Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2010, 21:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

A very sad news indeed. May god give their families & friends strength to overcome this terrible loss.

From your explanation, this looks like an accident due to driver sleeping off than rash driving/over speeding so let me add one more point, which you have not stated at the end
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Please, please never over speed on the highway even for a momentary adernaline rush and end up as tied baggage at your home.
and please do not drive while you are sleepy or sleep deprived even though you think that you can do it with a couple of Redbull shots.

Last edited by clevermax : 9th January 2010 at 21:50.
Old 9th January 2010, 21:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for you loss zaks.

Cops are supposed to ease the process for the grieving. Indeed India is still a 3rd world country when it comes to certain matters.

What is sickening is that there is technology out there for trucks to lessen the impact for head on collisions but nobody is interested in it.
Old 9th January 2010, 22:27   #18
BHPian

Its so unfortunate! - more so compounded by the fact that police have to be bribed even for claiming body of near and dear ones - may your friends RIP and the ones bribed rot in hell...for ever.
Old 9th January 2010, 23:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

zaks, be brave my friend. Such a loss to hard to digest, but you must cope as best as you can. My sincere condolences.

I just read the news article about the accident and realised that only half the story is ever told in the papers or other media. The way the police acted makes me sick.
Old 9th January 2010, 23:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Good on you for not taking the easy way out and blaming the truck driver. May their families and friends get enough support to live happily without them.
Old 10th January 2010, 11:27   #21
BHPian

Please accept my hearfelt grief for those young lives .
"Fatigue'' is the major killer among road accidents all
over the world, its worse than drink n drive.

There has been some articles in this forum , glorifying
about non stop driving and driving against the clock ,
which I think deadly and forum should discourage such post
and advise member to take enough rest during driving.

In the Industry I am working in , it is now legally compulsory to
take rest between your work periods to save distarous consequesnces
due to fatigue.

Last edited by Captdey : 10th January 2010 at 11:30.
Old 10th January 2010, 12:49   #22
Team-BHP Support

This is a terrible news. My sincere condolences to the families of the departed. May they get the strength to recover from this shocking incident.
Old 10th January 2010, 13:00   #23
BHPian

Sorry to hear this news, please accept my heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family. May his soul rest in peace.
Old 10th January 2010, 13:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

My full condelences to the family.
Old 10th January 2010, 14:23   #25
BHPian

It is indeed a terrible tragedy to lose the near and dear ones as well as close friends in a gruesome accident. Time alone can bring solace to one and all affected by such tragedies.

Instead of saying accidents do happen, all those who drive have to keep in mind that atleast some of the accidents can be prevented by adopting good driving practices.

All BHPians should resolve that they will not drive beyond 2130 hrs. anyday. It would always be better to halt, take a night rest, have a good sleep and continue next day morning with a fresh and alert mind. You can lose time but not life.

May us not see another thread like this.
Old 16th January 2010, 19:24   #26
BHPian

May their souls R.I.P. Those cops' who were to be bribed to do their jobs will rot in hell forever. Except for a few good souls, I hate the Indian police.
Old 16th January 2010, 21:23   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

This really is very sad. My thoughts are with you and the other friends, relatives and family members of the guys who died.
Old 16th January 2010, 21:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

I'm really sorry to hear this news, my heartfelt condolences to the near and dear ones.
Old 16th January 2010, 22:01   #29

I can understand the anguish and the loss . My hearfelt condolences . There are some good things brought out in the open like stealing of cash and the N95 . This is sad but true in India . In most accidents ( be it a train collision or a fire ) it is true that dead people are robbed . In fact such large number of people gather around accidents mainly with the motivation to rob the dead . I have heard horrifying stories of police and local people sntaching wrist watches and wallet of people who are dead in train collisions . In fact a organized snatching of dead people's belongings goes on - guided by the local heads ( from police and political parties ) in any place an accident occurs in India . They are at their best in places where mass disasters strike ( 1st in the list are train collisions where there is lot of things to steal including valuables as well as luggage ) . I can't believe that people can stoop to such levels . But sadly people do . And sadder is the fact that they thrive from such horrendous acts while innocent people die . I strongly believe there is no leveller in this world . The most criminal are the most succesful ( our netas ) and the most simple and honest person probably has the worst death .
Old 16th January 2010, 22:08   #30
vsh
BHPian

very very sad.
my deepest condolences to the family.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks