Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2009, 12:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Where to park in Bangalore?

Mods: Am not sure if such kind of thread already exists, if so kindly merge/close this thread.

Ok people, i have seen, heard and have experienced it myself that whenever one wants to take his car (especially) the problem of parking arises and many times just because i was not sure about the parking i hasitate to take my car...

Now this thread is dedicated to share the information regarding parking areas, so kindly share any info related to parking...

My Contribution, Marathalli is one place where one wants to go for shopping but not in their own vehicles....Issue is with the parking.

WHat i do is take left on the signal, the service road which connects to the ORR and park it on the service road, but on weekends this place gets cramped and one has to go little further but i think thats manageable .

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th September 2009 at 13:02.
Old 10th September 2009, 12:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Here is my contribution - If you don't mind walking a little bit and are also a customer of SBI, you can park your car inside the SBI Complex at St. Mark's road and walk down Museum Road to M.G Road or walk down past St. Joseph's school to reach Brigade or Residency road.
Old 10th September 2009, 13:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Want to go to Airtel outlet on Indirangar double road, so where would you park?

Well after New Horizon school take a left at "reebok" showrrom and a immediate right this road you might get a space to park. but again evenings and weekends it would be difficult.
Old 10th September 2009, 13:51   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Want to go to Airtel outlet on Indirangar double road, so where would you park?

Well after New Horizon school take a left at "reebok" showrrom and a immediate right this road you might get a space to park. but again evenings and weekends it would be difficult.
Also, there are quite a few pockets of parking space on the left hand side of the road after the pedestrian foot over bridge, where in you can always tuck in your ride. I always do that.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:01   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
My Contribution, Marathalli is one place where one wants to go for shopping but not in their own vehicles....Issue is with the parking.

WHat i do is take left on the signal, the service road which connects to the ORR and park it on the service road, but on weekends this place gets cramped and one has to go little further but i think thats manageable .
While this is a good idea at times, you cannot exactly rely on this service road for parking. I have seen multiple occassions when cops are seen writing traffic offences to those who have parked their vehicles here. While you may have been lucky all these times, one cannot really be too sure. Bikes are a very likely candidate to be towed. On the rare occassion i have also seen a car being towed. Needless to say, the treatment to the vehicles makes you cringe.

* An option i would suggest in this area is the paid parking provided by Innovative multiplex. You would be slightly more assured that your car would be relatively more safer.
* Another option would be the parking provided beside the Yo! China outlet. Rate : Rs.20/- per hour, i suppose.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Benny good info, though had used innovative parking couple of times had forgotten about it. guess this will be a good option.

Btw i havent spotted a "no parking" board on lane, i mean one towards KR puram. yea the road towards innovative has the board and also not the right place to park looking at the size of the road.

Last edited by lohithrao : 10th September 2009 at 14:13.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

You mean you can part a car there? never noticed it had so much space?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Also, there are quite a few pockets of parking space on the left hand side of the road after the pedestrian foot over bridge, where in you can always tuck in your ride. I always do that.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

Good thread ! Bangalore is changing everyday, so If I post whatever parking spaces I see today, may not be available after a week. Thats the reality. New BEL road is a 6 km stretch from outer ring road to sadashivanagar police station. There is 'No Parking' boards on both sides throughout and regular towing is seen all over. In case you miss your bike, go to the main entrance of M S Ramaiah hospital. Cops use that space to dump all the collections.

Now coming to the parking areas: Inner roads are the best bet. There are plenty of inner roads on both sides, but make sure the 'No Parking' board is not applicable. Parking next to a bike or car will land you in more trouble, as majority of people do that. There is a regular patrol, handing over receipts, or pasting it on your windscreen.

I was shocked to see a car being prepared to be towed, even when there was a passenger sitting at the back. He was asked to step down and they connected the chains etc. when the owner/driver ran and came to the spot. Things were settled on the spot.

There are dedicated parking plots available for Polo/Killer showrooms (Opp Mayuri restaurant), 2 plots for Nandini Hotel, a plot Opp KFC, backside parallel road of KFC, Parallel road behind MacDonalds, Inner road opposite Megamart etc. All the above are free parking. Now if you are close to Ramaiah Hospital, there is a paid parking available in the main compound (opp Maverick Gym).

Last edited by shajufx : 10th September 2009 at 14:42.
Old 10th September 2009, 15:15   #9
BANNED

For me these are the parking options:-
1) SP Road- park inside one govt office premices its just before the paid parking lot of SP road on the right hand side if you are coming from JC Road.
2) JC Road:- Multi level parking.
3) Domlur:- If anything is required at EGL(for others as i work in EGL so no issue).
4) Commercial Stree:-The reguler parking space available there but dont expect anything after 12:00PM move ahead and take first right turn keep on moving with traffice after 3-400 meters you can see one ground with boundry wall, go there and park.
5) MG Road:-Sundays its free parking on the road which goes towards lifestyle.
6) Koramangala:-Behind Raheja complex.
7) Marthahalli:- Go straight towards KR Puram after the main junction and park on the road.
8) National Market:-Jail Road parking.
Old 10th September 2009, 15:36   #10
Team-BHP Support

If you need a spot to park near cunningham road, you can park on Edward road.

All you have to do is come on cunningham road, take a right after Sigma mall, go down the road and take a right at the Karnataka billiards association/ Badminton stadium. Follow that road till you hit Queens road and take a right there towards Indian express circle.

On the right when you see Gold Star Hotel, take a right in the next lane. This is a dead end road and you can park there easily. If you park towards the end of the road, you will see the rear entrance of a commercial building. This is the entrance to Pizza Hut and Sweet Chariot. Just walk in and take the lift to second floor. This will lead you out into Cunningham road.

The ground floor of the building is Edward road and the second floor is Cunningham Road.
Old 10th September 2009, 16:01   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
4) Commercial Stree:-The reguler parking space available there but dont expect anything after 12:00PM move ahead and take first right turn keep on moving with traffice after 3-400 meters you can see one ground with boundry wall, go there and park.
Ajay, Coming from which direction ?
Old 10th September 2009, 16:08   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
If you need a spot to park near cunningham road, you can park on Edward road.

Revenge on your soon to be past landlord?
Old 10th September 2009, 16:42   #13
BHPian

Hey Ajay, the one for SP road, can u be a little bit more specific??
Old 10th September 2009, 16:53   #14
BANNED

From MG road to commercial street.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Ajay, Coming from which direction ?
This is when you are coming from Jayanagar and crossing the main JC road its just before the town hall on the right hand side, dont go till the signal its about 50-75 meters before the signal.
Quote:
Hey Ajay, the one for SP road, can u be a little bit more specific??
Old 10th September 2009, 17:49   #15
BHPian

Unity Building is another good place to park to go to SP road. Charges Rs 5 per hour (maybe 10)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks