I'm seated in a safe place. No talking and driving/ riding/ cycling/ walking. Hope you follow safe practices too Sid. No offence here. We as T-BHPians should try to adhere to all rules as we are special.
Old 28th October 2009, 19:02   #20
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
I have to confess, last week i had to take my car back from servicing from "Suraksha Motors" on hosur road, and i was stuck in a jam and rode on the footpath near forum mall for like 8 secs and was stopped by a traffic cop and fined Rs 100/- on the spot.
This was the first time and will make sure that it is the last time.
Appreciate your resolve. Can you send the cops to pune for a week? City can do with a lot of clean-up. cars go on footpaths here some times. I intend to take photos of traffic violators this saturday in city of pune just driving all around. Is taking photos while driving an offence??? will ask my wife to take photos then.
Old 28th October 2009, 19:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
However, I sincerely feel that talking on the mobile and walking is a real hazard.
One of my ex-colleagues lost his phone when a biker with a pillion snatched his phone and ran away.
Anyway, people on foot have abandoned the footpaths where ever they are available and spilled on to the roads. And vice versa. There should be heavy fines levied on people walking on the roads as well when footpaths are available.
Old 28th October 2009, 19:19   #22
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
One of my ex-colleagues lost his phone when a biker with a pillion snatched his phone and ran away.
Anyway, people on foot have abandoned the footpaths where ever they are available and spilled on to the roads. And vice versa. There should be heavy fines levied on people walking on the roads as well when footpaths are available.
Agree pp. Pedestrians come on the road. they push cyclists deeper inside. auto guys are further pushed to middle of the road. trucks and buses are pushed to the other side. many instances, foot path becomes place for shops. but where foot paths are available, there is no reason for a pedestrian to walk on the road. especially with the law stating that vehicle drivers are at blame even for negligency from pedestrians. I say, catch a drifter or a jay walker, make him sweep the foot path for next 2 kms.
Old 28th October 2009, 19:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but where foot paths are available, there is no reason for a pedestrian to walk on the road.
Exactly!
Quote:
especially with the law stating that vehicle drivers are at blame even for negligency from pedestrians. I say, catch a drifter or a jay walker, make him sweep the foot path for next 2 kms
Thats the saddest part. But the punishment is a little harsh. There is practically no space left on the roads on both sides.
Old 28th October 2009, 19:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

Surprisingly the number of cars being parked on the road and the bikes being parked on the footpath next to the OMR big bazaar has drastically reduced. I guess all that challaning of the customer's vehicles finally made Big Bazaar make a parking for 2 wheelers too inside.
Old 29th October 2009, 09:33   #25
BHPian

Quote:
What the biker did is atrocious. However, I sincerely feel that talking on the mobile and walking is a real hazard. I simply don't agree with the idea's ad promotion of talk and walk rubbish. I never talk on the cell phone unless I'm seated in a safe place. No talking and driving/ riding/ cycling/ walking. Hope you follow safe practices too Sid. No offence here. We as T-BHPians should try to adhere to all rules as we are special.
I Agree. I usually don't do that but had to attend that call.
I completely agree with you that talking on phone outside is not at all safe.
Old 29th October 2009, 11:08   #26
BHPian

Alright this is what is called co-incidence.Today while coming from HSR to electronic city via hosur road saw a person driving on the footpath on hosur road and he just touched a person on the footpath.I bet it was a very superficial touch.
But the victim was smart enough to jump 2 feet and do few rollovers and then lie down flat as though he got knocked off.
The crowd ended up collecting a few thousand bucks from the motorcyclist
Then i saw the victim pocketing the cash and walking cooly as though his mission was complete.But I bet the motorist will be more careful now and take the highway instead of the footpath.
Old 29th October 2009, 12:19   #27
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
I bet it was a very superficial touch.
But the victim was smart enough to jump 2 feet and do few rollovers and then lie down flat as though he got knocked off.
What's he doing on a foot path? He should be in the italian soccer team
Old 29th October 2009, 12:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Today while coming from HSR to electronic city via hosur road saw a person driving on the footpath on hosur road and he just touched a person on the footpath.
As far as I know, there is no footpath on Hosur Road between silk board junction and electronics city.

Do you mean to say that the motor cyclist was driving on the concrete slabs kept on the drain which separates the main road from the service lane ?

I have seen several motor cyclists driving on those slabs and loosing balance.

Makes me wonder why people don't value their own lives !

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 29th October 2009, 13:59   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
As far as I know, there is no footpath on Hosur Road between silk board junction and electronics city.

Do you mean to say that the motor cyclist was driving on the concrete slabs kept on the drain which separates the main road from the service lane ?

I have seen several motor cyclists driving on those slabs and loosing balance.

Makes me wonder why people don't value their own lives !

Rohan,
Bangalore
Hi Rohan,

I mean the huge concrete slabs which kind of divide the service lane with the main road just opposite vishaal mega mart.
But it was fun watching.You should have seen the motorists face.He was amazed to see the victim doing the trapeeze act.
Old 4th November 2009, 03:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

I've done that too! And I say it proudly, since the biker who was trying to avoid standing at a signal ended up paying a Rs 200 fine to the constable drinking chai at a tea stall. This happened pretty close to KH Road, many moons ago. There was some work being done on the approach road just before St.Joseph's college, and this joker decides to take the footpath. A classmate & myself were going back to the college, and the biker's helment (which ought to have been covering his head, and not the rear view mirror) hit my elbow as I tried to jump out of the way. Since I got hit on my funny bone, I shouted out involuntarily! My friend does the honors of spotting the constable,stopping the biker and getting the joker to pay a fine. Of course, we didn't get a cut of the fine but the constable sure was a happy camper who walked away with the money.
If anyone goes through a similar thing, please be sure to fleece the biker! The only way to teach such people a good lesson!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks