Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:24   #1
BHPian

Guys Serious problem - Urgent suggestion on Accident Case

Hello All, last year during new year eve I was driving back from Aurangabad to Mumbai. Somewhere on the Nagar highway between Aurganbad and Nagar, met with a small accident. A bike came in from from nowhere and applied sudden breaks, however the couple on the bike fell down and the lady suffered minor injuries. I was with my wife and two kids. I stopped my car and came out to see what actually had happened. Lot of people gathered and started giving thier opinions. In the meanwhile I offered the lady to be taken to the near by hospital which they agree and I did so. Took her to the hospital, gave her Rs 3000/- and then left from there. There was nothing serious from the look of the things that happned.

Now today I get a summon from Police station saying that FIR is lodged there and they have my name address and car number. One police man froom there came along with Local Mulund Police station guy and asked for the driver and the car. I was not at home. I spoke to them on the phone and they said they want to take the driver and the car. I dont know what to do. I have some contacts with whom I am trying to sort out this mess. But what now??? Any help or suggestions...
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Clearly some experienced brain is behind this.
Talk to a lawyer and take an anticipatory bail if he suggests.
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ADMIT THAT YOU HIT THE BIKE. ALWAYS SAY THAT THE BIKE HIT YOU.
The opposite side will try to make you say that you hit the bike, in which case you shall be in a big mess (if law follows its own course).
I have prior accident experience (my roommate had the actual incident), and this is from our own experience.
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest consulting a lawyer immediately on this. Was the court summon for 1st hearing or thereafter? Your lawyer can always plead that you never received any intimation of the FIR.

I'm not sure if you have too many options
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Do you have insurance?

Looks like the regular scam to claim insurance.
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:38   #5
BANNED

this is why sometimes i prefer to run away from the scene unless it aint serious.

the best thing will be to settle the issue with them directly and ask them to take the FIR back, instead of going to the court.

going to the court will be a lots of hassel and you never know when the case will close.

" I HATE THINS KIND OF PEOPLE, WHO GOTO THE POLICE STATION INSTEAD OF HELPING THEM" you should have left them.
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Only insurance?? If the people on the other end are serious scammers they might even apply IPC 304 (culpable homicide) on aryashiv1. Thats why I suggested the bail.

Last edited by blackasta : 3rd November 2009 at 16:41.
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:39   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryashiv1 View Post
Hello All, last year during new year eve I was driving back from Aurangabad to Mumbai. Somewhere on the Nagar highway between Aurganbad and Nagar, met with a small accident. A bike came in from from nowhere and applied sudden breaks, however the couple on the bike fell down and the lady suffered minor injuries. I was with my wife and two kids. I stopped my car and came out to see what actually had happened. Lot of people gathered and started giving thier opinions. In the meanwhile I offered the lady to be taken to the near by hospital which they agree and I did so. Took her to the hospital, gave her Rs 3000/- and then left from there. There was nothing serious from the look of the things that happned.

Now today I get a summon from Police station saying that FIR is lodged there and they have my name address and car number. One police man froom there came along with Local Mulund Police station guy and asked for the driver and the car. I was not at home. I spoke to them on the phone and they said they want to take the driver and the car. I dont know what to do. I have some contacts with whom I am trying to sort out this mess. But what now??? Any help or suggestions...
Yes. Contact a good lawyer. Don't know what kind of contact you're referring to, why resort to such means when you are not at fault? In fact you took the lady to a hospital like a good citizen and even paid for her medical expenses. Was she injured severely?

Get a legal opinion from a good lawyer and then proceed.
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:45   #8
BHPian

Getting a lawyer is the best thing u can do first. Then i guess the best would be to go the concerned police post and get to know what the real situation is. I really feel ashamed and sorry to say this but 'GREASE'.
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:51   #9
BHPian

get a lawyer

contact a lawyer immediately and do not negotiate directly with the party, this is the regular scam to claim money from you and insurance company, probably a good lawyer is at the other end, you need to have your defence done by a good lawyer.

sijil
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:05   #10
BHPian

Thanks Guys. The police came to my home with an FIR to arrest the driver and take the car away. I am no way going to Nagar (my kids are so afraid already). I am taking help of my people who know these police men very well. They are saying just do the formality of getting arrested and release on bail same time. This way then case can come to court and further on. I am so distrubed guy..cant even type properly. I am those simple kinds of guy who is a so much a family man. Anways fingers crossed. In the meanwhile will speak to some lawyers if required, I have few in my office only (I work for a construction company so all kinds of people are present in office).
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:48   #11
BHPian

Dont be tensed. Its not like u are criminal. But these ppl make sure that they treat like one. Dont get overawed by the situation.U can walk past this situation. Nothing big would happen.

If u are a believer, then pray.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Please type 'you' instead of 'u', 'people' instead of 'ppl'

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd November 2009 at 18:51. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 3rd November 2009, 18:08   #12
BHPian

Thanks all you guys. Its great to be here on this forum. I am just tensed because these people came home when I was in office and you know what my little one 5 year old son said (his pic is there) to his mom "Mamma police wale papa ko le jayegne aur marenge". So innocent kids are.....

Anyways things are better now. My person (ex ACP with Mumbai police) had met the PSI at Mulund police station. He has taken time till Monday to get me to Nagar. The police team which came from Nagar has gone back. Tomorrrow I will be going to Mulund police station and find a solution this issue. Will be accompanied by a few ex Police walas whom I know. Lets hope for the best.
Old 3rd November 2009, 18:20   #13
BANNED

All the best.

Best option will be to seek lawyer assistance simultaneously.
Old 3rd November 2009, 18:26   #14
BHPian

Do not worry aryashiv. You have not comitted any crime & you are not a criminal. so many accidents take place in a day and these are common in daily life.
If u have a valid Driving license & valid Insurance policy, ur saved.
Obtain the copy of FIR from the concerened police station, mostly they might have filed a hit & run case.
Be Brave, consult a good & known lawyer and move wisely.
Insurance people will take care of liabilties & damages.
Old 3rd November 2009, 18:39   #15
BHPian

Thank you Idea1979 & sree70. I have all the valid papers so not a problem. Will look for legal options after looking at the outcome of tomorrows meeting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks