Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2006, 00:51   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
Yes!
Ask for the reciept. It is us who are promoting corruption. I used to be like this...but have stopped paying the cops anything whatsoever without a proper reciept. Why to knowingly break the law in the first place...example talking on the cellphone....you know its dangerous and illegal but still you do it. Breaking the rules and promoting corruption is not appreciated on teambhp.

Dont crib about cops troubling you...be ready to pay the legal fine if you are breaking the rule.
Those rules are there for your safety and that of others.

Drifter
I totally agree. People instigate wrong notions when you say "do not get scared of the cops"....try doing that anywhere in the USA man, u'll start sweating if you see a cop car flashing his lights at you in your rear view mirror. Trust me I've been thru that & I was pulled over for a brake light that fused out. You will be a dead man if you offer a bribe to a cop. We instigate corruption & that is so wrong.

Last edited by mb_jg : 6th April 2006 at 00:55.
Old 6th April 2006, 04:13   #47
BHPian

Quote:
I totally agree. People instigate wrong notions when you say "do not get scared of the cops"....try doing that anywhere in the USA man, u'll start sweating if you see a cop car flashing his lights at you in your rear view mirror. Trust me I've been thru that & I was pulled over for a brake light that fused out. You will be a dead man if you offer a bribe to a cop. We instigate corruption & that is so wrong.
Ever spared a thought why a US cop won't accept a bribe?

A- A S/W Engnr (or any other regular white collar job guy) with say 3 yrs of experience gets paid say $70K a year...
B- A Cop with say 3 yrs of experience gets paid around 60K a year + lots of other benefits

In India:

A- A S/W Engnr (or any other regular white collar job guy) with say 3 yrs of experience gets paid say 700,000 a year...
B- A Cop with say 15 yrs of experience gets paid what? a Pittance in comparison...For a junior cop on street duty, braving the heat, dust and all the cr%p that come with his job, he probably makes 1/3rd or 1/4 th of what you makes

I gave this as an example coz person "A" is someone many of us here would identify with...And most of us here would not even think of accepting bribes at work...
but what if you had been mr. "B" in India? Would you still be able to say no to a little something?
Old 6th April 2006, 08:48   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Did you know that only a sub inspector has the right to ask you for your license? Correct me if Im wrong ppl.
what does a sub inspector look like ? any identifying badges/uniform or should i just ask the policeman itself?

@abhi, most US cop cars (actually all of them in big cities) have cameras mounted on the dashboard, the cop would have to be crazy to accept a bribe on camera.

Last edited by cheap_deal : 6th April 2006 at 08:58.
Old 6th April 2006, 09:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182
A- A S/W Engnr (or any other regular white collar job guy) with say 3 yrs of experience gets paid say 700,000 a year...
7 lakhs for 3 yrs experience??? I would like to work for this company man!
Old 6th April 2006, 10:07   #50
Senior - BHPian

A few weeks back a cop came to me at a signal ad asked PUC certificate. He noticed that my car is not registered locally and guessed i may not have got the test done....

He asked me to pay 100 bucks, I replied i will pay the fine and asked him to get me a receipt. Being a constable, i think he has no right to write a receipt and so let me go....
Old 6th April 2006, 23:19   #51
BHPian

Quote:
7 lakhs for 3 yrs experience??? I would like to work for this company man!
Few do, many don't,,,but this was just an example, and $70K vs INR 700K seemed to be straight off conversion.. :P

Quote:
@abhi, most US cop cars (actually all of them in big cities) have cameras mounted on the dashboard, the cop would have to be crazy to accept a bribe on camera.
Even otherwsie they wouldn't...
Nor would an Indian cop if he was being paid well
Old 7th April 2006, 00:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

hey guys...some days back..after the thane toll naka..cops were standin right ahead of the signal that comes..after the toll naka..i was in the middle lane..as soon as the signal started..a cop signled me to stop..i did not stop as he was a little far away...nd to my utter disbelief ..he got in the qualis..(i saw tht in my rear view mirror)..nd first thought it was for someone else..but then...saw him cut a lane..nd was sure..he was commin after me...cut some lanes myself..started overtakin from the left..centre nd any place i could put my 800 to...in the end..the cop lost me.....had fun though..bein chased..
On a serious note...its very dangerous..nd should not be done..ALWAYS:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks