Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 03:29   #1
BHPian

What I got for being a Team-BHPian! (Stories of BHPians helping others on the road)

Hi all,

Well I have been wanting to write this down from some time now but for some or the other reason I couldn’t .
Well the heading tell you a lot about what you’ll find in this thread, what I got for being a tbhpian.

So this was a couple of months ago, my baleno (golden pb reg) had developed a battery problem
Every time its off it would take a long time for it to crank and then finally the battery completely died
Either pushing or jumpstarting would bring it back to life.

Though I was aware of the problem I couldn’t get time to get the battery changed and kept using it like that
Just made sure I didn turn in off while I m on road specially during signals.

1 day while was asleep my brother asked and took the car out and since I was asleep I forgot to tell him about the problem.

So the story starts he goes out for some reason n it started when for the very 1st time of the day
And he goes out with a friend and iam don’t remember at some signal near at the ring road
He turned off the car since it was a min+ signal and then when he tried to bring it to life guess what just like usual it was life less and he was standing right at front of it.
Since he was alone with a lady sitting by his side it was impossible for him to push the car all alone.
He tried asking for some help but to nogo.

Then a cop helped him just push it to the side, he kept on trying to crank the engine but it was completely dead the only way was to push start or to jump start and on the middle of the road with out any help,

And then a baleno pulled over and stopped just behind him.
The guy came up to him and asked him are you a bhpian..(well I had a team bhp sticker on the car)
My brother had no idea of what team-bhp is or who a bhpians are….
So he said no but he did tell him that the car belongs to me who may possibly be a bhpian.
Then the guy asked him to come with him.
Took him to a battery store got a guy from there who jump started the car.

He said he was also a t-bhp member,since my brother did not know anything about t-bhp he didn’t ask him his handle.
He just asked him his name and I am not sure if that’s also correct
(harish) who has silver/golden baleno.

Well I know a couple of us and only 2 bhpians I know have balenos and they binoy and amit.
So dude I don’t know you but I really wanna thank you Cause you helped my brother I didn’t had to get yelled by him.

You proved it that team-bhp is not only about discussions on this forum but being a member does work in the outside world as well.

Ps: pls forgive me for any typos
alias is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2009, 05:42   #2
BHPian

Heart warming incident indeed. Time for the mysterious BHP-ian benefactor in a Baleno to take a bow. Good stuff!

Cheers,
Old 31st August 2009, 07:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

good show of Camaraderie in the community. May the spirit live and grow!
Old 31st August 2009, 11:01   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Ah! I have had some similar instances. Had some issues with a friends Cedia running out of fuel as the fuel indicator stopped working. Stranded after Hebbal flyover with more than 1.5kms to the next pump. I see a silver baleno whizz past me, then suddenly it indicates left and pulls over. In my mind I am wondering why would anyone pull over like that at such odd hours (past midnight). Then it struck me, must be one of my TBHP friends. I start wondering who could it be? Can't be Riju coz he sold his car. I get out of the car, start walking towards the baleno only to realize it was none other than binz. Whew! Saved me the trouble of having to walk all the way to get fuel. Thanks a ton binzy boy . You always find these people in the most unexpected of places and time. And it surely does put a smile on your face to know an online community has given you some amazing friends.
Old 31st August 2009, 11:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

A big +1 to that

Was hit by a KSRTC super fast on the highway and my phone was dead, and had no idea what to do when a silver verna - Pras - he had been going the same way - pulled over a few minutes after wards and took care of the whole thing - the cops , towing, everything. If it hadn't been for him, I'd have been a lot worse off that day.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:18   #6
BHPian

Time to get Tbhp stickers, isnt it
Old 31st August 2009, 12:24   #7
BHPian

time for me to order my t-bhp stickers
Old 31st August 2009, 12:30   #8
BHPian

Just for the record, my name is also amith, and i also own a silver/golden baleno in bangalore, ....my tbhp stickers are inside the car, but maybe its time i get one on the outside.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:31   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
Hi all,

Well I have been wanting to write this down from some time now but for some or the other reason I couldn’t .
Well the heading tell you a lot about what you’ll find in this thread, what I got for being a tbhpian.

You proved it that team-bhp is not only about discussions on this forum but being a member does work in the outside world as well.

Ps: pls forgive me for any typos
that says a lot about our BHP community, recently when i was in Coorg , a lot of Jeeps and Cars waved/ honked to me as if i was their school mate, on seeing the Team Bhp stickers on my Goa reg Bolero. makes me proud to be a BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st August 2009 at 14:44. Reason: Also, please avoid quoting entire large posts - as they make browsing difficult for our smallscreen/mobile viewers.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

Wah re wah, whattta gesture. Dude whoever you are kudo's to you pal.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 31st August 2009 at 12:47.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

Way to go. Who might this good samaritan be ? Will the real slim shady please stand up ?

@whitemm550, go easy on those smileys. I know you are excited, but still.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2009, 12:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
A big +1 to that

Was hit by a KSRTC super fast on the highway and my phone was dead, and had no idea what to do when a silver verna - Pras - he had been going the same way - pulled over a few minutes after wards and took care of the whole thing - the cops , towing, everything. If it hadn't been for him, I'd have been a lot worse off that day.
I passed by seconds later and missed both the cars. :(
Old 31st August 2009, 12:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

Wow thats really nice, Kudos to you Harsh!

guess need to stick the bigger sticker on my car "Live to Drive"

@riju, finally you went for a big guy, havent come across your thread " intial ownership report"
Old 31st August 2009, 13:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Truly heart-warming experience.
to all BHPians.
Old 31st August 2009, 13:06   #15
Senior - BHPian

OT :

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
@riju, finally you went for a big guy, havent come across your thread " intial ownership report"
Here you go my friend : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...its-mhawk.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks