Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 10:52   #16
Team-BHP Support

Technically, if you cross the stop line after signal turns red, you can be challaned, however since you crossed the line before the lights turned red, it shows that the cop is a crook. However, there is nothing you can do, except for paying the fine.
Old 20th January 2010, 11:12   #17
Team-BHP Support

The yellow light stays on for 4 seconds before the red light. So the rule is to judge the speed and distance from the crossing, if one can cross the line in those four seconds without speeding up one should do that, or else stop before the line. However in this case it seems a bit harsh to get booked. I had once won an argument with a traffic sergeant on a busy crossing where I was crossing under yellow and a constable jumped in front of my car and stopped me. He then took me to the sergeant saying that I had crossed under red light.I had to argue quite a lot to make the sergeant understand that his constable was actually wrong.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 20th January 2010 at 11:14.
Old 20th January 2010, 14:59   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumars View Post
Fines can be checked or paid online in karnataka.
Visit Welcome to Bangalore One for more info
Thanks Arun, I found an option "Learn Kannada" which was more important for me to help me NOT pay fines on spot atleast

Wait for my next post which will be in good Kannada, and let me see if Mods are able to translate it.
Old 20th January 2010, 16:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
The yellow light stays on for 4 seconds before the red light. So the rule is to judge the speed and distance from the crossing, if one can cross the line in those four seconds without speeding up one should do that, or else stop before the line. However in this case it seems a bit harsh to get booked. I had once won an argument with a traffic sergeant on a busy crossing where I was crossing under yellow and a constable jumped in front of my car and stopped me. He then took me to the sergeant saying that I had crossed under red light.I had to argue quite a lot to make the sergeant understand that his constable was actually wrong.
It isn't an easy job making them understand that their guy is wrong and we are right. Most of the time they are hell-bent on getting the moolah.
Old 20th January 2010, 17:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Technically, if you cross the stop line after signal turns red, you can be challaned, however since you crossed the line before the lights turned red, it shows that the cop is a crook. However, there is nothing you can do, except for paying the fine.
What are the options that one has apart from paying the fine(if one knows and is sure that the cop is taking the motorist for a ride so as to extract fine)? Plus could any one tell what are the rights of a civilian against such a situation, like if the traffic cop goes overboard and gets violent; like many a times we see traffic cops trying to stop the cars with their club or their wooden cane(not sure what is the right term for that wooden stick/club).
Would it not be fair to protest in a similar way(almost similar) if a traffic cop gets violent and tries taking away the car/bike keys by force/manhandling?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks