Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2011, 22:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: A minor miracle : Left two cell phones on the boot for 1.5 kms!

You must be a gentle driver then.

For my style of driving, the phone we would have seen some smart-phone-chutney in the middle of the road.
Old 10th March 2011, 02:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

A miracle indeed. God is truly backing you.
You really must be one heck of a smooth operator, 1.5 kms is a long distance.

Since luck.is on your side, which way is the stock market headed? Should i buy or sell?
Old 10th March 2011, 09:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
You must be a gentle driver then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
You really must be one heck of a smooth operator, 1.5 kms is a long distance.
As I said, I was with my wife and 20 months old daughter - had to be sedate :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Since luck.is on your side, which way is the stock market headed? Should i buy or sell?
:-)
Old 11th March 2011, 20:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I once forgot to roll up my windows and locked the remote car in the night. I had a Garmin and someother personal items in the car. The remote lock beeps might have given me the warning but I was too tired to notice or remember the beeps.
Next day morning to my horror I saw the windows rolled down with the GPS and AUX wires, papers intact. I thanked the Lord.
once I went down only to see my van open in public view. my son has pushed the remote open button for the read hatch door of the minivan from inside the house. Since then I ensure that my keys are always out of reach from the kids.
Old 11th March 2011, 21:19   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I first thought that you had left the phones inside the boot.
Couldn't believe that it was on top the the boot.
You must thank God for guarding over your two phones and also making the motorist to see the phones and bring the same to your notice.
Well, made it more clear with your ride. The Manza with the Cadillac style boot makes up a good and flat surface. Any other cars and it would have fallen off when you bumped into the Esteem.
So anyone still cribbing over the Manza rear design?
Old 11th March 2011, 22:17   #21
BHPian

You sure were lucky in this case.

Loved the humour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
In the hindsight, that bump with Esteem was probably a signal from automobile-God: "Idiot get down and see what you have kept on the boot" but I didn't pay heed to that ;-)

\N
Old 11th March 2011, 23:26   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Its not the bumps, but the curves in roads that make things fall off from boot.

During college days, while on a trip to Athirapilli Falls(Chalakudi), we left a backpack on the boot of our Opel Astra, got in and drove off.. but then, as the things we were doing inside the car (not mentionable in tbhp ) needed very slow and sedate style of driving, the bag was there on the boot, even after 15 kms!!!.. (Chalakudi, to Athirapilli)

Not always the bread falls on the buttered side.

Last edited by dhanushs : 11th March 2011 at 23:29.
Old 12th March 2011, 04:30   #23
BHPian

That reminds me an incident happened in Coimbatore about 12 years back. Me and couple of my friends were all set for a dinner and one of my friend took his M800. On our way, we got refuelled the car and as we drove over 4 Kms, another two wheeler fellow was pointing his finger to the top of the car. When we parked to the side and looked at the top, it was the Fuel Tank Cap!
Old 17th March 2011, 22:55   #24
BHPian

Similar incident happened with me on the evening of my wedding! After the "Sehra-Bandi" at my home, we were supposed to leave for the wedding venue. With the heavy sherwani and all the other stuff on myself (mukut, garlands and what not), while getting into the passenger seat of the car I put my pagdi on the roof, since I was unable to get in with that thing on my head. And then I promptly forgot about it.

About 4-5 kms down the road, one of my friends from one of the cars which were following us came running down on a traffic light, and handed over the pagdi to me.

We had a good laugh and it soothed my nerves a bit!
Old 12th April 2011, 20:55   #25
BHPian

Wow! What a LUCK!

BTW: You made me dig this out! Roof Coffee Cup

Quite cool prank!
Old 13th April 2011, 13:06   #26
BHPian

That should have been an awesome experience for you, it also shows how safe driver you are, since the phone where still in the boot after driving for 1.5 kms.

Sometimes god is really kind too.
Old 13th April 2011, 13:37   #27
BHPian

In this age where people get mugged for cellphones and wallets, you are too lucky a person to have them still with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
I first thought that you had left the phones inside the boot.
Couldn't believe that it was on top the the boot.
Me too thought the same first. Probably you can give a clearer title to the thread; like
'A minor miracle : Left two cell phones OVER the boot LID for 1.5 kms!'
Old 13th April 2011, 13:46   #28
BHPian

You Bet Nitin, that's one crazy incident. Two cell phones on the Boot and no one flicked it, that's unbelievable.

Here's what I faced the other day. It was one fine sunday morning, when we planned to have a Team-BHP Drive Meet. As usual, following a modified version of IST, I was following HST (Hyderabad Standard Time, where in 2 minutes can aso mean 2 hours or 2 days or anything).

With a few calls and SMSes, I was on the way to the Meet. Had to withdraw money from the ATM, parked the car near the ATM and closed the windows and rushed inside the ATM to withdraw money.

Inserted my card and punched in my PIN number & required amount just to realize that I left the left window open, with my hardly two days old LG Optimus One attached to my GPS holder and HTC Touch lying on the dash. It was a moment, where in I was split into half, neither can I stop the transaction and rush out nor could I do anything.

I felt so stupid about myself that day, that I make it a point to look towards my right and left before embarking from my car.
Old 13th April 2011, 15:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

After you mentioned your window incident. It reminded me of a time when i had got the car back from service. The windows were really clean, i had rolled them down just outside our society gate to say hello to someone, the ac was still on. So after parking i switched off the ac and locked up the car. But forgot to roll up my driver's side window.
I had my gps device still stuck to the windshield and a few other valuables and important papers in the car. So later in the night, quite late actually our watchman whom i shared a good rapport came up to our apartment to inform me of the same. I rushed down to close the window and check all valuables. Everything was in place. Boy am i glad our favourite watchman noticed this before anyone else did. Yeah i did feel truly lucky that night.
Folks on the road might think i am nuts or have major OCD when they see my tap both front windows to make sure they are up. But luckily have figured out a better way to confirm whether they are up, so wont end up looking looney anymore. LOL!
Stay lucky!
Drive safe!
Old 3rd July 2011, 19:17   #30
BHPian

Strange that I came across this thread today. Had something similar happen to me just some hours back.
My father had left the car umbrella on top of the bonnet. I drove the car from Nerul to Vashi ( ~ 9 km) touching 80+ speeds without realizing that there was an umbrella right in front of the passenger side seat. In fact, I did not figure it out until I stepped out of the car to give it the valet (who also missed it ).
But then it was just an umbrella - one with a lavender flowery pattern (yeah, I know. Don't ask ) not something expensive like a cell phone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks