Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2010, 07:23   #31
BHPian

Zaks,

Don't worry. Your brother will recover fully very soon. He has everyone's prayers.

As bblost posted in this thread, please buy him a good helmet.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 9th August 2010, 08:44   #32
Sandy!!!!

Hey Zaks, Wish your bro a speedy recovery.

Old 9th August 2010, 10:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that he is recovering well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
DUI, does make the insurance invalid.

Our prayers are with you all.
I am sure DUI does not have any impact on Medical Insurance which is what zaks wanted to know.
Old 9th August 2010, 18:24   #34
BHPian

Good to hear your bro is recovering without a surgical intervention.

Please ensure that he doesn't ride/drive for a minimum of 1 year as indicated by someone else as well. This is because during the recovery phase, patients tend to black out on occasions - last thing one would want to happen when driving/riding.

His Vehicle Insurance would surely go for a toss if it is established that he indeed was under the influence.

Medical insurance would in all probabilities stay intact and should provide cover - unless the cover explicitly excludes accidents arising out of DUI.

God bless and speedy recovery to him!
Old 9th August 2010, 18:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Good to know he is recovering. All the best to you and your family. He will pull through don't worry.
Old 9th August 2010, 18:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that he has regained consciousness. Wish him a speedy recovery.
Wearing a proper safety gear(at least a helmet) is important while riding a two wheeler.
Old 12th August 2010, 12:48   #37
BHPian

Zaks, hope your bro is doing well now.

Any update on Insurance claim?
Old 12th August 2010, 14:05   #38

Zaks, how is your brother doing?

This just reminds me of my family and my expereince
My mom also had an head injury due to an accident. We had a very bad experience, she was coming back from her walk and dont know what happened. She had an accident, fortunately this was at the end of our road and a vegetable vendor recognised her and informed us that she was lying on the road. There was blood in the her nostrils, we went to Bangalore Hospital there was a duty doctor as it was still 6:45 am. He just said this was a case of high BP, my sister is a doctor unfortunately is at US and could not help. However we called her up and told her about this, she tried talking to the doctor. She wanted an MRI to be done as there was blood in the nostrils and she was suspecting an head injury, the doctor kept on insisting it was just high BP. The doctor did not budge and then things got ugly, she insisted we can afford to waste money on a MRI. The doctor just shouted at her and said just because you are in US dont tell me what to do and what not, he also shouted at us and asked us to get out of the hospital. I know one bad apple does not mean the whole bunch is bad, I am not against Bangalore hospital. We did not want to fight it out as we were worried about my mom. We rushed to sagar apollo and there they also suspected it was an head injury and did an MRI. The MRI and CAT scan showed indeed there was a fracture and a clot. This was on the front part, we were told there could be a lot of personality changes. She took quite a long time to get back, even now she gets very tired. She still gets a lot of headaches. Sorry if it is , could not stop myself from adding this.

After this bad experience, my close friend had the same kind of head injury. He fell from his bike and hit a divider. A good helmet will really help also how many of us change our helmets after it has fallen down. A lot of helmets loose their strength after it has taken a hit. Correct if I am wrong
Old 12th August 2010, 15:06   #39
BHPian

Hi Zaks,

Good to hear that your brother is recovering. God bless. Do keep us posted on the developments.
Old 12th August 2010, 15:34   #40
BHPian

Good to here he is recovering.The prayers and wishes of BHPans works well.
Old 12th August 2010, 15:46   #41
BHPian

Dear Zaks,

Good to hear that he is improving. Insurance is minor compared to he getting on his feet with all his faculties intact.
Old 12th August 2010, 17:06   #42
BHPian

Sorry to hear about the incident, zaks! How is he now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
They say he has small fracture in his skull and small bleeding inside. So they are monitoring his status continually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
The good news is that the head injury is healing by itself and doesn't require any surgery.
Have they completely checked this out? AFAIK, internal bleeding in head could be very very dangerous. It may create problems even after 1-2 years. So I suggest you to request for all kinds of tests required to make sure there is nothing serious. (Scan, EEG, etc. - I am not sure - Also take help from our Doctors' thread).
Old 12th August 2010, 17:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
internal bleeding in head could be very very dangerous. It may create problems even after 1-2 years. So I suggest you to request for all kinds of tests required to make sure there is nothing serious. (Scan, EEG, etc. - I am not sure - Also take help from our Doctors' thread).
Sorry to hear about the accident and good to know your brother is recovering.

As nathan said, make sure everything is fine and be doubly sure. In accident cases there are chances of a specific problem neglected as there would be many issues to attend to at the same time.

And yeah let him not drive until he gets out the dizzy phase which is a norm after a head injury!

All the best!
Old 12th August 2010, 17:35   #44
BHPian

Zaks,

It really feels terrible to hear about the accident. May God give your brother a speedy recovery.
Old 13th August 2010, 07:35   #45
BANNED

Thanks you all for the concern, he will probably be discharged today. He had a fracture in the knee which has been operated upon and has 2 screws in place.
The doctors monitored the internal bleeding for two days and confirmed that it will heal by itself but they have asked not to subject the head to any sudden movements for some time. They said he should recover fine.

One careless mistake on the road leading to bodily injuries, loss of mobility for months and not to speak, financial and emotional turmoil.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks