Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 19:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
What road was this ? Rajarhat on the way to Sector V (DPS turn) ?

Glad you are alive. Turns at those speeds is plain suicide, be it wet or dry roads.
To be precise it was a curve which could easily take the speed. It was the wet road that did the trick.
Old 15th January 2010, 19:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

7 Somersaults and still the right rear door is scratchless , the rear window glass is intact? Huh!

And this doesnt seem like a crash at 187 kmph or whatever.

Something tells me that you just photographed a crashed Civic at the Honda workshop and you made up this story.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2010, 19:45   #18
BHPian

Well, its good that you did learn your lesson albeit the hard way!

What were you & your friend thinking doing those speeds on a wet road anyway? Its a recipe for disaster!

Did the car somersault? Cannot see any roof damage from these pics.
Old 15th January 2010, 19:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalraj View Post
yes its kind of mild when you say 7 rolls man.

roof intact and surprisingly the air bags havent popped out after a hit to the divider and 7 rolls !! i wonder how.

Yes we wondered how the roof was intact. But when we got out of the car we saw that the car was resting on the other side of a pretty high pavement. The question is how come it reached the other side of that pavement without rolling. I know it is pretty hard to explain but that is how it was.

Friends drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Well, its good that you did learn your lesson albeit the hard way!

What were you & your friend thinking doing those speeds on a wet road anyway? Its a recipe for disaster!

Yes I have learnt it the harder way but my dear friends i would like to say one thing. My friend is a very good and experienced driver(I have never seen him driving roughly) and it is us humans who make mistakes..isn't it? If Michael Schumacher can crash his car then what are we(we are nothing in front of him. Right?).I know that this kind of speed is unacceptable but many a times I read posts saying "I drove at 150..180" and at that time many of us reply with NO discontent. We only wake up when this kind of accidents occur. These speeds are dangerous.
But this accident does not prove any one's capabilities of driving.
It is also bad luck sometimes.
No hard feelings
Drive safe

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th January 2010 at 23:05. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 15th January 2010, 20:06   #20
BHPian

Glad to know nothing happened. I have been in the same boat earlier :(

My earlier post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ccident-2.html

You are right about it being a lesson you will never forget! 7 years since my experience and I still haven't forgotten it.
Old 15th January 2010, 20:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Count yourself lucky you're living to tell the tale and remember there always isn't a next time.

Appreciate you writing about it and hopefully the message will spread.

Last edited by anekho : 15th January 2010 at 20:29.
Old 15th January 2010, 20:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Glad to know nothing happened. I have been in the same boat earlier :(

My earlier post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ccident-2.html

You are right about it being a lesson you will never forget! 7 years since my experience and I still haven't forgotten it.
Hey Vasanth..same pinch..lolz..
Read your thread. Glad that the people in the front were wearing seatbelts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Count yourself lucky you're living to tell the tell and remember there always isn't a next time.

Appreciate you writing about it and hopefully the message will spread.

Thanks for appreciating it.
Old 15th January 2010, 20:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

I hope you and your brother learnt the lesson,

190Km/hr is way too high for indian roads,(empty road or not) man had you hit an oncoming vechile, or even a motorist the outcome would have been disastrous.

Lot of guys have this adreline rush - its good to have them now and then but not so much of a rush that its stops sending signal to your brain and you end up looking like a mad goose

If you want to try out performance of a car - head to tracks, pay your fees, wear your protective gear and rip it.

Value for life is much more than Tin and Aluminium
Old 15th January 2010, 21:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

drive safe. hope you and your friend learnt your lesson.
Old 15th January 2010, 21:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hold on I am confused a lot by your message,

Your article doesnt see like someone who got affected, its like you took it from some fairy tale. Had I not seen the pics I would have not believed this story.

Again whats making me think is, how come for such a big accident:
1. Airbag did not inflate at all??
2. Was the ABS not working, how come the car skidded off, thats not how ABS works.

If the answer is No for both question, then dont worry about repair cost of the car. Just write to Honda that the safety features of thier car did not work and you are planning to sue them you can get the cost of two cars.

But please do that only if your statements are true...
Old 15th January 2010, 22:02   #26
cLJ
BHPian

Congratulations Pancham, you are still alive today.

When you say 7 roll-over, the damage to the car is minimal. This brings to my memory an accident which I witnessed in Abu Dhabi. About 3 years ago, me and my friend were cruising at a speed around 160 km/h in a Nissan Maxima and suddenly a BMW 7 series overtook us in a flash. They were travelling above 200 km/h. Half a km in front of us, they encountered a small sand dunes, which is usual on the highway on a windy day and the vehicles rolled-over 9 times, which I counted. 2nd or 3rd roll-over was above 10 feet height, which you can see only in films. The vehicle was completely damaged; the roof was gone, bonnet was gone. We stopped our car and called the police. As per the law, we should not touch the accident victims. The surprise package was that after about 2-3 minutes the driver and the co-passengers came out of the car, with minor scratches here and there. Again, what saved them - seat belt. After that accident, I never travelled above 120km/hr, beyond which the car is difficult to control.

In India, rarely people wear seat belt, which can save your life 90+% times, even if it is a head on collision, unless it is a high speed collison.

CLJ
Old 15th January 2010, 22:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

Why most of the casual driver go to CCD for Coffee on highway?

Why after some coffee they drive back so rashly that most of the time it ends in accident?

Actually this is truth in Bangalore (People go to Mysore road CCD and many times they crash while coming back or going). Now it seems it is truth in Kolkata as well.

What type of Coffee these Highway CCD serves?. No hard feeling.
Old 15th January 2010, 23:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hold on I am confused a lot by your message,

Your article doesnt see like someone who got affected, its like you took it from some fairy tale. Had I not seen the pics I would have not believed this story.

Again whats making me think is, how come for such a big accident:
1. Airbag did not inflate at all??
2. Was the ABS not working, how come the car skidded off, thats not how ABS works.

If the answer is No for both question, then dont worry about repair cost of the car. Just write to Honda that the safety features of thier car did not work and you are planning to sue them you can get the cost of two cars.

But please do that only if your statements are true...
Ans 1): Yes you are right the air bags did not inflate. We raised the same question in the workshop. They said the car did have any front impact(it was definitely fishy because the front bumper had come off).
WE ASSUME THAT IT HAD A FAULTY AIRBAG SYSTEM
Ans 2): Although I have some idea about ABS but I dont think any ABS works at such speed on a wet road.

Another problem raised in the workshop...
the guy in the workshop asked me if the seat belts got locked after the accident(which was supposed to be the case) but i did not remember anything of that sort. As far as I remember I do not think the seat belt had been locked. So there is another faulty.

My friend had raised these issues in the workshop.
But what happened next is completely unknown to me because the car is not owned by me. The matters were settled the workshop people and my friend. I do think a complaint was sent. The legals matters were looked after by his family so I have no access to those.
Drive Safe
Old 15th January 2010, 23:02   #29
Senior - BHPian

oh man Pancham, seriously seat belt saved you!

10 lakhs for repair?what exactly Honda is going to repair? ho much insure your friend is getting
Old 15th January 2010, 23:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

[quote=recshenoy;1684646]oh man Pancham, seriously seat belt saved you!

sure it did..

The repair cost is around 9 lakh something(close to 10). I dont know any further details. I am sorry.

The car will be ready in a few days and I will post the pictures. Damn excited. (Remember it will be white in colour)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks