Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 16:36   #46
Senior - BHPian

Glad to know that this ordeal has ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post

@ph03n!x - I dint know that. Do you live nearby?

I didnt mention the area because the internet is open-to-all-including-people-like-the-4-smart-guys. I stay in Kottivakkam which is just after Thiruvanmiyur on the ECR.
Maybe phoenix is the man. He wanted to go for the close ratio GB.
Old 27th October 2009, 17:30   #47
BHPian

i feel it is a owners car from the locality only for 1 reason,
the side rear view mirror is folded,this work can only be done by the owner
i may be wrong,also did you notice the rear bumper has a crack like someone has crashed in it from the back.
Old 27th October 2009, 17:38   #48
BHPian

Highly unlikely that it is from the locality Nandish. The car had a spoiler and it was removed just before it was parked outside my house. There are holes where the spoiler once was screwed to the boot.

It had a lot of dents and scratches too.
Old 27th October 2009, 21:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

I was reading this thread from the very begining and good to know the problem has been attended to, albeit too late.

I too went through a similar experience in front of my office in Delhi a few weeks back. For 4 days I noticed a UP 70 regn MUL brand car was parked and dust was gathering. Most of the times residents of the colony across the road park their vehicles for want of space, but it is only for few hours or overnight at the most.

I asked my guard whose car was that and he went to find out from the colony's guard about the same. He came back with a negative information. I immediately dialled 100 and reported the matter to PCR. Within a few minutes a PCR Qualis came and then after inspecting the car radioed the local PS. In half an hour, a towing vehicle and two Police personnel came and towed the vehicle away. Till date no one has come enquiring about the towed vehicle.
Old 27th October 2009, 22:32   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Maybe phoenix is the man. He wanted to go for the close ratio GB.
Not really- I wouldn't need that for my rocket
Old 28th October 2009, 19:39   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post

I didnt mention the area because the internet is open-to-all-including-people-like-the-4-smart-guys.
Good to know your ordeal is over Proxima. I guess, everyone who has such issues should post them on this thread. Maybe the smart guys will come over to check
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:15   #52
Senior - BHPian

Abandoned car - how do we get it removed?

Mods: Please move this thread to the appropriate section if this is not the right place.

The problem: An old abandoned Daewoo Matiz in front of my mother's house in Jayanagar, Bangalore. This car has been sitting there and gathering dust from the past 3 months. It is a Mumbai registered car. It is parked by the side of the road, and not necessarily causing any obstruction. However, it is now an eyesore.

I know that Section 127 of the Motor Vehicles act authorises a police officer to remove abandoned vehicles.

My question here is - how does it work in reality? Who do I ask, and how should I go about having that car removed?

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:24   #53
BHPian

If your only goal is to get rid of that vehicle, don't waste time in filing a complain to the police and having them remove it.. Believe it or not, they may start harassing you by asking you to come to the police station, court etc as a witness.. And you may have to bribe the cops to leave you alone!!

The best thing to do is - give a tip off to one of the "Gujuri" guys in Shivajinagar anonymously. The car will vanish in thin air in no time
Pri2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:28   #54
Senior - BHPian

Re: Abandoned car - how do we get it removed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
The best thing to do is - give a tip off to one of the "Gujuri" guys in Shivajinagar anonymously. The car will vanish in thin air in no time
I'm not sure that is easy for most normal people.

I think your best bet is to call 100 and tell them there is a car (don't tell them for 3 months - say for a few days) standing in the same place and you suspect it may have a bomb or something.

Anti-terrorism guys should take care of the rest. At worst the car will spend the rest of its days in a police lot.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:34   #55
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post

I think your best bet is to call 100 and tell them there is a car (don't tell them for 3 months - say for a few days) standing in the same place and you suspect it may have a bomb or something.

Anti-terrorism guys should take care of the rest. At worst the car will spend the rest of its days in a police lot.
Now that would only get you into more trouble. Other neighbours will confirm that it has been there for a few months.
There could be a good chance that the car is stolen and then abandoned.

My Advice: Get the neighbours together. Then, file a police complaint that the car has been there for sometime. Strength in numbers will mean lesser or no harassment.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

Whats the harm in reporting a "suspicious" vehicle outside your home for quite some time ? Just tell the cops you find it quite discomforting to have this suspicious vehicle around, and since you want to avoid risk, you are just letting them know.
If they come around to have a look as a result, there is a good chance that they will remove it.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:43   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina

BTW, did you know hoax calls to 100 is a punishable offense? Why would anyone want to get into trouble for a old abandoned car..? Either go to the cops with the real story and deal with whatever happens next or call the "Gujuri guys" or leave the car alone.
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:08   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, did you know hoax calls to 100 is a punishable offense? Why would anyone want to get into trouble for a old abandoned car..? Either go to the cops with the real story and deal with whatever happens next or call the "Gujuri guys" or leave the car alone.

I know that - who asked for a hoax call? there is a car and all he has to say is that he feels it is suspicious.

Police goes to neighbours and finds the car has been around for 3 months - well I didn't notice it till three days ago - prosecute me.

All he has to do is call 911 and report an abandoned car and mention the word "I'm afraid this may be bomb or something, my kids play in the area" that's all.

They record all calls by the way.
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:17   #59
BHPian

Quote:
If your only goal is to get rid of that vehicle, don't waste time in filing a complain to the police and having them remove it.. Believe it or not, they may start harassing you by asking you to come to the police station, court etc as a witness.. And you may have to bribe the cops to leave you alone!!

A piece of honest advice that.

@Kiloalpha
Going by the legal way, you become the complainant & if ever the owner comes back, he will be looking for you. If he can prove he lived in the vicinity, there is more trouble for you. You should first consult the neighbors, RWA etc. to be doubly sure that it is indeed abandoned as 3 months is not a long period of time to classify it as abandoned. Then, the Gujuri guys are your best bet.

We had a disintegrating Padmini & a Contessa in our block for about 5 odd years. Numerous complaints to MCD, Police yielded no results. A call to 'Junk Market' remedied the problem in a week. The Padmini was from another state while Contessa was Delhi regd.
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:26   #60
BHPian

I guess the right thing to do is to call the cops and tell them there's a vehicle lying at the same spot for n number of months. I believe that they do show interest in such cases as it might be a stolen car or used for some mischief.

EDIT: Something pretty similar was the case around my house a few months back. A Ford Ikon, in a pathetic state, was just occupying ever precious parking space for a couple of months. I called up 100 and in 20 minutes I got a call from the cops that a Gypsy has reached the car and I should get there. The cops questioned me for 5-10 minutes, generally asking how long it has been, did it used to be parked before, blah blah. They left after sometime, telling me that they'll send a tow truck to get the car removed, but the truck never came. And neither did I get to hear from the cops again. Finally the car was gone a couple of weeks back.

Last edited by lordofgondor : 22nd July 2011 at 12:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks