Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2004, 00:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

this isnt exactly a race...but it happened when i was on my way back home tonite.

near the vashi toll naka towards chembur , a scorpio tried to cut into my lane , i dint allow him..he gave me a swing and took off from the left....i let him go as the roads upto the thane creek bridge are in pretty bad shape...

he had a head start but as i got onto the bridge ... i really let go......caught up at the end of the bridge but due to the traffic jam..i slowed down and he just pushed thru....the bulk and size of the scorpio helping him along.

after the police check post i tool off again..by now the guy knew i was tailing him..and faster he went...i was on his tail near mankhurd...but he wasnt allowing me to get ahead....

we reached the anushakti nagar flyover .....both at 110-120 kmph ....as u all know there is a sharp rite on the flyover...and this is where i got my chance...due to the shoddy handling he had to slow down...and i overtook him on the outside..my speedo read 110 kmpl...whooee maan his face had to be seen ( slowing down to 70 kmpl)

after that he started chasing me like crazy but then in traffic the scorpio is an elephant!! and i reached ma place first...

but again this highlights the absolute shoddy handling of the scorpio...even when he was swinging from lane to lane ..i was wondering when will he topple over ?? the scorpio was like a drunkard the body swinging crazily...

maan M&M better do something abt the handling..before maniac drivers like the one i encountered have a nasty accident !!

cheers
Old 29th August 2004, 04:23   #2
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (normally_crazy @ Aug. 28 2004,23:15)]read 110 kmpl...whooee maan his face had to be seen ( slowing down to 70 kmpl)
Dude..you've got to stop doing this! & this is the 2nd time!! lol 70kmpl & 110kmpl!!! Mere bhai kmpH is what you are looking for !
Old 29th August 2004, 15:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

aaarrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

im getting stupider by the day.......:(
Old 29th August 2004, 16:42   #4
BHPian

Hey bud take care , some of these guys are really crazy they have no respect for life man save all that speed for the speed run that is where it counts Bro take care man keep it safe::
Old 30th August 2004, 13:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] my speedo read 110 kmpl
wish it wasn't a typo. we wudn't need fuel pumps on every road.
Old 15th September 2004, 02:38   #6
BHPian

Hey!
Dude, ure racing a Scorpio for Christ's sake. Have a heart will u, try racing something in your own league. And if really want to race a Scorpio, try a dirt track. And before u do that, make arrangements to tow your car home.
Its not fair bud. And about the Scorpio handling, true, its a tad difficult becoz of the high centre of gravity. And another fault which was rectified was the absence of a speed sensitive power steering.
Anyway, be safe on the road. ure antics could get an innocent killed.
Old 15th September 2004, 04:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Dude,all i wanna say is drive safe.Dunt just get carried away.
A few seconds can really kill u.These wannabies will always want to prove a point seeing a modded car.
Save all that energy for drags.
Old 15th September 2004, 13:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

You dont have to race Scorpios pal. Just cruise past them. Thats what i do.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 20th September 2004, 13:11   #9
BHPian

Hey thats not a good thing to do. might give u a rush but aint worth a bit. You might put ur self and others in risk. As far as that crazy scorpio guy is concerned, he might just be a driver who has nothing to lose. think about it. play safe!!!

-Chakri
Old 20th September 2004, 20:40   #10
BHPian

hay yaar pls dont joke ill have to post various stories of overtaking boleros and spacio with a vtec
Old 21st September 2004, 20:37   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (chaxy @ Sep. 20 2004,11:41)]As far as that crazy scorpio guy is concerned, he might just be a driver who has nothing to lose.
Or just plain stupid. MUVs and SUV are for offroading, not racing.
Old 21st September 2004, 20:42   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Aditya @ Sep. 21 2004,19:07)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (chaxy @ Sep. 20 2004,11:41)]As far as that crazy scorpio guy is concerned, he might just be a driver who has nothing to lose.
Or just plain stupid. MUVs and SUV are for offroading, not racing.

He's got nothing to lose if he gets beaten by a sedan!!
Old 2nd March 2006, 17:49   #13
BHPian

Pleezzzze Guys Am Sure Most Of U Complaining About The Scorpio Have Never Driven It. I Have Been Driving A Crde For The Past 8 Months And Have Taken Innovas Balenos Ikons And Safaris On The Highway. My Speedo Goes Well Over 160 But I Frankly Dont Know What The True Speed Is. Believe Me Its Ok As Long As U R Alert And Ofcourse Experience Counts People. The Car Rocks. Agreed Shes Behaves Best When U R Around 100 - 120 But When People Irritate Me I Make It A Point To Show Them What The Crde Can Do. Dont Mess With The Crde Folks
Old 2nd March 2006, 18:01   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION
Pleezzzze Guys Am Sure Most Of U Complaining About The Scorpio Have Never Driven It. I Have Been Driving A Crde For The Past 8 Months And Have Taken Innovas Balenos Ikons And Safaris On The Highway. My Speedo Goes Well Over 160 But I Frankly Dont Know What The True Speed Is. Believe Me Its Ok As Long As U R Alert And Ofcourse Experience Counts People. The Car Rocks. Agreed Shes Behaves Best When U R Around 100 - 120 But When People Irritate Me I Make It A Point To Show Them What The Crde Can Do. Dont Mess With The Crde Folks
man, i too own a crde, but i had to admit that handling is very bad at any speed above 80kms. on the straights its ok, but on curves she likes to step out of the line very easily. 160kmph, i would never do even if i get a chance to ride her on autobahns.

nonetheless, the car rocks and the engine is ultra refined and brilliant.
Old 2nd March 2006, 18:04   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION

....drive safe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks