Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2013, 18:28   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
It was parked next to the Mini, Abarth and Trans Am.

Dude, that's blasphemy!

It was a Pontiac Trans Am!

The best thing to do if you don't have a clue on Team-BHP is to ask
Oh oh! As, it resembled an American muscle car and was parked next to the Impala (which my mom says was the luxury car of their times in India) thought, it could be the Contessa. Not too good with identifying classics either. You are the man!

Now the HM and the Pontiac brands are world apart. Indeed, a blasphemy!!

BTW, mind mailing the pictures of us that Rehaan clicked ? Thanks.

-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 4th February 2013 at 18:29.
Old 4th February 2013, 20:38   #182
BHPian

Re: Parx SuperCar Show : 26th - 27th January, 2013

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th February 2013 at 10:44.
i<3turbo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th February 2013, 09:16   #183
BHPian

You can run, but you cant hide.
The Ferrari and the Jag.
Attached Thumbnails
Parx SuperCar Show : 26th - 27th January, 2013-_mg_0162.jpg  

iamahunter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 10:28   #184
BHPian

Awesome. I wish I was there. Now if only someone would organize something like this in Delhi.
Old 5th February 2013, 11:35   #185
BHPian

I just wished we behaved ourselves more when see these cars and not act as if its the last chance to get to see them. It was a horrible feeling looking at people barging on to the stage from all four sides and the Glass was shattering from all four ends. It disrupted the experience not just for the participant but for the next set of enthusiasts as well as they barricaded the display even farther.

Irony is I did experience an event at the US Consulate in Mumbai where 2 Lamborghini cars were on display. Just when the cars entered the place, a dozen Americans were out to see the cars as there werent any barricades by then. Each one of them admired the car for a while, clicked pictures and left, not even one finger print on the car and all maintained a minimum of 1feet distance.
Attached Thumbnails
Parx SuperCar Show : 26th - 27th January, 2013-20130126_120331.jpg  

Parx SuperCar Show : 26th - 27th January, 2013-20130126_120342.jpg  

doctorque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 17:30   #186
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
I just wished we behaved ourselves more when see these cars and not act as if its the last chance to get to see them. It was a horrible feeling looking at people barging on to the stage from all four sides and the Glass was shattering from all four ends. It disrupted the experience not just for the participant but for the next set of enthusiasts as well as they barricaded the display even farther.

Irony is I did experience an event at the US Consulate in Mumbai where 2 Lamborghini cars were on display. Just when the cars entered the place, a dozen Americans were out to see the cars as there werent any barricades by then. Each one of them admired the car for a while, clicked pictures and left, not even one finger print on the car and all maintained a minimum of 1feet distance.
Oh, so the glass finally gave way!
When the Aventodor was revved around 12noon, the lady on the PA system did mention that people should not lean against the glass-railing. The security people were trying their best.

I stayed away from all the "revving" sessions as the crowd used to get mad when the sessions were announced and run to the spot. A few more undisciplined folks and we could have had our very own stampede. Sad state of affairs.

PS: It was funny when the y2k's turbine was supposed to be fired up and the lady on PA system kept on mentioning "we need to form a 100 meter circle". Most cryptic instruction. When nobody moved an inch after repeated announcements, she changed the announcement to "Everybody needs to move 10 steps back".

Last edited by SDP : 5th February 2013 at 17:31.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 19:52   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
PS: It was funny when the y2k's turbine was supposed to be fired up and the lady on PA system kept on mentioning "we need to form a 100 meter circle". Most cryptic instruction. When nobody moved an inch after repeated announcements, she changed the announcement to "Everybody needs to move 10 steps back".
Still, people didnt move! It was only when GS said that they will not be able to rev it if, people dont move away from the Y2K is, when they obliged .

But, after every akin announcement, the crowd went berserk! Like you mentioned, it could have easily led to a stampede :(

-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 5th February 2013 at 19:54.
Old 5th February 2013, 20:31   #188
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmunster View Post
Just looking at the pictures gave me goosebumps. What a collection of cars I say.
Didnt know we had a Y2K in India. Didnt think anyone would be crazy enough. Guess I was wrong.
I wonder when we are going to have a similar show in Hyderabad. Anyone listening?
The lions share of hyderbads supercars are gone, sold, or hidden for obvious reasons.

The remaining share of exotics are mostly four doors. And there is no club afaik in Hyderabad to organize a meet for these two doored supercars - not that we had many in the first place.

I'm not sure if parading range rovers and flying spurs would be any good . Hyderbads supercar and exotics scene is at an all time low if I am not wrong .
Old 5th February 2013, 20:33   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I was there, near the Y2k when the announcement was made that it was going to be revved up and in a blink, I(Y2k rather) am surrounded by a sea of people.
At first, I thought I was lucky to have got a front seat, but then, the push from the people made it difficult for me to even stand my ground. Finally, when GS announced that they would not be able to revv it up if we didn't move back, is when all moved a couple of steps behind. When the Y2k was on its full swing, the smoke from the exhaust and the heat made it difficult for me to stand there, then too, people wouldn't move back.

One a lighter note, when an announcement was made of revving up a car, all the public would move to that point and I would get a good view of all the other cars.

The only revving sessions I could attend were that of the Y2k and the roadster. That too, i couldn't see the car, but the music was worth the trouble.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 20:45   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
One a lighter note, when an announcement was made of revving up a car, all the public would move to that point and I would get a good view of all the other cars.
Exactly my funda!

This seemed to be the only way I could shoot a car without any people "hangin' around" in the frame.
Scorcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 10:57   #191
BHPian

Some more pictures from the event. Much better organized venue than the previous years. Only problem at the venue was that once the cars returned to the race course after the drive, the security was finding it increasingly difficult to keep the enthusiasts away from the cars as they were all parked in the middle of the ground this time around.

Wish Mumbai got the BIC, but Delhi sure does something for the country that Mumbai doesn't.
Attached Thumbnails
Parx SuperCar Show : 26th - 27th January, 2013-20130126_184739.jpg  

Parx SuperCar Show : 26th - 27th January, 2013-20130127_104621.jpg  

Parx SuperCar Show : 26th - 27th January, 2013-20130127_154742.jpg  

doctorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 12:44   #192
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Some more pictures from the event. Much better organized venue than the previous years. Only problem at the venue was that once the cars returned to the race course after the drive, the security was finding it increasingly difficult to keep the enthusiasts away from the cars as they were all parked in the middle of the ground this time around.

Wish Mumbai got the BIC, but Delhi sure does something for the country that Mumbai doesn't.
Seems like you rode in (or drove) the black Aventador! Lucky you!

Quite a few supercars had some sort of cameras mounted. By any chance, do you have footage from the parade shot from inside the Lambo?
Old 6th February 2013, 12:55   #193
Senior - BHPian

^^ That's a Gallardo, I believe, the yellow LP550-2?
Old 6th February 2013, 13:28   #194
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
^^ That's a Gallardo, I believe, the yellow LP550-2?
Don't recollect seeing any 550-2 at the show, i think it should be the Orange Bicolore.
Old 6th February 2013, 13:36   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Don't recollect seeing any 550-2 at the show, i think it should be the Orange Bicolore.
I don't remember seeing an orange Bicolore either. The only Bicolore which was present was yellow and then there was the orange Spyder.

I guessed LP550-2 cos that's the demo car and our man here works for Lamborghini Mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks