Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 02:40   #31
BHPian

MadBullRam,

If we had to react to morons on the road as you did, I bet you there would be fights every five feet. Chennai is the worst place(as far as I know)trust me. Be patient and go your way. We have to shout at every other driver on the road because people do not know how to drive.
Old 14th July 2010, 03:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

@Ranjan - you don't have to agree with me on this nor I'm trying to preach, but just warn the consequences. Even in the case of 1 on 1, you may not know the stranger as who he's & his background. A fat looking moron may be trembling within & weak looking gentleman could be a psycho or professional murderer. All I'm saying is never get involved in a road rage; even if its 100% not your mistake, analyze the situation & then take things under control, but nothing physically even if the other guy is thin & homeless.

To give you a different picture, let say you hit the other guy & he dies on the spot; consider this, your life is over; you've to spend not only on courts but prepared to spend the remaining days behind the bars & I don'tve to tell you the life behind the bars. Is that all worth enough for a little ego? Will you not be missing your family?

Just a little OT, all of us need infrastructure of US, cars from GM/Ford/Honda, eat at McD & KFC, wear Levis Strauss & Nike, but for once why not learn about good side of road sense in US?

Last edited by aargee : 14th July 2010 at 03:14.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2010, 20:04   #33
BHPian

hi all: Thanks a lot for all your perspective. The day this happened itself I decided whats right. But I wanted to share this with my fellow BHPians so that if anyone gets into a situation like this knows what right.

Yes, he did wrong, he deserved, he might be driving correctly now, he might be more careful, may be I even saved 1 or 2 lives by teaching him a lesson.

But the bottom line is, what i did was plain stupid, idiotic, and very very immature and in fact I had put my wife in more danger than what he had put us in.

A real lesson for me and I am sure I will never ever let rage take over me until and unless its absolutely necessary. Hope this acts as a pointer or helps someone.
Old 14th July 2010, 20:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
But the bottom line is, what i did was plain stupid, idiotic, and very very immature and in fact I had put my wife in more danger than what he had put us in.

A real lesson for me and I am sure I will never ever let rage take over me until and unless its absolutely necessary. Hope this acts as a pointer or helps someone.
Attaboy! Thats more like it.
I hope the punching bag learnt his lesson too.
Old 14th July 2010, 20:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I wanted to share this with my fellow BHPians so that if anyone gets into a situation like this knows what right.
+1
Sharing your thoughts with like minded people will put down the mental burden too; did you ever notice what was the guy's number? Did it start with TN05?
Old 14th July 2010, 21:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi all: Thanks a lot for all your perspective. The day this happened itself I decided whats right. But I wanted to share this with my fellow BHPians so that if anyone gets into a situation like this knows what right.

Yes, he did wrong, he deserved, he might be driving correctly now, he might be more careful, may be I even saved 1 or 2 lives by teaching him a lesson.

You've answered your very question- Was it wrong to have hit the guy..etc etc.

You are the best judge for each of your actions, and in good spirit you've thought about your deeds.A good lesson learnt, and I'm sure you will never ever have such an impulse when in a similar situation.

So for now, forget about these things. Enjoy every precious moment of the phase that you and your wife are in, coz very soon you'll be holding a little bundle of joy.At that point, nothing else will matter.

Drive safe!
Old 14th July 2010, 21:52   #37
Team-BHP Support

MadbullRam, I guess you remember the climax of the movie Thevar Magan.

The don't wake up the sleeping demon in me scene.
Your demon woke up. Did some dancing around. Luckily did not leave a lot of damage in its wake. except a bloodied face and swollen fingers.

Now that it has gone back to sleep, let it sleep. I am sure while its rush is awesome, you are sensible enough to leave it sleeping.

You can always say like the Hulk, You don't want to see me angry.

btw, kids who listen to Mozart while still inside their mommies are supposed to be great at Maths.

Last edited by bblost : 14th July 2010 at 21:54.
Old 14th July 2010, 22:05   #38
BHPian

@aargee: TN03
@BBlost: The kid is having a varied sessions of Beethoven, Mozart, vedic mantras and chantings, MJ, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd and our own Kuthu Songs! So I am not sure what the kid will be great in, but I really dont care, as long as the kid enjoys life without spoiling someone else life
Old 15th July 2010, 00:07   #39
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Good madbullram. things are back to normal. That's good.
@bblost, there's also a spoof of the same where vivek pulls a cat out of his jacket!
Old 30th August 2010, 16:37   #40
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, I was returning home (with family) and I had stopped the car at a signal. I was near the front of the queue - I think there was one car infront of me. A blue Innova was parked right next to me on my right - we were parallel, he wasn't infront. When the signal turned green, and I had started moving, the Innova guy swerved right into my path - almost taking my front bumper off. As a reflex reaction, I swerved left too. A two-wheeler was passing on the left. Luckily for me and the two-wheeler guy, I didn't hit him. I think he still had one feet on the road, so he was able to continue without damage. I was enraged, and I set out after the Innova. After almost 3-4km of chasing, I managed to overtake him. I slowed down and he moved to overtake me to the left. When he was parallel, I opened the window and gave him a piece of my mind.

When the red mist cleared, I realised that by doing what I did, I put my family in far greater danger than the Innova guy ever did. I may also have touched an Ambassador guy during the chase (I heard a noise, didn't feel any touch. I can't find any scrathes on my car - but I found a 2-inch long patch of dirt on my left rear bumper which I think could have come off the rubber beading on the Ambassador's front bumper) - so I am as guilty as the Innova guy, maybe more so. Although nothing bad happened, I haven't been able to forgive myself. I apologised to my 5-year old daughter (she was sleeping in the car at the time of the chase), who was perplexed why her father is suddenly so sorry!
Old 31st August 2010, 21:59   #41
Senior - BHPian

When you have family with you, its not worth trying anything to get your message across. I sometimes feel like going after a moron and letting him/her realize that they were at fault, but then I take a back seat and let things cool down, especially when I have my 9 month old daughter.
For any reason, the confrontation were to turn sour, the lil ones/ family would be in tight spot with no help.
Old 31st August 2010, 22:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Next time keep your cool because you can come across so many idiotic morons every day on the road. Today you can come across uneducated and uncultured guys with loads of notes driving like hell. If you ask these guys who taught him driving would emphatically say that they learned driving themselves and That is It.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks