Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2012, 23:14   #46
BHPian

Re: Lewis Hamilton drives the McLaren Mercedes MP4-27 at BKC, Mumbai. Report on Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Yes that was some experience! Totally mind-blowing!

You're right! Hamilton does know how to play to the gallery and play he did.

The C63s were driven by professional test drivers from the VMM F1 racing team. Naah again no lucky passengers, just the technical support and development team/race engineers riding with the drivers.
Well at the beginning of the event, the white C63 was driven by those professional test drivers from VMM for 3-4 laps but later-on both of them were driven by Lewis himself. The burnout on the white one (picture I uploaded) was done by him, could be roughly seen when he gets down. But I saw and confirm it was definitely him. As for those lucky passengers in the red one, Yes they were indeed "lucky". Winners from some Vodafone contest that took place some weeks ago. It was announced that they were 6 in number and 3 at once were taken for a single lap across the road.
Funnily when Manish (the anchor) asked one guy of those six winners about the experience, he said Lewis 'broke' the engine and he couldn't take it above 100 K MPH! and he claimed this was told to him by Lewis himself! But the speed at which he passed us on both laps, it was easily felt he was way above 100!

Last edited by sagar iswalkar : 20th September 2012 at 23:21. Reason: Vehicle color identity error
Old 21st September 2012, 10:51   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar iswalkar

Well at the beginning of the event, the white C63 was driven by those professional test drivers from VMM for 3-4 laps
They weren't test drivers. Just the VMM crew which was inspecting the track. They also used an E350 for that.
Old 21st September 2012, 18:42   #48
BHPian

Re: Lewis Hamilton drives the McLaren Mercedes MP4-27 at BKC, Mumbai. Report on Page

here's a video that i made

Last edited by swapszone : 21st September 2012 at 18:44.
Old 21st September 2012, 21:46   #49
BHPian

A compilation video from my side

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks