Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2010, 09:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Yellow board running with my stolen spare wheel cover - what to do next?

Just now got to know that a yellow board vehicle running in the the campus that I work in, is sporting my stolen spare wheel cover. I have the vehicle number ( KA 02 C 5418 ). The information was passed on from TASS.

I have passed on this information to our company security officer who will be passing it on to the campus security group.

Now, if the vehicle is caught, what next? How do I ensure to get the cover back?

Last edited by HappyWheels : 24th May 2010 at 09:56.
Old 24th May 2010, 10:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

how do you know its your wheel cover?
Old 24th May 2010, 10:01   #3
Team-BHP Support

Suresh, how did you know thats the wheel cover off your vehicle? Also, what vehicle is it? A Safari, or a Sumo with the yellow board?
Old 24th May 2010, 10:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Pretend a few more things were missing from your car, and accuse him of taking them all. He may hand over the spare wheel cover and heave a sigh of relief!

But can it be proved the cover is indeed yours?
Old 24th May 2010, 10:05   #5
Team-BHP Support

Alternatively you can give him all your wheel covers. You don't need them (they won't stay anyway) for your OTR trips.
Old 24th May 2010, 10:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

@Raj, Ben & Gansan:

Good question; answer - I don't.

But the SA at TASS was sure. They identified it with the nicks and a dent, caused by it scraped by their washing boys, and for which I had raised an issue. So the identity is confirmed.

Now, I will not be able to use this as solid proof. What I see as a way is to take him to the police and let him prove it is his, which he will never be. I reckon buying stolen goods is also against the law. But all this - is it viable? Will it work? What else can I do?

EDIT:

@ Ben: It is a Sumo SE yellow board.

@Rudra: This is not the hub cover but the spare wheel cover at the back.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 24th May 2010 at 10:13.
Old 24th May 2010, 10:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

EDIT:

@ Ben: It is a Sumo SE yellow board.

@Rudra: This is not the hub cover but the spare wheel cover at the back.
It costs 6k for a new right?

Go to him, ask him from where he got it as you too want one for your Sumo
Old 24th May 2010, 10:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

^^ JKD,

Good idea! He might even offer to sell me the same!
Old 24th May 2010, 11:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

tell the guy clearly, you have identified its yours and from where ever the guy has purchased he is in deep trouble.

Tell him there is a police complaint already for this theft and now you will call police for recovery. Go with 3-4 people, so that this guy understands you are not bluffing.

With the police coming into the picture, he sure will bend to give it to you. If required, police can verify with your service center too as they have confirmed it to be yours. Use them as witness with the police.
Old 24th May 2010, 11:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

Present the evidence to the campus security agency/officials and try to recover the wheel cover through them. Going to the police may prolong the matters and you may end up spending more than the wheel cover.

While you are at it, also aim at getting the driver/owner of the yellow-board expelled and blacklisted, so he will be suitably punished for the theft.

Get the written confirmation from the TASS guys that it's indeed your wheel cover being used by the yellowboard vehicle. Without anything in writing, the TASS guys could back off from their verbal testimony.
Old 24th May 2010, 11:13   #11
Senior - BHPian

I'd say you steal it from that guy. Easiest solution.
What if he bought it from someone else?
Old 24th May 2010, 11:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

Go face him with 2 3 guys accuse him of stealing it from you. Take it from him and ask him to follow you to the TASS for verification and any necessary identification. Chances are he would let you take it back.
Old 24th May 2010, 11:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

@Happywheels - If you're 101% confident that it is yours, then
Quote:
I'd say you steal it from that guy. Easiest solution
Or why not take the TASS guy along to ask for the wheel caps. Probably the cabbie is not even aware of this, had he been indulged in theft, why would he fit into one of the visible wheels? Why wouldn't he fit on to the spare wheels underneath?

I don't have any background info, but I'm wondering how the TASS guy could identify that the stolen wheel cover is in another vehicle, unless they've messed it up themselves during service. Can you get to the root of the problem?

Last edited by aargee : 24th May 2010 at 11:55.
Old 24th May 2010, 11:52   #14
Senior - BHPian

The campus security seemed to have missed him. He is no longer in the campus. The number is with the guards and they have been instructed to hold back the vehicle if spotted.

Seems like the only option is to confront him and try to recover the cover; else the only available path is to take him to the cops, which I am sure he might try to avoid since it will be evident that he is in possession of a stolen good.

Now the hope is that they guards do their work!

EDIT:

Argee: As mentioned previously, there are some damages to my cover because of the washing boys at TASS. I had raised an issue then and those people saw the damage. Due to that, they were able to confirm that this piece is indeed mine.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 24th May 2010 at 11:55.
Old 24th May 2010, 12:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Argee: As mentioned previously, there are some damages to my cover because of the washing boys at TASS. I had raised an issue then and those people saw the damage. Due to that, they were able to confirm that this piece is indeed mine.
In that case, the mess up should've happened at T.A.S.S & the boys would've messed up with the wheel caps & its better to take those TASS guys along with you.
Tracing the vehicle, especially in KA, I don't think an issue as you can obtain through SMS; but do not confront him all alone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks