Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2011, 23:47   #1
BHPian

Mumbai gets first Lamborghini dealer

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion on the Lamborghini Mumbai Launch thread. Thanks

Quote:
Lamborghini has appointed Autohangar as its dealer in Mumbai to boost its presence in the financial capital of the country. Autohangar which is also the largest Mercedes dealer in the city will set up a dedicated Lamborghini showroom in either Worli or a south Mumbai location by the end of this year. Until now, the legendary sports car maker sold its cars in India through a sole distributor, delhi-based Exclusive Motors.
However, with the arrival of rivals like Ferrari, Maserati and Aston Martin in 2011, Lamborghini is keen to have a stronger footprint on the sub-continent and has decided appoint an additional dealer. While Exclusive Motors will continue to serve customers in North India, Autohangar will look after Western India. However, it is not clear how the two dealers will share other territories in the rest of the country. In the long term, Lamborghini, will to set up its own National Sales Company (NSC) in India, especially since its parent, the VW Group, has established a strong presence in India and can effectively support the group brands. Porsche, which was acquired by the VW Group in 2010 will also have its own NSC in India under the VW umbrella.
Lamborghini is also re-looking at its pricing strategy for India and it’s likely that the company could price its cars aggressively to compete more effectively with Ferrari. Hence, Lamborghinis are likely to be less expensive in the near future. According to company sources, Lamborghini has given a special allocation to India of 8-10 Aventadors and there is already a queue of Indian buyers who are willing to fork out Rs. 4 crore a pop for Lamborghini’s 700bhp supercar.
Source: Autocar Mumbai gets first Lambo dealer | Autocar India

Last edited by GTO : 26th April 2012 at 16:04. Reason: Adding link to launch thread
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2011, 15:36   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mumbai gets first Lamborghini dealer

Excellent news, Thanks for sharing! Mariwala must be very happy, he was looking for a premium franchise since ages now.

Autohangar has always provided outstanding after-sales service quality to the Mercs in my family & friends circle. This could be a key advantage over Porsche & Ferrari, both of whom are sold / serviced by the Shreyans group. I can tell you that Shreyans offers a generally disgusting level of customer service, and the list of complaining Porsche owners runs super long.

If anyone can put up a fight to Ferrari, it's Lamborghini. Let the games begin!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2011, 17:50   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

This is great news! Best part is the competition effect has resulted in price correction even in this segment that is least price sensitive.
Old 23rd April 2011, 19:18   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Excellent news, Thanks for sharing! Mariwala must be very happy, he was looking for a premium franchise since ages now.
Umm sorry but who's Mariwala?

I have always heard from my friends too that Autohangar provides good service. Also it's nice to see many such international companies entering Mumbai eg: Aston Martin, Ferrari, Maserati and now Lambo!
Let's see how their customer base increases by launching this dealership.
Also the people who currently own Lambos in Mumbai would be quite delighted to get authorised A.S.S nearby because AFAIK Lamborghini has only 1 dealer currently i.e. in Delhi.
Old 23rd April 2011, 23:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If anyone can put up a fight to Ferrari, it's Lamborghini. Let the games begin!
, I knew of this information from quite a while, but due to it not being formal kept mum.

The games have begun but at a slow pace for now, the actual games would begin only next year when all the players are on the field. The smaller yet more dominent players, who would reap alot of benifiet would be Aston Martin and Maserati, solely due to their priceing of the base variants.
Lamborghini has allready had and continues to have great support from the customers, while Ferrari yet has to make an impact. The dealer for Ferrari and Maserati does not exactly do a good job with the sales he has. I know on three counts and one is just two months old. So all i can pray for is he does justice to the poor souls who would be buying these cars from him. I know i would not and that is why i have stayed away from Porsche too and now even though i love the Maserati's i would not be buying one till the Dealership is with him.
The best thing to come out of all the car manufactures being available in India and under cutting to sell, is the second hand market for these cars. Prices have allready started showing a downward trend and in the months to come, they would be at realistic values.
Old 24th April 2011, 00:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Has ferrari announced where its showroom will be located?I guess it will be a joint ferrari-maserati showroom?

So a Lambo showroom,lucky mumbaikars fancy a glimpse of Aventador on the way to the workplace!
Old 24th April 2011, 00:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai is probably the supercar capital of India now. Lately, the city has seen a number of new supercars on road. Many of them have not been snapped yet but trust me there are many. All major players will have their showrooms here - Aston Martin, Bentley, Ferrari-Maserati, Lamborghini, Porsche, Rolls Royce! And the best thing is all lie in the Worli-Kemps corner circle.
Old 25th April 2011, 15:06   #8
BHPian

Good news.
Future of professionals in Auto industry looks brighter than ever.
Old 25th April 2011, 16:47   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Umm sorry but who's Mariwala?
The owner of Auto Hangar (Mercedes dealer) and Linkway (Honda dealer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Mumbai is probably the supercar capital of India now.
Delhi has traditionally been the supercar capital of India. I'm sure the national capital is still ahead in terms of numbers, and each marque with a presence in Mumbai will inevitably have one in Delhi as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Future of professionals in Auto industry looks brighter than ever.
LOL! I bet, Doctorque.
Old 8th December 2011, 15:01   #10
BHPian

This moment looms closer than ever as Mercedes-Benz have moved into their new showroom and there has been a flurry of activity around their old site to turn it into the den of the Raging Bull.
Taronish_E is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 14:17   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yup, that's true. Someone from Auto Hangar confirmed that the ol' Mercedes showroom will now serve as a Lamborghini franchise.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 17:02   #12
Team-BHP Support

Work in progress.....

Mumbai gets first Lamborghini dealer-img_20120124_181829.jpg

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 14:47   #13
BHPian

The official press event for the launch of Lamborghini is scheduled for 26th of April, 2012.

Lamborghini Mumbai shall have three cars on display, the white Aventador and two Lamborghini LP560-4 (Gallardo's).

Rumors abound of the possibility of a Gallardo SuperTrofeo or SuperTrofeo Stradale also being present but these remain unconfirmed at the moment.

Here is a picture of the White beast in the showroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai gets first Lamborghini dealer-aventador-showroom.jpg  

Old 5th April 2012, 19:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
Rumors abound of the possibility of a Gallardo SuperTrofeo or SuperTrofeo Stradale also being present but these remain unconfirmed at the moment.
Super Trofeo is the race car and Super Trofeo Stradale is the tweaked version of the LP570 Superleggera. I would be more pleased if the latter came, and stayed
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 20:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Super Trofeo is the race car and Super Trofeo Stradale is the tweaked version of the LP570 Superleggera. I would be more pleased if the latter came, and stayed
I have heard that a SuperTrofeoStradale is already in the city. Not sure of the color, but from what I remember, it's red.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks