Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2012, 17:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Pagani Huayra in India? Nope. Went onwards to Hong Kong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Why am i having a feeling that this is a Highly Detailed scale model in an scale model Manorama in which the surroundings is of an cargo plane and pics are taken from a good camera and edited and refined on Photoshop.

Simply cant buy the point that this car is destined or In Mumbai.

In simple words F.A.K.E
No disrespect, but I have to applaud the sheer ridiculousness of this comment. Mumbai or not, believe me, that is certainly not a 'shop job. Double digit crore figures are chump change for some of the hyper rich within India. Cars like these in India were nearly mythical a decade ago, but times have changed drastically. I know how monumentally impractical cars like this are for the majority of our cities' roads, but heck, as car fanatics, let's appreciate any sane or insane individual's taste in having the kahunas to have one of these brought down to our shores. Once again, this particular Huayra may not be in Mumbai, but it most certainly is not a victim of Photoshop.

Last edited by aniguchisan : 16th September 2012 at 18:00.
aniguchisan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th September 2012, 18:08   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadwolf View Post
Dude what's so unbelievable or fake about it? Not that I am attesting to the authenticity though extremely possible and probable in a country and especially a city like Mumbai which houses some of the world's most expensive homes and real estate and infact even yachts and such toys which cost hundreds of crores, the uber rich definitely have enough money to be able to afford a Pagani Huayra or Zonda at around 12-15 crore. Even though our infrastructure and conditions may not be conducive, I expect the numbers of these super exotics to grow as the super rich individuals who want to own them grows.
It is not the question of affordability. IF you see that way, not just mumbai, India has billionaires/,millionares all over the country who can afford it. WE were purely discussing the lack of service support and not to mention the ultra low ground clearance of this vehicle, making it impossible to drive on the conditions on the roads...yachts & houses even though are far more expensive do justice to the money you spend. But this one, doesn't. We were talking from a more practical POV. Unlike the AFFORDABILITY issue which u brought up here.

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 16th September 2012 at 18:10.
Old 16th September 2012, 21:30   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Why am i having a feeling that this is a Highly Detailed scale model in an scale model Manorama in which the surroundings is of an cargo plane and pics are taken from a good camera and edited and refined on Photoshop.

In simple words F.A.K.E
I have shot scale models and used photoshop to make it look like life sized car, but it was never possible for me to make it as good(Not mentioning the quality) as the one in the pics.
Old 16th September 2012, 23:41   #34
BHPian

By looking at the images , I feel that this car is currently placed in an aircraft.
But to see this exotic car on our roads would be mind blowing.
I wonder how many times the owner would actually drive this out.
If he or she stays some where near or in close proximity to the budhh circuit then that's spot on.
Old 16th September 2012, 23:44   #35
BHPian

Quote:

In simple words F.A.K.E
Scale model Manorama ? Do you mean Diorama ?
Old 16th September 2012, 23:45   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
It is not the question of affordability. IF you see that way, not just mumbai, India has billionaires/,millionares all over the country who can afford it. WE were purely discussing the lack of service support and not to mention the ultra low ground clearance of this vehicle, making it impossible to drive on the conditions on the roads...yachts & houses even though are far more expensive do justice to the money you spend. But this one, doesn't. We were talking from a more practical POV. Unlike the AFFORDABILITY issue which u brought up here.
I don't think any Supercar for that matter is ever purchased or owned in a city such as Mumbai with our conditions for "practical" reasons as you put it. I've driven the showroom Aventador here and the car is as impractical as it gets, because these are never bought from the head but rather from the heart if and when the wallet permits. Similarly as you talk of service support, this has just come into the country for the likes of Aston Martin and Lamborghini and Ferrari/Maserati in the last few months, though these cars have been gracing our roads since years, because those who buy them find a way to look after them. My close friend who owns a Maserati still finds it troublesome because the currently appointed dealer is far from efficient or even satisfactory. As far as money spent on the excessively expensive houses and yachts or even 135% duty on imported cars is anybody's personal prerogative and point of view as far as their worth or affordability is concerned.
Through my earlier post I simply eluded to the fact that even though a Pagani may not be an ideal choice for the streets of Mumbai, any individual who has the means and the desire to own one can easily bring it here however impractical it might appear.
bigbadwolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 12:22   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Notice the plastic wrapping on the front bumper n the ORVMs covered with white sheets.
Please enlighten me of how all this shows or proves this aircraft or the car is in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
While the pic may definitely be of the Huayra in an aircraft in Mumbai. But the main question is whether the Huayra was destined for Mumbai/India or was the cargo en-route to some other country via Mumbai CSIA.
a very good possibility of this.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 12:27   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I have a sneaky suspicion that this car is going to be used only for promotion. Heck, it might even get to see the Buddh sometime during the GP, just to get the crowd going.

I hope I'm proved wrong.
This seems like the most plausible scenario.
Showcase it first.
Maybe not this one, but who knows that the next shots of a huayra in a cargo bay, if they surface, could actually be a confirmed sale in india.
Things to come.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 17:14   #39
BHPian

Im highly skeptical of this being actually bought by someone in India- however i hope its true, for the sake of those who get to witness it when he / she takes it out for a spin!
Old 18th September 2012, 16:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

Bugatti has been taking the Veyron to cities that have potential buyers. Zonda must be doing the same. There are definitely interested and capable parties here
Old 18th September 2012, 16:37   #41
Team-BHP Support

Two things that might spark hope in the minds of the optimists :

1) There was word that Horacio Pagani was in India (Mumbai?) about a month back.

2) To quote from artofzen's thread in 2010 here - "On asked whether he had any enquiries from India, he said YES!!! . None concrete yet, but he is sure that India would have one in couple of years .It seems he is betting on the Asian market a lot, since 80% of his customers are from Middle and Far East."

^ FYI - There are Indians who already own Paganis, but their cars are kept abroad.

------------------

Can't say I was a huge fan of the looks of the Huayra, but then when i saw it in person i was blown away by the quality of work, styling and detailing.

More pics here

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 00:30   #42
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
But the main question is whether the Huayra was destined for Mumbai/India or was the cargo en-route to some other country via Mumbai CSIA.
Well, that appears to be the case if you read the below link. I hope I'm proved wrong though!

http://www.supercars.com/photo/pagan...-bay-hong-kong
Quote:
Just arrived at SPS as you can still see the wrap on its front nose and side body...Something new to me...and I am sure it is also something new to most car spotters in Hong Kong at the moment...the Pagani Huayra.
Another link - http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinfl...889079722@N01/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
There are Indians who already own Paganis, but their cars are kept abroad.
Mr. Adar Poonawalla in one of his interview on a business channel had revealed that he owned a Pagani in London!
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 01:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

What a find,that IS the same car.Check that piece of the plastic wrap on the front bumpers,they are exactly the same.So all hullabulla about nothing again.:(
avishar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 01:23   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
What a find,that IS the same car.Check that piece of the plastic wrap on the front bumpers,they are exactly the same.So all hullabulla about nothing again.:(
It is so disappointing. All said and done a Pagani in India would have delighted the car lovers. Exactly why we said these threads should not be started before have on road pictures. A 3 page thread gone waste !!
Old 19th September 2012, 10:26   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Guys, are you sure it is the same car? The reason I am asking is because the shape of the ORVMs look different in the picture posted on page 2 (inside the plane) & the picture posted above in Hong Kong..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks