Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2011, 11:55   #211
BHPian

Re: Story of Pajero Theft

Picture this :

You park your car in an authorized parking lot in a congested market, no parking attendant is in sight. You decide to go shopping or running your errands thinking you will pay for the parking once you get back. Few minutes later a tow truck arrives on the scene and tows away your vehicle. No bystander utters a word, since it looks like one of the usual cases of towing. You come back look for your car. No one knows where your car is. No one saw it.

You go to the nearest Police Station to register your complaint or look for your vehicle. You are asked to produce a parking slip. Er, you don't have it. It takes days to register a simple FIR. By that time, your car could have reached the other end of the country.

This mafia happily operates in West Delhi. Question is, can they do so without the blessings of the local cops?

If you are visiting Rajouri Garden Market, NEVER park your car in an unauthorised parking. In an authorised parking, insist on a parking slip.

Slightly off-topic, but hope this highlights one of the operating styles of the carlifting mafia, namely, Robbery in Broad Daylight.

@gtabombay, may you be successful in your endeavour to recover your beloved vehicle.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 11th February 2011 at 12:30.
Old 11th February 2011, 12:07   #212
BHPian

Really sorry to hear about the theft and the non recovery of the vehicle.

DId the cops cathc the thief? you had an account number you traced the transactions slip to.

truly a revetting adventure!
Old 11th February 2011, 12:57   #213

This is a thriller! I hope has a happy ending.

Your thread has got me worrying. As of now, my car is parked more than 2000 Km away, all alone... I hope she is safe! fingers crossed!
Old 11th February 2011, 13:10   #214

Dear GTABOMBAY,

Hats off to you tenacity, I just wish that you finally be awarded for the investigation you did.
Keeping such a courage is really commendable. I wish that you find the Vehicle the way you wanted.
With regards and all the good luck for further investigation.
Old 11th February 2011, 13:53   #215
BHPian

Hi GTABombay - Your name is apt as it can be. Grand Theft Auto in Bombay. It is an absolute daylight robbery. I wish to highlight the fact that no matter what safety systems we install (CCTV et al), unless there is cooperation from the cops, nothing will happen (once the car is stolen). I'm feeling very sad about this whole incident. Parting with a car for most of us here is very difficult and I'm sorry for you.

However, even after all this has happened, I'm very happy to note that you are still pursuing the guy and your car. Like you mentioned, I suggest you maintain low profile hereafter and share less info with the cops. Keep your tracking going and when the time is right, inform the top top and let them take over after this.

I'm quite concerned and suggest you take care of your and your dependant's lives.

We should send out a message - Basic security systems like Rolling code engine immobiliser should be made mandatory hereafter.
Old 11th February 2011, 15:00   #216
BHPian

First of all - I am really sorry about your loss. This thread has been really educative and would at least help prevent or deter thefts to some extent all over the country or atleast lead to well safeguarded cars of bhp-ians.
I assume you are well connected or have greased a lot of palms to get where you are right now on the investigative front, but I would advise you to take all safety measures and do not ever compromise on your or your family's safety. Everything else can follow. This guy seems to be politically connected as well.
The cops would let him out in a day even if you get him arrested.

Ajmal Kasab is still living happily in a Jail after what all he did. Compare the magnitudes of his & Nasrat's crime and make your choice. Not discouraging you as we all highly appreciate your determination and grit.

On a lighter note - you seem to have developed a rapport(not getting the right word, hope you get it) kind of thing with this Nasrat Ali; as one usually sees in Cops & Robbers Movies. You seem to know him well now. Please do not get offended by what I just said.
Old 11th February 2011, 15:04   #217
BHPian

@gtabombay
I just finished reading all the 15 pages of this thread now. I am disappointed about whatever has happened. I really appreciate your enthusiasm and courage. I don't want you to give up on this case ever. Hoping that the culprit is caught in this life and he is spanked hard.

Last edited by Samurai : 11th February 2011 at 16:33. Reason: don't use profanity
Old 11th February 2011, 15:31   #218
BHPian

@ spacescreamer- I don't want gta to get bogged down by this criminal in anyway! And I'm sure that he would not.
But, its utmost important that this dangerous criminal does not harm him more! My previous post was a quick warning that how even petty criminals can irritate the hell out of you and pose a threat to our lives.

And of course we all here appreciate and support his courageous efforts but I don't think we can help much in emergencies. One has to rely on his own self defense techniques/arms etc in such situations, even special contacts in police take time to reach and help.

GTA, take a couple of days off, head to Goa and relax!! On coming back if you still think that you should bring Mr N to justice- bribe the cops and just hunt him down!! Good luck brother

Those involved in court cases know how the Indian Judiciary system works. Even magistrates can be bought easily, just contact the top lawyers they have all teh contacts.

@Sinner666- completely agree with you. The more dangerous criminal you are, the more royal treatment you get at your so called jails!!

Last edited by Zappo : 4th May 2011 at 17:00. Reason: No back to back posts please
Old 11th February 2011, 16:23   #219
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Although there is nothing new in the law-enforcement working hand-in-glove with the criminals, the whole incidence is extremely frustrating.

The possibility of recovering the vehicle is remote now, but at least the guilty need to be brought to justice (or at least should learn some lesson, like being thrashed in police custody for few days). There is enough in terms of investigation and concrete leads that is already present. In my opinion, sadly in our great country, even the will to take action based on concrete leads comes from connections and clout. There should be few TBHPians based out of Mumbai, who might want to stick their neck out and use their connections to help this gentleman reach a few layers up in the hierarchy (either in Police or in ruling party).
I personally have a strong dislike for using connections for getting things done, but many-a-times when the other side's network is strong, using even bigger connections might be the only way to get justice (or any sorry resemblance of it).

PS : GTABombay, sorry for your loss. Appreciate your spirit and never-say-die attitude.

Last edited by SDP : 11th February 2011 at 16:26.
Old 11th February 2011, 16:47   #220
BHPian

Hey Gta! good news.. i read in the papers day before, pune police has managed to nab a gang which were involved in stealing as many as 80 SUV's from in n around pune. Would suggest that you take it up with your police station and find out if they have any clue about your car! They have a few cars in pune if i remember rite. But time to call your cop station for sure!!
Old 11th February 2011, 16:48   #221
BHPian

I hope your sincere efforts result in you reuniting with your beloved vehicle. You knew some higher-ups in the investigation. This, combined with your iron will led you to know what you know now.

Is there ANY kind of mark that can be used to uniquely identify your vehicle. I have seen not one, but two Purple Pajeros in the last two days, one was HR26 & the other was UP16 200X. Sorry for no pics as I was on the highway & just couldn't keep up with them.
Old 11th February 2011, 18:52   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Although there is nothing new in the law-enforcement working hand-in-glove with the criminals, the whole incidence is extremely frustrating.

The possibility of recovering the vehicle is remote now, but at least the guilty need to be brought to justice (or at least should learn some lesson, like being thrashed in police custody for few days).

PS : GTABombay, sorry for your loss. Appreciate your spirit and never-say-die attitude.
Forgive my generalisation please, however India my friend is a nation of apathetic bystanders. When we see a wrong being perpetrated, we bury our heads in the sand like an ostrich and hope such misfortune shall not befall us. At best we mouth platitudes and empty words of support. Believe me I have witnessed this first hand in my spat with a family member of a member of the political class who was trying to run me out of my house - simply because he coveted the property .

Fact of the matter is when numbers start piling up and an issue starts snowballing then ONLY the press wakes up. When finally the press wakes up and the proverbial waste material starts hitting the fan, the powers that be wake up too. This is the reason why I had in my first post asked if the moderators could think of highlighting the issue to the members of the fourth estate and work towards building some official momentum for the resolution of this issue.
Old 11th February 2011, 19:45   #223
BHPian

I've been seeing this thread in the Hot List for last couple of days but never bothered to open..
My feet are cold while reading through the entire thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabombay View Post
These days I am keeping a very low profile -- even avoiding my presence in any Police Station.
This would be very much needed and the last thing we would want to hear is about an attack from this villain on you!

and I guess you should restrict yourself on writing certain things on the investigation here as it could seriously affect the investigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabombay View Post
I hope soon a final chapter can be written.
Good luck!
Old 11th February 2011, 21:06   #224
BHPian

Dear gta, Thank you for taking pain and writing this post. Once again it reminds us that at the turn of 21st Century (India Shining) that the system we live in is only a eyewash. We are mesmerized, when we watch holly-wood movies and see the functioning and efficiency of the uniformed. We must remember that the system we live in is run only by influence and money. It's a replica of the 'wild west' as some one has mentioned it previously, but in disguise of a 'system'.

The more we don't have to involve with them (uniformed) the better, but the fact is crimes do happen and we have to.

Largest democracy in the world surely cannot necessarily boast of a civilised society/system as well. We might be decades away from a clean and honest system we dream of. But nevertheless the dreams do come true, we must keep trying.

Your efforts towards the investigation are commendable, but as anshul said, safety of self and family is of prime importance. Getting the thug behind bars for a day or two (bearing in mind the functioning of the system and given the moolah he makes of the profession) won't be worth the compromise on safety.YOU have proved your point.
Old 11th February 2011, 21:30   #225
BHPian

GTA Bombay: SALUTE SALUTE SALUTE!

Regret with you and feel sorry for what you have been through. Also at our sad state of affairs and the attitude and mindset of few (bad) people. I really sensed your emotions when you said your pajero might be running somewhere.

Just hoping that you feel alright and get over this soon - and help live your life to the fullest.

What you are doing through this forum, appreciate that and believe us you have made many aware of some things which would definitely help create awareness among many others and help.

I would say life is short, move on and live your life. Do not waste your time and your precious life on to these criminals - they are not worth it and we cant change them as well. If you somehow get an end to this character, some others will come and take the place, dont want to discourage you, my suggestion is mainly to say please move on!

AND you really have a great narration skills, positive attitude (from your messages) and sherlock homes lying within you - KUDOS!

regards,
narayanang76
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks