Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 19:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra and Mahindra Rash drivers!! Not so pleasant

I usually don't lose my temper that easily but today was the limit!

I was on my way home from MG road. Heavy traffic again today at the Signal near cubbon park. I was on the right most lane and had my right indicator on.

On my left was a brand new M&M Xylo. Once the light turns green this Xylo starts and tries to muscle his way into the right lane. He was Inches away from scrapping mycar. I kept honking to indicate that he was way too close but this driver is busy talking and laughing on the phone and nearly misses scrapping my donkey by a couple of inches.

Now I'm furious, even after the signal hes still on the phone!
So next signal I pull up next to him and ask him what was his problem, and that he was way too close to me and was about to scrape my car
To which he replies saying that nothing happened right? If anything happens Insurance is there go claim it.

I still ask him why is he so rash and driving while on the phone.
The driver and co driver tell me to keep driving. And repeat the same thing nothing happened to you or your car they didn't touch so just keep driving.

So we continue driving along the same road.

I live near bellary road so we both were on the same road.

Next signal near Windsor manor Bridge, Again I see the driver on the phone. I take out my phone snap a picture their car that they were driving along with the TC Plates.

Now this make both the driver and co driver furious and they stop their car and start walking towards me. (we are still on the signal).
I stop and open my door by the time the driver of the Xylo who was wearing a M&M shirt and uniform comes up to me and asks me as to why I took a picture of their car. By this time the co driver is also next to me and my car.
Both start asking me and questioning me as to why or how dare I take pictures of their car and what was I going to do with it? Both of them yelling a bit.

This is when I raise my voice and say,
yes I took a picture of your car because I like the xylo!
Then the co driver says this not the way to do it and if I liked the car I should ask for a brochure.

I reply saying - "Please give me a brochure"

Now the Driver again - why did you take a picture?
Me "Yes I took a picture so what now?"
Driver - "What are you going to do with the picture? you can do nothing"
Me - "I will do nothing its my picture now"
Driver and Co driver - You cant take pictures here.
Me - I just did so what?

by this time the traffic starts to move and they both head towards their Xylo.
Just before the driver got into the car he also snaps a picture of my donkys number plate and was mumbling something to the co driver.

We both continue on this road for a while, as I have to go all the way to Bellary road.
Now these M&M drivers/sales people got a bit nervous or suspected that I'm following them or something, I don't know why they would think that and they pull over on the left side and let me pass them.

I kept a watch on my rear view mirror to check if these guys were following me.
I just reached home logged into team-bhp and posted what happened.

Now these 2 guys on the Xylo didn't seem like typical drivers I think they were from the sales or service side. I really don't know from what branch of MM or showroom they were from. Whoever they are they surely deserve a good yelling from their supervisor or their boss and also a lesson on how to drive.

Really bad experience I was a having such a nice day today. The weather is also perfect today.
I was the TC plates of this Xylo, should I try and complain about these joker? will there be any use ?
Or should I just let it go ?
Old 14th May 2010, 19:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Post the photo of the Xylo here. When they asked you what you are going to do with that photo, you should have told them you are going to send it to Anand Mahindra. And no, I don't think there will be any point in complaining to M&M or their dealers. Just forget about it and move on and watch out for other such morons on the road. There are plenty of them. As far as Xylos are concerned, I don't think it has become a cabbie favorite yet. Most of the ones I have seen on the road are driven sensibly by owners or their drivers.

EDIT: It's Mahindra & Mahindra btw.

Last edited by Gilead : 14th May 2010 at 19:43.
Old 14th May 2010, 20:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Post the photo of the Xylo here. When they asked you what you are going to do with that photo, you should have told them you are going to send it to Anand Mahindra. And no, I don't think there will be any point in complaining to M&M or their dealers. Just forget about it and move on and watch out for other such morons on the road. There are plenty of them. As far as Xylos are concerned, I don't think it has become a cabbie favorite yet. Most of the ones I have seen on the road are driven sensibly by owners or their drivers.

EDIT: It's Mahindra & Mahindra btw.

LOL yes its Mahindra I was so frustrated with what happened totally missed that.

You are Gilead. I just pray some bige at M&M is reading this.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra and Mahindra Rash drivers!! Not so pleasant-img0046a.jpg  

Mahindra and Mahindra Rash drivers!! Not so pleasant-img0047a.jpg  

Old 14th May 2010, 20:51   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

The Xylo is not even running on temporary registration (red on yellow) or garage plates (white on red). This is utterly illegal. The rear windscreen seems to have a dealer's sticker on it, though illegible in the pics. No wonder the guys were so jittery.
Old 14th May 2010, 21:16   #5
BHPian

Captain - What a bunch of morons !

Did you get close enough to the vehicle to identify the dealership sticker ?
The XYLO plate looks like a showroom vehicle out on a test drive ?
There are only 3 dealers in Blore - India Garage, Sireesh Auto & SKS as far as i know, send a common email to all 3 of them with the link to this thread !

:: Welcome to Mahindra Xylo co.in ::

Copy Mahindra on the mail to all 3.
customercare@mahindra.com
Call us at the Xyloline – 99350 66006

Such morons don't belong on public roads & have the potential to cause more harm in future.
Old 14th May 2010, 22:10   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The Xylo is not even running on temporary registration (red on yellow) or garage plates (white on red). This is utterly illegal. The rear windscreen seems to have a dealer's sticker on it, though illegible in the pics. No wonder the guys were so jittery.
Since the vehicle does not have any license plates this is not likely to be a vehicle used for test drives. In some rare cases, the dealers fail to completely erase these joyrides from the memory of the vehicles as can be seen from IndigoXLGrandDi's experience.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1660997

-- Wind
Old 14th May 2010, 22:19   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I reply saying - "Please give me a brochure"
Haha. Good presence of mind, and yeah sense of humor too.
Old 14th May 2010, 22:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

its better to chill buddy & forget about the incident. such morons are abundant on our roads & you will only waste your time & effort in complaining without much benefit.
Old 15th May 2010, 00:12   #9
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Don't you have photos of the morons? Perhaps you can post that as well. And pray the Biggies from M&M have a look at it.
Old 15th May 2010, 00:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

And I just tweeted the link to this thread to Anand Mahindra :-)
Old 15th May 2010, 06:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

this is very very bad. but if you know which dealer this xylo came from at least theres a possibility of disciplinary action. since it was in Northern bangalore it is quite possible that it came from India garage.

even ive had similar observation once in HSR layout where the purple xylo (brand new) possibly under test drive / or brand new car which was being delivered to someone was being driven really badly and aggressively.

again it was a rainy day some 5-6 months ago and since I was driving i didnt whip out the camera and take a pic. i couldnt see which dealer it came from but since sireesh auto is nearby im inclined to think it came from there.

i think tweeting this to anand mahindra is a good idea - the man has taken a lot of care to build the company's reputation and all of that will brought to nought by the actions of a few of their half-witted dealer drivers. atleast by this some corrective action can be initiated by Mahindra corporate.
Old 15th May 2010, 07:07   #12
Senior - BHPian

it must be sireesh auto.

thats the only one on Bellary road.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Don't you have photos of the morons? Perhaps you can post that as well. And pray the Biggies from M&M have a look at it.
Unfortunately no MX6, they acted like real goons more like Auto drivers. What surprised me was that they objected to me taking pictures. Its not like they own the car. Its a showroom car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
And I just tweeted the link to this thread to Anand Mahindra :-)
haha! Thank you Jaguar! I really hope Mr Anand Mahindra is reading this I have heard that he is a nice guy and does always does what right. Lets hope that he does something about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
this is very very bad. but if you know which dealer this xylo came from at least theres a possibility of disciplinary action. since it was in Northern bangalore it is quite possible that it came from India garage.

even ive had similar observation once in HSR layout where the purple xylo (brand new) possibly under test drive / or brand new car which was being delivered to someone was being driven really badly and aggressively.

again it was a rainy day some 5-6 months ago and since I was driving i didnt whip out the camera and take a pic. i couldnt see which dealer it came from but since sireesh auto is nearby im inclined to think it came from there.

i think tweeting this to anand mahindra is a good idea - the man has taken a lot of care to build the company's reputation and all of that will brought to nought by the actions of a few of their half-witted dealer drivers. atleast by this some corrective action can be initiated by Mahindra corporate.
shankar.balan
So Im the not the only one here.. Hmm. Yup I too have a feeling that its from India garage.
This happened on Friday. Saturday afternoon I took my proper camera and headed to Sireesh auto.
But Guess what! sireesh auto was closed! and it looked like they have moved! bummer!

I don't have a picture of these clowns driving the Xylo but after what they did I don't think I will be forgetting their pretty faces anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
it must be sireesh auto.

thats the only one on Bellary road.
I think sireesh auto moved from their old location?

Last edited by Captain Slow : 17th May 2010 at 14:28.
Old 19th May 2010, 13:12   #14
BHPian

Me too tweeted the link to anandmahindra. Let's see if this gets addressed. When they use twitter as a tool to promote Xylo, why not get issues to their attention through that.
Old 19th May 2010, 16:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I was the TC plates of this Xylo, should I try and complain about these joker? will there be any use ?
Or should I just let it go ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grules View Post
Me too tweeted the link to anandmahindra. Let's see if this gets addressed.
But how would Anand Mahindra identify those two blokes???

Quote:
When they use twitter as a tool to promote Xylo, why not get issues to their attention through that.
I think after some time he shall close that twitter account if he is continuously getting tweets on complaints!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks