Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2010, 18:05   #31
BHPian

I have seen number plates of most Government vehicles in Bangalore having this green paint strip on the number plate. It often mentions - "State Car" or "Govt Vehicle" and stuff like that. I guess the trick is to go to RTO or whichever dept in the govt and file an RTI application on this. Soon we might see such privileged displays of title and authority disappearing maybe ;-).
BTW, am glad to celebrate my status change from Newbie to BHPian by sporting the team-Bhp stickers on my vehicles!
Old 18th November 2011, 11:23   #32
BHPian

Re: Almost challaned for Team BHP sticker on number plate

MODS: I felt this as the BEST place to put this info. Please move if you find it inappropriate here.

The photograph uploaded by Delhi Traffic Police on their facebook page:

Almost challaned for Team BHP sticker on number plate-numberplate.jpg

Quote:
RC PLATE OF A VEHICLE HAS CERTAIN RULES. PLEASE FOLLOW THESE. Number plate certainly is not a style statement or instrument to show off who one is but just to show what RC number vehicle has been allotted.

- Satyendra Garg, Joint CP Traffic
I hope this makes all the doubts crystal clear on the Number Plates.

Cheers!
Irish
Irish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 11:46   #33
Senior - BHPian

All state govt vehicles in Karnataka sport the 'Govt of Karnataka' sign on their number plates. (also Govt of India) They also flout rules like driving on the right side of the road in traffic intersections etc. The police dont mind since they all work for the employer.
I think we need to take a photograph and put it on Facebook page of Bengaluru Police and see what say.
Old 18th November 2011, 19:21   #34
BHPian

Dealers should be banned from selling any other number plates apart from as suggested by RTA. Thats the permenent solution.

Another thing to add is to fine both the number plate maker and users.
Old 3rd September 2012, 21:23   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
Dealers should be banned from selling any other number plates apart from as suggested by RTA. Thats the permenent solution.

Another thing to add is to fine both the number plate maker and users.
Fining the number plate maker is a good idea....But is it practical?
Old 11th December 2012, 20:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakchow View Post
Fining the number plate maker is a good idea....But is it practical?
Yeah, Since those in power are doing so much wrong to the country and countrymen, i guess the small time number plate sellers or users are not to blame.
Old 11th December 2012, 21:39   #37
BHPian

This is another trend among Army officers. However in this case the vehicle is registered to Dell and not to any Army officer. I had posted this and similar photos on HTP FB page but no action was taken.
Attached Thumbnails
Almost challaned for Team BHP sticker on number plate-406113_258389320943385_435278228_n.jpg  

Old 11th December 2012, 22:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
This is another trend among Army officers. However in this case the vehicle is registered to Dell and not to any Army officer. I had posted this and similar photos on HTP FB page but no action was taken.
It might be the son of an army officer, using the sticker to avoid paying tolls and generally have no issues with the traffic police. Clearly it seems to be working as your HTP FB experience shows!
Old 28th January 2013, 16:21   #39
BHPian

Bangalore Mirror Article - Stickers on Cars

Hi Friends

Saw a Bangalore Mirror Article on a certain sticker on a qualis. Apparently Bangalore police is trying to trace the qualis.

My concerns are on the comments in the article

"The registration records show a Rajajinagar address for the car. However, as and when the vehicle is located, the traffic police will not be able to take action vis-à-vis the demeaning message. At best, they will be able to haul up the owner for sporting a ‘defective’ number plate – that is, for any symbol, word or letter other than the vehicle registration number on the number plate. If the sticker is not on the number plate, even that course of action will not be open to them.

Speaking to Bangalore Mirror, Saleem averred, “Even if the sticker is below the number plate, we can take action. The traffic police have the powers to book a motorist for any kind of defective number plate. However, the traffic police cannot legally do anything about the message itself.”

With so many of us flouting Team - BHP stickers on the registration plate are we flouting the law..

Below is the link to the article
http://www.bangaloremirror.com/artic...egal-bind.html

Note from Support - Only 2 smileys allowed per post. Please go through the forum rules in the Announcements section.

Last edited by n_aditya : 29th January 2013 at 09:21.
Old 28th January 2013, 19:35   #40
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore Mirror Article - Stickers on Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC77 View Post
Hi Friends

Saw a Bangalore Mirror Article on a certain sticker on a qualis. Apparently Bangalore police is trying to trace the qualis.

With so many of us flouting Team - BHP stickers on the registration plate are we flouting the law..

Below is the link to the article
http://www.bangaloremirror.com/artic...egal-bind.html
Quote:
Advocate KV Dhananjay believes there is a case for action over the sticker. Speaking to Bangalore Mirror, he said, “Personal statements on automobiles are not protected any more than statements that are made in a book, paper, public forum or electronic medium. Added to that, the rules made under the Motor Vehicles Act insist that number plates on automobiles should contain information in a specified manner, size, background and colour.
As long as you don't play around with your registration plates, it should not be a problem if you sport the LCLC/LTD sticker elsewhere in the car. We have already had a case where one of our Bhpians was almost fined for sporting the BHP URL sticker in this number plate.
Old 28th January 2013, 20:33   #41
gemi_kk

I have seen many cars with such stickers in hyderabad. Some say, "Eat my Dust" which is not as offending as the one mentioned above, however....

OT: If one can advertise an alcohol brand with a soda name or mineral water or apple juice, then whats wrong with this. When Kingfisher is advertising alcohol on an airplane in a country, which is not at fault, how come this would be?

THis clearly shows the government inability in catch the bigger criminals. and trying to catch the poor person who hasn't done anything wrong.

I think, we have the right to speak right. So cant this be put under this section, that the sticker purely conveys his personal opinion?
  (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 22:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

As per law, nothing can be posted on the number plate, and if one does that, then yes, it is flouting the law.

We had discussed this sometime back, please check here as well;
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-car-1293.html

Rehaan has replied the confirmation as well.
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 04:02   #43
MHG
BHPian

This is strange. What about all those government vehicles which display "Government of India" or "Government of Karnataka" often in Indic scripts in a strip on top of the number plate ? Or those vehicles with the company name in the same place ?
Old 29th January 2013, 06:35   #44
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Though we all know that several government vehicles themselves break the rule by sticking/painting stuff on the number plate, why flout the law ourselves when we are aware of it ?
My opinion/suggestion is to avoid using stickers on the number/registration plate itself, after all you have so much more real estate all around the vehicle to use the stickers!

Last edited by NPV : 29th January 2013 at 06:37.
Old 29th January 2013, 08:34   #45
Senior - BHPian

The message itself is demeaning which means that the vehicle owner himself is not in the right frame of mind. Does this stop the cops from taking action or are they waiting for a protest from the women rights activitist before they can pull up this guy. Atrocity at its best,

Have seen a number of number plate violations which include wrong font, Wrong language, political party stickers etc on the vehicles. I guess the cops are still waiting for some senior bureaucrat to take notice and complain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks