Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2010, 18:53   #16
Team-BHP Support

If I'm in a hurry to get anywhere, I curse the system and the police and cabbies who are the most likely candidates for causing traffic jams.
If I'm not, I fiddle with the ICE or just look around and hope to spot a nice car or a good looking girl or anything funny.
Old 27th February 2010, 23:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
I just see the vehicles around and laugh at them when they try to squeeze their cars between a bikes
Generally its the other way round. I see bikers trying to squeeze bikes between cars.

Quote:
if you are in a car then all the above things holds good. But imagine if you are on a 2 wheelers and stuck between 2 vehicles and in the centre of the road(if you were on the edge of the road then atleast you can jump the divider or footpath) what will be the situation and adding to this it is 11am summer time.
If you are stuck on a bike between 2 cars, you have the golden opportunity of trying to squeeze between them and breaking their ORVMs.

I hate bikers who jump the divider or ride the footpath. I hope you are not one of them.

The other side of the road belongs to oncoming traffic and the footpath belong to pedestrians. Is it really that difficult to understand.

Coming back to the topic, I do the following while stuck in a jam:
- Ensure that the hand brake is applied
- Enjoy the music
- Look around for cars with Team-BHP stickers

Rohan
Old 27th February 2010, 23:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I go to sleep, I am woken up the hard way with lot of vehicles honking behind when the lights turn green
I hope thats the only time you fall asleep while in the car
Old 27th February 2010, 23:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Put on a high energy music CD, switch the engine off and sing along with the song.
Watch ppl trying to cut each other off, bikers trying to squeeze into each and every inch. Its like a chess game where cars and bikes try to squeeze into every possible iota of space available. Also, sprinkling choiciest "blessings" on ppl trying to get in diagonally and trying to make me climb on the divider or ppl honking even when they know no one can move.
Look around for Team-bhp stickers

Last edited by sammyboy : 27th February 2010 at 23:36.
Old 28th February 2010, 00:10   #20
BHPian

-- Check missed calls in mobile.
-- Some time take pics of cars,bike around me at traffic.
-- See other vehicles around me.
Old 28th February 2010, 00:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

--scan the area for cheeks in car and bike
--Turn of the vehicle ,Scan how many (idiots) are still running their engines and headlights .
-- scan how many have AC running .
-- scan for cops at the other end of the signal .
-- Prepare for a possible/potential drag( when the jam clears)
Old 28th February 2010, 01:02   #22
BHPian

Has anyone noticed the plethora of products sold at traffic signals? There are people selling earbuds, torches, plaster of paris gods, toys... The craziest one I've seen is a pair of devils horns with bulbs in them that go on your head.
If I'm jammed up near a light, I look at all the merchandise. There is always some weird stuff that makes me gawk.
If there are no hawkers, I just sit and curse the government.
Old 28th February 2010, 01:41   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I just see the vehicles around and laugh at them when they try to squeeze their cars between a bikes
LOL i exactly do the same. its funny to see how people people try to block the others if they cant move... some think they are intelligent and cut threw and get struck to bigger vehicles...
Old 28th February 2010, 22:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

in a jam
listen to pink floyd and sing as loud as i can(with the windows closed ofcourse and only when alone else would look like a nut).
in a dead jam(during strikes with miles and miles of traffic piled up) get out of the car and find a good place to pee
Old 1st March 2010, 16:21   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, I do a whole lot of thinking while driving. In fact, some of my best thoughts are while behind the wheel. I don't let traffic get to my head at all. Lots of positive stuff to think about (personal, work, cars, improvements, how the day went etc. etc.) in life. I'm absolutely calm and composed even after a 90 minute hard traffic drive home, thanks to keeping the mind healthy and active. I also have a strict habit of making voice notes, whenever there's a thought I could use some other day.

Of course, if I'm not driving and in the passenger seat, power naps work!
Old 1st March 2010, 16:31   #26
BHPian

First, I would inform home that I'm stuck and will be late

I just listen to music otherwise. Sometimes, I try to engage a conversation with the person in the vehicle standing next to me.
Old 1st March 2010, 16:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

When driving car, I usually play some nice music and relax in A/C comfort. If I am on my bike, I just turn myself off and vegetate!

But I am caught in traffic jams only 3 - 4 times in a year.
Old 1st March 2010, 16:37   #28
v&v
Senior - BHPian

I usually check my mails, reply them. Some PR calls and follow-up calls too.
if i am not driving, then my lap top will be ON and browsing which also includes TBHP.
Old 1st March 2010, 16:42   #29
BHPian

If it is night time the first thing to switch off will be my headlights even if it is just a 30 second signal. I dont want to bother the vehicles in front with my lights on. Then I switch off my engine and I listen to music. Then an call to my friends who might travel in the route and give them a heads up about the traffic condition. Then I connect to GPRS and browse TBHP on my mobile.
Old 1st March 2010, 17:49   #30
BHPian

Bangalore is the traffic jam capital of India. I get stuck in traffic everyday from my residence to office. Nothing much to do, except sit in the car and look at others around! I casually look around and see the facial expressions of others, listen to the radio, or sometimes light up a cigarette (I know its bad). Many a times especially in the evenings, i do what GTO does. Look back at how the day was, and analyze every bit of detail! Its human instinct I guess.

Last edited by rjalihal : 1st March 2010 at 17:50. Reason: spelling error

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks