Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2011, 20:47   #331
BHPian

Re: Story of Pajero Theft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Man this guy is crazy about Pajero's or what??

Doesn't he see any money on Endeavours, fortuners etc.
I find it rather boring stealing the same kind of vehicle again and again

Anyways, I don't think Nusrat is going to be caught any day. One day we will probably see a "Nusrat carwaale" used car showroom with a specialization on "Pajeroes"
Old 10th March 2011, 21:05   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabombay View Post
Another Pajero belonging to an MLA stolen from Powai
Pajero of an MLA stolen?? It's sure the suspect has more political connections than the MLA would have or maybe he didn't know whose vehicle he was preying on! Who knows this may bring his "hunting" to an end. Good luck Gtabombay.
Old 10th March 2011, 22:04   #333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcars View Post
Who knows this may bring his "hunting" to an end.
Look at some posts back. A police guys relative got his vehicle flicked but was returned once the owner was reported to be a connected guy to the thief. A similar course might be taken here too.
Old 10th March 2011, 22:16   #334
BHPian

Man, This is one hell of a thread. From last one hour or so, I'm searching every page of the thread for your post and reading it. I'm happy that I'm late to this thread as I could read so many posts at once. I'd have died of curiosity had I followed your thread from day 1. Sad part is that the hunt has still not come to an end which I expected as I'm already late to the thread. The episode can become plot for a great thriller movie, you are the hero. I'm not making fun or anything but expressing myself.

These things aside, sorry to hear about your pajero theft, you have all our good wishes. Being in another city, I'm scared of this thief and his modus operandi. Hats off to your patience, courage and time you are taking in the whole thing. Whatever you plan, take enough safety measures.

Quote:
I want to use a Pajero or Scorpio as a bait but two conditions have to be met :

1. I need an alert (SMS) when the lock is pulled. Unfortunately the ' door open ' indicator, which could have been used as a trigger, does not come on when the lock is removed. Any ideas on this one? Anyone?

2. The vehicle needs to be immobilised , so that it cannot be taken away with the duplicate key. To some extent this can be done with available devices.

I want to get a new Pajero, but I am not all comfortable with this guy still roaming around Mumbai. The Petra, meanwhile, is giving me tremendous peace of mind.

I would like to go with a private detective. But have not much of an idea whether they take up such cases or what they might charge.
Did you get a solution to the above(I only read your posts, so do not know if you already received solutions from fellow TeamBHPians)? I have two solutions for the first part assuming that what you mean is removing the whole lock assembly out of the door(door is not opened, but just the lock assembly is removed to make a duplicate key for later use). Let me know if this assumption is right and I'll post my ideas.

For the second scenario, I understand that you already have some ideas.
Old 13th March 2011, 09:08   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Man this guy is crazy about Pajero's or what??

Doesn't he see any money on Endeavours, fortuners etc.
That's probably because his expertise lies in stealing Pajeros and he may have keys or sets of keys or probably some setup to make Pajero keys on the fly. The fact that the Pajero does not have an immobilizer and ECU based security makes it easier still.

Other cars have immobiliers and thats what makes them relatively harder to steal in terms of getting through more wiring or procuring a duplicate etc. I assume Pajero is the most expensive car in the market without the immobilisers. Stealing one of these will give higher returns than stealing a number of smaller ones.

Recently I looked at some car theft stats for a number of countries and it was reported that there was a 60% drop in thefts in car models fitted with immobilisers.
Old 13th March 2011, 11:03   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperone View Post
Recently I looked at some car theft stats for a number of countries and it was reported that there was a 60% drop in thefts in car models fitted with immobilisers.
This percentage could further be higher only if people know about the immobilizer deactivation code and change that after they get their vehicle fitted with the device. That would make stealing vehicles further difficult, if not impossible.

Ideally the showroom staff or the after-market installation staff should inform and teach about the changing of code, like they do for other features. But, as many have pointed out, some of these may themselves be the part of the 'gangs' .
Old 15th March 2011, 18:00   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

The last operation was a great disappointment . We were very close. The target is now more alert, but has not fled. This guy is not going to stop because the money is too good -- we got to know he deposits average 70-80k cash every day in his accounts.

Another Pajero belonging to an MLA stolen from Powai, watchman has identified Nasrat from photo. The thefts are on the rise.
You might want to report him to the Income Tax authorities too. 70-80k per day of cash deposits would mean a substantial tax liability, and I'm quite certain that he would not be an honest tax payer. Perhaps, the complaint might also result in blocking his bank account. Hope it helps.
Old 15th March 2011, 18:16   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
You might want to report him to the Income Tax authorities too. 70-80k per day of cash deposits would mean a substantial tax liability, and I'm quite certain that he would not be an honest tax payer. Perhaps, the complaint might also result in blocking his bank account. Hope it helps.
Thats a good idea. I'm sure these fellas would pay tax at all. Put the IT dept too behind him.

He is withdrawing money from the ATM's, any particular pattern in terms of which ATM's he is using(same bank, different banks?), area. Sameway where are the deposits happening? same branches? I think most ATM's have video surveillance now, any use of them so far?

-Vinay.
Old 15th March 2011, 20:19   #339
Senior - BHPian

Ok, now even if he gets arrested - how long do you think he will last there till he is free to roam the streets and be a general nuisance?

I do wish you luck in reaching your objective
Old 15th March 2011, 20:36   #340
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Hmm, that has a historical precedence too. The 1930s mafia kingpin Al Capone could not be caught through usual police work because most of the law enforcement officers were in his payroll, including judges.

Finally it was the income evasion that caught up with Al Capone and resulted in his arrest. I guess he hadn't thought of bribing any IRS fellows.
Old 16th March 2011, 22:28   #341
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

One of my uncles bought a brand new Pajero a month back. Got to warn him of these Pajero thefts. Although we live on east coast, you never know. BTW, Pajero in two-tone colour scheme is one hell of a looker. I took it for a spin around town and it sure is an eye-ball catcher. I was like "ek din ka baadshah".
Old 17th March 2011, 19:35   #342
BHPian

@gtabombay

Waiting for updates from your side, please keep posting mate.

Stay safe!
Old 17th March 2011, 20:27   #343
BHPian

Sorry for your loss - @gtabombay
I feel really bad for not visiting the forum enough and missing out on good information.

I admire your perseverance.
It requires a tough mind to do that.
Not all of us will go to such lengths to ensure an evil person is nabbed. But those who do, make a difference in this world in their own small ways.

God bless you dear.
I wish you success in your endeavors.

I am waiting to hear that this person is nabbed and behind the bars.
And some good guy in Police department is making sure he stays there.

Last edited by girlieonwheels : 17th March 2011 at 20:28.
Old 25th March 2011, 18:20   #344
BHPian

@gtabombay,

Its been a while mate. I am guessing things are moving up in the hopeful direction. Take care, and please do make some post. I am sure along with me, lot of other TBHPians are eagerly looking forward to your posts.

Cheers!
Old 27th March 2011, 22:08   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Dude , if he so fixed up with police ,What makes you think that police will not give information about you to him ? . He just needs to spend few thousands to get to you out of his way ! .Not worth .If you are doing ,don't keep police in loop. They are not trust able .Outsource the work ,instead of taking head on.Be anonymous. Even if some new Tbhp member asks for your address or phone number don't give !.You know who it could be ?
if you read the original posts it is clear that the thief already had access to GTA's full name, banking details, licence, possible home address..etc through his wallet. That information itself is sufficient in his hands to cause great threat to GTA. I believe GTA is well resourced and connected to avoid any mishap. Good luck and stay safe.

Last edited by pamiboy : 27th March 2011 at 22:10.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks