Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 21:52   #16
BHPian

How can a university support this act? I agree almost everybody here break speed limit rules, but setting a legal record and that too a national channel supporting is not digestive.
Old 15th December 2009, 12:15   #17
BHPian

What is the speed limit on the GQ?
Old 15th December 2009, 14:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho View Post
What is the speed limit on the GQ?
GQ is not one road, it is interlinked highways. While the normal highways have the conventional speed limit of 60 kmph, the Pune-Bombay expressway has 80 kmph and Baroda-Ahmedabad has 100 kmph. No idea about the Durgapur and Kon expressways.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:30   #19
BHPian

Wrong choice of car, anyone ?
Nothing against the CRV - awesome vehicle at that.
But wouldnt it be a tad heavy to move around. All thru the GQ is good roads so a soft roader is not required per say.

IMO a lighter, faster sedan could have been a better choice. Civic or Accord if from the Honda stable.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:45   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The students, with 20,000 hours of driving experience, told reporters before their journey that they had taken all precautions for safe driving and had sought assistance of police and National Highways Authority of India for the venture.
So says the NDTV news article. Collective or individual? For an individual, that translates to about 11 years of driving regularly @ 5 hours each day. No Sunday breaks. Who's kidding whom?

Here was gd1418 slapping his son for every mistake he made during a tame drive to Jodhpur, and here are a few college kids setting a record that even a seasoned driver like HVK thinks is cutting it too fine.

@GD: I hope these fellows didn't cross your path during the drive - God knows how many slaps they'd have received from you...
Old 15th December 2009, 14:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
IMO a lighter, faster sedan could have been a better choice. Civic or Accord if from the Honda stable.
Just remembered the long discussion we have on this forum...
Anyways, which date(s) are they doing this?
Old 15th December 2009, 16:19   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
GQ is not one road, it is interlinked highways. While the normal highways have the conventional speed limit of 60 kmph, the Pune-Bombay expressway has 80 kmph and Baroda-Ahmedabad has 100 kmph. No idea about the Durgapur and Kon expressways.
The divided carriageway of GQ like NH4, NH79 etc all have a speed limit of 80 as I have seen the board at a few places. But it goes even to 40 at places where there are intersections. There are no boards except at places where it should be 60-40 etc. I don't think any one respects those. But breaking law is one thing. Saying that explicitly and then breaking is another.

Nainar
Old 15th December 2009, 17:25   #23
BHPian

this feat itself is too fine to cut, very difficult. its just looking more a publicity stunt.
Old 16th December 2009, 08:08   #24
BHPian

can someone point those guys and the chancellor of the university towards this thread ?

I hope they call off this stupid exercise.
Old 16th December 2009, 14:05   #25
BHPian

In a highly fuel consuming car to warn against Global warming and Pollution ? That too after boldly announcing that they'd be breaking the law all over India ? I feel they are still immature and this is all a publicity stunt.

I'd have appreciated them if they were to venture out in an electric car. Let them take 150hrs, but they'd still have earned respect from a few people. This is absolutely pointless.

Like amoghchaphalkar said, can someone point them to this thread ? Not that these kind of people would really care, but who knows...

amoghchaphalkar sir, i had a tough time typing ur name.

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 16th December 2009 at 14:10.
Old 16th December 2009, 15:03   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
This is so howlarious its not funny:

Sensitizing about global warming through a high speed carbon burning dash in a low mileage SUV? They barely have time to pose for pics! guahahahaha. That's just so much of what comes outta a bull's rearside!! Why can't people be honest about their ambition for the record books anymore?!
Man I was feeling so sleepy before this post. Wahahhahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
apparently breaking the speed limit is a sport now

To sensitise people about global warming they should ride cycles not drive an air conditioned CRV!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
These guys will have to break a LOT of speed limits if they have any chance of making their target. And they advertise that fact?

I do not know which is sadder
- that the college is supporting them in this
- that the police will let them do this knowing fully well they will be breaking atleast 1 traffic rule (overspeeding)
I hope they get stopped at the first naka/toll for overspeeding. What are the parents doing ? There are dangerous stretches on NH4 and in Gujrat where people on the forum have had bad accidents. This is plain dangerous. Limca books? I hope they do not get entered in some other books.
They can achieve terrorism awareness by being a threat to other peaceful road users and let them know how it feels to be so close to death.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 16th December 2009 at 15:05.
Old 16th December 2009, 15:17   #27
BHPian

Err. Since it is a gas guzzling beast, don't you have to stop for frequent gas fills?

All the points above are so goddamn right, feel like dragging the parents and chancellor and landing them some chappals to let the kids do this. Its one thing if Autocar magazine gets some professional speed racers and do a GQ trip, but raw college kids doing this looks mundane.

Plan to stay clear of the path for my own safety and pray that there are no causalities along the trip. Why should some poor villager die because some morons wants to fly at 150 kmph on GQ where there are many intersection points? Why? Why?
Old 28th December 2009, 22:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

*bump*

any updates on this attempt ?
Old 28th December 2009, 22:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
*bump*
any updates on this attempt ?
Well no updates in this thread.... Need to check Accidents In India thread too to make sure there is no update.

Last edited by clevermax : 28th December 2009 at 22:10.
Old 28th December 2009, 22:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

Looks like they took over 85 hours.

Campus frames | Deccan Chronicle
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks