Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2010, 08:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

^^ Exactly. I must be spinned 7 times on the surface. If it were to roll 7 times or rotate in the air 7 times then the graves must have got internet connections.
Old 16th January 2010, 08:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I had an accident in my Palio and it flipped 3 times. The roof had caved in and the whole body got damaged. All the windows except the rear one were broken. Rear left or right (cant remember now) wheel was also broken. The damage was much more than what has happened to the civic. And the Palio had rolled on a field, so the damage was less than what would have happened on concrete roads. The civic does not seem to have rolled 7 times. Maybe the threadstarter wanted to mention that is spinned 7 times.
Highly unprobable.

This guy has used phrases like "Hit the divider", "Somersaulted", etc. and he has also specified that he was alive just because he was wearing his seatbelt.

Just imagine a car hitting a divider at 190 kmph! You think all 4 wheels would be on tarmac? I don think so. Consider even the other scenario : Spinning. For a car of Civic's length to spin 7 times at 190 kmph, i am sure the car should have touched the 'divider' and if it had, it should sure have flipped. Some Physics, as they say.

Either he has a problem with english or he is making it up. Its for us to decide.
Old 16th January 2010, 09:07   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post

Either he has a problem with english or he is making it up. Its for us to decide.
Arre re ? Thats a little harsh IMHO. I am a believer that anything is possible in an accident. We have seen subtle nudges result in death and a tipper unloading its stuff on Lineas and the entire family getting through unharmed.
I would like to give him the benefit of doubt and believe that his friend and he are plain jane damn lucky. It was not time up for you guys. Take it as another life and make corrections for some irresponsible behavior.
Thank God that the Police are not net savvy else they could got to your door by now . Cheers! No offences meant Brah!
Old 16th January 2010, 09:08   #49
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all for your comments. I know it was a mistake and I have learnt quite a few things from it. I would like to say sorry to all my fellow members who were hurt after reading about the incident. I appreciate their comments and I have proven to be a very bad car enthusiast(although i was not even driving).
Last word: Please drive safely and do consider safety over anything else in the world.
Friends do forgive me and I would appreciate your advice in near future.
[COLOR=#777777]HYUNDAI i20 ASTA..a dream..yet to come true[/COLOR]
Old 16th January 2010, 10:19   #50

With all due respect to the all of the people who have posted above, including the OP, and please excuse me for being a newbie to the site, I fail to understand how we are responding to this situation.

The OP has clearly described an extremely dangerous,rash and illegal course of action employed by his friend in not the most favorable conditions, with no justification (emergency etc) seeking some 'thrills'/'experience'/'adrenaline-rush'.

The magnitude of how dangerous it was cannot be understated. Not only were the lives of the OP and his friend in grave danger, they also posed a severe risk to life and limb of everybody who happened to be on and around the entire stretch where they went about merrily laying rubber.

Lets not forget friends, safe and reliable car or not, outside the city road or not, speeds close to 200 kmph are atleast 3 times the maximum speed they should have been doing. I understand the enthusiast nature of the member fraternity, but this kind of behaviour cannot, or rather should not, be condoned. The responses I have seen so far seem to be of a rather indulgent dont-do-that-again-u've-learnt-your-lesson gentle rap on the knuckles kind

Having said that, the fact that the roof looks pristine and rear right window glass is intact seems to suggest 'something'
Old 16th January 2010, 10:28   #51
Senior - BHPian

Was this real??

Are you genuinely alive?

A bang at 190 kms and you come out with neck sprains only is fairytale stuff.

Thank your lucky every one that you live another day.

Pls. drive carefully. 190 kmph on a wet road is madness. And ask your friend to do the same.
Old 16th January 2010, 13:08   #52
BHPian

Pancham,

Could you tell me at which garage in Kolkata your car
presently lying at ? I am seriously would like to
take a look .

Appreciate a Reply.

Cheers
Old 18th January 2010, 01:28   #53
Team-BHP Support

Hey,

Glad to hear no real damage was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Friends, after this incident I have taken a pledge to spread the message of driving safely and responsibly
This is all that matters now.

Sure, mistakes might have been made in the past - but thanks to your good fortune there was no irreversible damage as a result.

If you spread the message of road safety, and even successfully convince 1 or 2 people to be safer and smarter, i think the net outcome will definitely be a positive one

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2010, 02:13   #54
BHPian

I think the car must have done 360's seven times coz it sure doesn't look that it's rolled seven times.
Old 18th January 2010, 14:43   #55
BANNED

Well, what happened is really sad, and going by the numerous questions that are being posted about the gravity of the incident/accident, it would be good if you could post a few bigger and clearer pictures of the car or the insurance estimate bill or the photographs the insurance surveyor has taken before sanctioning the repairs.
It will put to rest a lot of questions.
Old 18th January 2010, 15:51   #56
Senior - BHPian

190kmph, wet road, 7 somersaults and you came out with only neck sprain-
Like 'Jamesbond' (he come without any sprain!). Anyway you are extremely Lucky.
And you need all these somersaults to learn a Lesson?
Drive safely!
Old 18th January 2010, 16:04   #57
Senior - BHPian

I'm happy to see someone come out safe from an accident like that. I'm sure your friend would have braked as well when he started to skid/swerve and the final impact would probably have been at much less speeds than what you were at when you took the curve.

Well, Pancham did say that he didn't count or know what happened. It was what the public told him. Lets give him the benefit of doubt.

Yes, seatbelts are and will be the primary live saving mechanism in a car.

And I don't want to give advice or point out flaws here. I've done my share of sins and I certainly cannot take a "holier than thou" attitude to find fault with what your friend has done in this case. I'm happy to see a lot of folks in T-BHP who seem to follow rules to the book!!!
Old 18th January 2010, 16:15   #58
Senior - BHPian

Man you are very lucky to be alive if the details what you have given is correct. But it is common sense that people don't go more than 100 also when it is drizzling/raining. I don't know what to tell. It would be better if you could get some more snaps or answer the question/doubts that were asked.
Old 25th January 2010, 20:02   #59
BHPian

He will never post the pictures , because it never happened in
first place.
Captdey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2010, 21:40   #60
BHPian

The car never somersaulted. Look at the roof.
Something's fishy here.

If your BEST driver friend ever did that 190kmph stunt, he is just plain STUPID.
Its even more with your argument about F1 drivers making mistakes. You must be kidding.

Were you doing this stunt at your friend's private racing track or any racing track? NO. You were doing it on a PUBLIC ROAD. That means your skidding Civic with that wannabe racer driver could have met a family in their M800 in its path...and killed all of them.
Go ahead, i know you can justify that also qouting some race driver.

-- Torqy
Torqy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks