Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2014, 00:51   #61
BHPian

Re: The Antics of BMTC's Bus drivers, and what's being done to curb them

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Do not give space to Volvo, trust me its just a scare tactics, hold your ground and they would not run over you.
+1 to Sumannandy. I learnt this the hard way. I always give way where I am sure there is plenty. Else, I try to ensure that I am exactly in the centre of my lane. A little space to them, & they will easily carve a new lane for themselves.
gearedup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2014, 07:07   #62
BHPian

While I am driving in Bangalore for 14+years, and all the time negotiating with stupid two wheelers, auto drivers, tata aces and bmtc buses(now days even many cars, that too with team-BHP stickers) one can imagine, what would be bmtc driver is going through. With such huge vehicle, and low pickup and so many idiotic drivers, I don't think he has an option. Specifically considering that he do has timing to meet. One way to improving is, formally complaining to authorities. Two examples in near past, one in silk board junction and another one near forum, few of my friends continued to file complaints with BTP and BMTC officials, the parking of the bmtc buses improved a lot in last one month. So many of us, who spend time in complaining and suggesting on various forums, also needs to go online to BTP and call BMTC and complain. Only way to improve, else the number pages this thread will increase without any improvement.

Last edited by manjubp : 16th February 2014 at 07:10.
manjubp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 08:37   #63
Senior - BHPian

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/32166171.cms

Driver throws 23-year-old out of moving BMTC bus

Quote:
In an incident somewhat reminiscent of Delhi's Nirbhaya case of Dec 2012, a BMTC driver allegedly pushed a 23-year-old Haryana student out of a moving bus after allegedly molesting and verbally abusing her in the early hours of Friday.

He has since been arrested by police. The driver, on probation, was allegedly drunk when the incident took place. He had also been involved in a similar offence in 2012.
Old 17th March 2014, 08:43   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/32166171.cms Driver throws 23-year-old out of moving BMTC bus
If he was already convicted once in a molesting case, why was he still in service? The depot in charge who promised the girl that driver would drop her alone in a seperate bus stop should also be suspended IMO.
Old 17th March 2014, 09:09   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the student landed at Bangalore City railway station around midnight from Chandigarh. She went to Kempegowda bus station to catch a bus to her relative's house in Padmanabhanagar, south Bangalore.
While the law takes its course on this case, I feel the lady was wrongly advised. Though BMTC claim they run night services, I would rather spend night at the railway waiting room than scout for bus post 12AM.
Old 17th March 2014, 11:39   #66
BHPian

The same issue persists even in Chennai. The most common nuisance being - The Public Buses don't stop in the Bays intended for them. Instead, they stop in the middle of the road, that too immediately after a traffic light. Just imagine the chaos when the light turns red and the opposite side turns green!!

On probable reason is due to the fact that the Share-Autos occupy the space intended for the Public Buses and eventually they are forced to halt in the middle of road. Even otherwise there are lazy bus drivers who want to save the task of halting in the bay and then steer towards joining the main stream, hence opt to stand in the middle!! even though the bay is empty.
Old 22nd May 2014, 14:02   #67
BHPian

Perfect thread. You need to have a dedicated thread to describe the antics of these morons. I think the post count will exponentially increase with time.

These BMTC drivers are law unto themselves. Particularly the Volvo guys. Today I observed a Volvo overtaking another one which was parked at a bus-stop and stopping in such an angle that it was blocking the traffic and the other bus (which was his main intention). And this is not an isolated incident.

The driver did not even bother that he was inconveniencing other road users.

I don't think anything is being done to curb them. I haven't observed any traffic police stopping them because of their reckless driving.
Auswechseln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 15:48   #68
BHPian

+1^^

Perfect thread to discuss on such antics and also how should we deal with them.

Being a Delhiite and living in Bangalore for around 2.5 years, one major thing I observed is that there is no lane system in Bangalore. Tata ace, auto drivers, trucks and buses of all dimensions move everywhere without indicators or hand signals. Cab drivers give hand signals or indicators but they take a turn without looking in their OVRMs properly unless you honk with full pace.

That was the main reason I put VW-Bosch pressure horn in my Ritz!

If lane system gets implemented then these buses, two wheelers and HMVs will move on the left most lane, autos and aces in the middle lane and rightmost lane will be reserved for cars. Fingers crossed! Bangalore roads have improved, now its high time to get this lane system in place
Old 10th November 2014, 14:51   #69
BHPian

This is from Kanelli jn on Sarjapur road, after Wipro corporate office. 3 BMTC buses occupying both the lanes on the road.
And yes, stopped to let people down. The entire road is blocked. They certainly are a privileged lot.
Attached Thumbnails
The Antics of BMTC's Bus drivers, and what's being done to curb them-img_20141110_111130.jpg  

Last edited by glenmz : 10th November 2014 at 14:52.
Old 21st November 2014, 13:16   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

These days BMTC drivers are no less than bullys. They honk to glory until you clear way for them to jump a signal. Hence whenever I am in the car and I have a BMTC driver honking at the back of my car, he sees my special finger. Has worked out to be quite effective. They usually dont know what it means, and they take some time off to think what it was. Problem solved. Its just horrible when these people think they rule the streets. Once upon a time I had a soft corner for them since they would be stuck in the traffic and yet they need to stick to the schedules. But now, I can safely claim that along with autorickshaws and cabbies, BMTC buses together are more than 75% responsible for Bangalores horrible traffic condition.
Old 21st November 2014, 13:56   #71
BANNED

I believe BMTC has a good complaint mechanism and complaints made to their contact center and with proofs are taken very seriously. I wish they were on FB, but since they are not we should capture them in action and raise a complaint.
These drivers are roaming around carefree because no one who is inconvenienced takes the time to complain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks