Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2010, 11:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

DTP has now started to issue challans on the basis of photos uploaded on FB by the forum members. Whats your take on that?

1. Do you think the challans are real?
2. Do you think this will make any difference?
3. Do you think its the correct way of doing things?
4. Would you upload pics if you see anything wrong on the road?

Just wanted to know your views

Regards
Old 15th July 2010, 15:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
DTP has now started to issue challans on the basis of photos uploaded on FB by the forum members. Whats your take on that?

Regards
1. No clue. However, one could find out with a little planning - click and report your neighbour's traffic violation (black tints, illegal parking or something of that sort) and then bring the topic up with them after a few weeks.
2. If the challans are real then this would make pretty significant difference - talk about civilian's involvement.
3. Why not? If there is a sure-shot traffic violation that one can make out of a pic then why not?!
4. Only if I knew challans are being issued. I could probably be the one with maximum traffic violation pics uploaded and win an award on Republic day too
Old 4th August 2010, 20:35   #18
BHPian

"Social" Presence of Delhi Police

I was reading the papers today morning and was quite amused by the innovative way that DP have adopted to book traffic offenses. Also on my way to the office in the Cab, the RJ was announcing this and said Singapore must adopt this during the Youth Olympics held next month. I'm really proud that someway we are getting such reach.

I applaud the effort and folks in Delhi use this opportunity to post traffic offense picture on FB and summons would be sent. I know there are loop holes but heck, atleast a step forward and I fell happy about this.

Here is the link
Delhi Traffic Police | Facebook

Also you can get live tweets on the traffic in Delhi, Again by Delhi Police
http://twitter.com/dtptraffic

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th August 2010 at 20:41. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, already existing topic. Thanks
Old 3rd October 2010, 19:36   #19
BHPian

Goa Traffic Police on Facebook!

I recently found a page on Facebook that belongs to the Goa Traffic Police department. Whats interesting is that all the people who join the page can report any traffic violence in the form of photographic action showing the number plate of the culprit and the department will takes action against the effort.

This is the first time I have seen something like this, so does any other state RTO offer something like this?

Here's the link to the page:
Goa Traffic Police
Old 24th February 2011, 22:05   #20
Team-BHP Support

Re: Delhi Traffic Police now on Facebook! EDIT: Now Goa too!

It seems Facebook has become a powerful tool for Traffic departments. I have seen an immense response at least on the Pune Traffic Police page on Facebook - PTP FB Page.

And here is one for Mumbai traffic police.

Last edited by moralfibre : 24th February 2011 at 22:06.
Old 20th May 2011, 20:23   #21

Now ! even traffic police of Meerut is also on facebook. I think sooner or later we all would be able to post pics on thier pages
Old 22nd May 2011, 02:34   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post

Regards
1. I would like to think that.
2. Sure it will, already hundreds of photographs are being uploaded by the users, so in a way, people are becoming more aware about the rules.
3. You gotta start somewhere!
4. For sure.

I have been following the page since long now. And almost every other day I see a post from Joint CP(Traffic) Mr. Satyendra Garg writing about some challan. Usually these are the cars of influential people, MPs, MLAs, even some cops.

Most of the challans are for faulty RC plates, illegal beacons, wrong parking, no helmets. While this is good, it cannot be the end of it, they have got to up the ante.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks