Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2010, 12:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bangaloreans - Meter jam on 12th August

Say "No" to Autos & Taxis on 12th August 2010.

Lets support this genuine cause.

Meter Jam - Time to say NO!

Quote:
Because strikes need a strike back! We're tired of meter that always reads more than it should, drivers who refuse to ply and demand return fare whenever they want. And if all that wasn't enough, now we have to deal with strikes too, any time the 'unions' decide!

Everyone is holding the janta to ransom. How much more will we pay? It's time to turn the tables.
So on 12th August, shake your head and say NO if an auto driver offers a ride!

Last edited by dadu : 9th August 2010 at 12:15.
Old 9th August 2010, 12:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Great initiative. I am observing meter jam since last 4 years !!

On a serious note, I think meter jam should happen one day every week. Befits those scoundrels who overcharge us.
Old 9th August 2010, 13:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

Fully support this and would ensure nobody from house also takes an auto on that day.
They had clause in the earlier rise that until Gas prices do not go above Rs 45, they would not ask for a rise in the meter rates. God knows what happened to it.
Old 9th August 2010, 13:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

I don't think they will feel the pinch. There are always more customers than there are ricks, so the balance is still in their favour. Nice initiative though.
Old 9th August 2010, 14:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Fully support this and would ensure nobody from house also takes an auto on that day.
They had clause in the earlier rise that until Gas prices do not go above Rs 45, they would not ask for a rise in the meter rates. God knows what happened to it.
I remember one of the Auto union driver was questioned about this and he said, this 45 is including the oil and with oil it is 45.10 or something now

This is what he answered. Great na?
Old 9th August 2010, 14:25   #6
BHPian

Good inititiative, as Sachin said it should be once a week , its open loot in Bangalore.

Is there any email thread which can be used to circulate around?
Old 9th August 2010, 14:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

This is very much needed and it should happen regularly.

If people are aware of Basavanagar area, from old airport road(hal museum/police station) to the Basavanagar bus stop its less then a km and since bmtc bus connect is not that frequent compared to the old airport people tend to take a rick and alarmingly the rick guys charge 15 per person and during peak hours they take atleast couple at a time and am sure now they would be charging 20bucks..

Add to the mess most of them wont have license and an sure the cops are well aware of it! this is been happening for many years and people who dont have vehicles and the older people are the once who suffer a lot!

ohh i forgot if its raining those prices tend to go up as expected
Old 9th August 2010, 15:40   #8
mkh
Senior - BHPian

I completely favour this and also offer ride to folks who need one,wonder how can i get the message across? Needless to say the ride will be home-office and free
Old 9th August 2010, 15:56   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
I completely favour this and also offer ride to folks who need one,wonder how can i get the message across?
Go to their site meterjam.com. They have tools to spread the message via Facebook, Tweeter, email etc.
Old 9th August 2010, 21:57   #10
BHPian

My Ex Company's Cab Driver sold his Indica and brought 2nd hand Auto and he once said to me, he makes around 1k per day (approx) excluding all fuel and other charges....well they all do and we all know how? there are some good ppl amongst them, but most of them are rude and cunning.

I have already registered and I hate the way they drive on road :(
Old 9th August 2010, 22:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post
he makes around 1k per day (approx) excluding all fuel and other charges....well they all do and we all know how? there are some good ppl amongst them, but most of them are rude and cunning.

I have already registered and I hate the way they drive on road :(

1k per day= 30k/month. That is more or less equal to the salary of a fresh B.E graduate!!

This guy makes me feel I am wasting 4 precious years of life pursuing engineering
Old 10th August 2010, 00:19   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post
My Ex Company's Cab Driver sold his Indica and brought 2nd hand Auto and he once said to me, he makes around 1k per day (approx) excluding all fuel and other charges....well they all do and we all know how? there are some good ppl amongst them, but most of them are rude and cunning.
Pardon me but this is not possible or he is very lucky. I know a few auto guys in Bangalore itself and they say that they have to pay 150 to the owner daily, then there is oiling, greasing and fuel daily costs 150 bucks usually and whatever they make on top of that is theirs. I am not saying you are lying or something, but, you might have been misinformed, or he has sold his indica and got 2 autos.
But if am wrong then so be it.
Another thing with this initiative is that even if all the internet savy guys are opting for boycott and spreading the news amongst but I am afraid the percentage to whom the message will not reach is huge. The percentage of people who know and choose to ignore is higher.
May be the auto drivers might have an average business day if not a good one. And for one day, that might not hurt.
But participation is must and congratulations to all those are going to do it. I too will not rent autos here

Last edited by prince_pervez : 10th August 2010 at 00:21.
Old 10th August 2010, 00:59   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Pardon me but this is not possible or he is very lucky. I know a few auto guys in Bangalore itself and they say that they have to pay 150 to the owner daily, then there is oiling, greasing and fuel daily costs 150 bucks usually and whatever they make on top of that is theirs. I am not saying you are lying or something, but, you might have been misinformed, or he has sold his indica and got 2 autos.
But if am wrong then so be it.
Another thing with this initiative is that even if all the internet savy guys are opting for boycott and spreading the news amongst but I am afraid the percentage to whom the message will not reach is huge. The percentage of people who know and choose to ignore is higher.
May be the auto drivers might have an average business day if not a good one. And for one day, that might not hurt.
But participation is must and congratulations to all those are going to do it. I too will not rent autos here
pervez, may be its true may be its not....but most of them here in bangalore do not go by meter, even for a short distance they ask "one and half", "20 or 50 over the meter", and sometimes they rip you with modified meters, they dont give change when you get down.... i strongly feel they do make around 800-1000 a day by doing all these....b/w autos run on LPG which is just Rs. 1 per KM and if the auto guy is driver cum owner he saves his daily rent.
Old 10th August 2010, 01:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

There will be a huge chunk of people who rely on autos for their daily commute, and they won't be willing to stay away from their routine.So even if 80% of the public sticks to the 'strike', the pinch will be felt.
Old 10th August 2010, 10:38   #15
BHPian

good Auto drivers make around 1000-1300 per day after expense, know a few

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks