Team-BHP - Bangalore Elevated Tollway
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Bangalore Elevated Tollway (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/74007-bangalore-elevated-tollway-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 1693134)
I think having 2 wheels on an elevated freeway is a very bad idea! Sure the authorities will have tough time convincing the powerful IT lobby to make them understand. But from a safety perspective definitely worth the effort.

Imagine a 2 wheeler driver spilling and falling on to the ground/road below!

Totally agree on this point. Hope it does not turn out to be a menace for folks driving below on the highway. I guess the speed should be strictly-strictly regulated. Else it may a chain-reaction based disaster in the waiting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count (Post 1694679)
My feelings exactly. I never understood the rationale of not extending the Metro to E-City in the South and Whitefield in the East. These are the two areas where the most rush hour traffic occurs. I know someone mentioned that an expansion is now being planned, or maybe the monorail (light years away!) might provide connectivity to these places. !

they still have time. they can lay tracks on the elevated highwayand make it a metro / or monorail clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bottle (Post 1694746)
Will the roads be blocked near by for the inauguration ?

I traveled through Bommanahalli/Silk board Jn and no roads blocked there. No idea about Electronic city area.

What time is the inaguration?

I think 3PM

Just heard from Vidyut that his office has given holiday for afternoon session. Only elevated road open and bottom road closed for security reason, politico movement or something.

But we are going to have traffic movement right ? I intend to Electronic City at around 4PM. Will things be fine by then ?

Being a daily commuter on this stretch, I couldn't agree more with some of the views mentioned above:

- The expressway is a complete waste of money (almost 800 crores). 4-5 flyovers at major junctions would have done the trick.

- Travel time would not reduce, only the bottleneck would get shifted elsewhere. :Frustrati

- It is dangerous to allow 2 wheelers on the expressway, especially considering the total lack of lane discipline in Bangalore.

- Toll is too steep, not many people would use this expressway unless there is an urgency.

- Having metro instead of the expressway would have been much better. :thumbs up

Rohan

Lets see how it works after a week. Congestion at the toll entrance would mean too many people using the toll way. Would it be so? Not so sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1694933)
But we are going to have traffic movement right ? I intend to Electronic City at around 4PM. Will things be fine by then ?

If the schedule for the ceremony is at 3pm then I doubt that you can reach E.city at 4pm. You know the reasons.Politicians coming and going time etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by shishir_bn (Post 1695020)
If the schedule for the ceremony is at 3pm then I doubt that you can reach E.city at 4pm. You know the reasons.Politicians coming and going time etc

Damn! If I see some people waiting for politicos for cutting the ribbon
I'll walk up and inaugarate it myself like in the HH advert :D.
I need to reach Electronic City by 4:30 Max.

@Prince do one thing, if there is a jam then take the silk board to sarjapur road, cross the sarjapur road junction and come towards wipro office,after the lake(next to total) take a right turn and go straight. This will take you upto naganathapura and touch hosur road.From there it is just 2 kms to E.city

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_iitr (Post 1694948)
- The expressway is a complete waste of money (almost 800 crores). 4-5 flyovers at major junctions would have done the trick.
Rohan

Some underpasses may have sorted out major congestion at Bommanahalli and other junctions instead of this flyover as there was enough space available.

It could have saved some good percentage out of this cost and also some relief to the commuters in terms of toll. Let's see who all will use it on a regular basis!

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1695037)
Damn! If I see some people waiting for politicos for cutting the ribbon
I'll walk up and inaugarate it myself like in the HH advert :D.
I need to reach Electronic City by 4:30 Max.

do post about the road conditions in the evening if you can :P

I have been waiting to see this one for a long time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 169313)
Imagine a 2 wheeler driver spilling and falling on to the ground/road below!

You mean 2 wheeler drivers are like water ? How do they spill over ? :D

Maybe some fence/grill along the road should take care of that.

Yaaaaay, my office declared holiday on account of flyover opening. Only in India can this happen. lol.