Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2013, 00:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

2012 Range Rover Autobiography Ultimate Edition

RR Terrain Response system

Terrain Response was developed by Land Rover and is now used as a feature on all Land Rover vehicles. Terrain response as the name suggests allows you to change the way the vehicle operates allowing it to travel in various terrains during off road use.

2012 Range Rover Autobiography Ultimate Edition-032634_2010_land_rover_lr4.jpg

2012 Range Rover Autobiography Ultimate Edition-newrangeroverterrainresponse2.jpg

The settings for terrain response are

General Driving - This is the default setting and this setting should be used for on road driving. All systems should work as normal. General driving may also be used for light off road conditions.

Grass, Gravel and Snow - This setting should be used for terrain where the tires will not sink into the ground such as in sand but the surface is slippery or has loose matter. Minimum wheelspin and low accelerator response is the goal of the grass, gravel and snow setting.

Mud and Ruts - This setting should be used on muddy and other slippery surfaces including uneven surfaces.

Sand - The sand setting is self explanatory, it can be used on surfaces where the tires may sink into the ground such as deserts.

Rock Crawl - This setting should be used to trek in areas with larger than gravel size boulders whether on flat ground or on a hill.
There is also a new setting called Dynamic Program which focuses on on-road driving dynamics to provide better handling than the general driving setting.

The various settings are adjusted using a rotary dial on the center console with icons representing the settings. There is also an in dash display showing which setting terrain response is in, the steering angle, whether the differentials are locked or not and other important information.

The components and systems that are altered to facilitate terrain response are the chassis, the suspension, the brakes, the transmission, and the differentials. Other electronic systems used to complete the terrain response feature will be the anti-lock brakes, the traction control, stability control and the hill descent feature.

Some quick examples of the functionality would be that a vehicle will stop easier in sand if the tires are locked so the anti-lock brakes may be reduced or cancelled. The rock crawl will require a locking differential and/or a transfer case while grass gravel and snow may just need proper torque distribution to the wheels.

source - whyhighend.com
14000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 00:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

In Car Entertainment

this is the interesting bit.

The RR Autobiography Ultimate Edition comes with a 3 zone Entertainment system.

The Front passenger can see the movie via the 12" Dual View Touch screen with Audio from the 19 speaker Harmann Kardon system. The driver sees the same screen but only the navigation system/Phone/ext cameras/ control systems etc.

the rear passengers get individual iPads with separate wireless noise cancellation stereo headphones.

with this comes the 3 zone entertainment system.

total awesomeness.

More about the Dual View Screen :

Range Rover was the first to feature 'dual view' infotainment touch screen technology.

The system uses patented Parallax Barrier technology to alternately hide and reveal columns of pixels to the left and right hand views of the screen. The
display comes with a specially designed agar coating to help prevent sunlight bleaching.

I absolutely loved this feature.

Last edited by 14000rpm : 19th February 2013 at 00:47.
14000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 00:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

The Office Space

The rear seats, the office space is extremely comfy. The seats are extremely comfortable for short and long journeys. The seats are Heated and air cooled with a built in Massage feature. The seats recline as well.

There is a Wine Chiller and a console for 2 wine flutes as well. The center console also has 2 fold out tables. Also provided as kit in the car are 2 wireless keypads sync'd with the iPads. A complete office solution.

2012 Range Rover Autobiography Ultimate Edition-rr-autobiography-ultimate-edition-032.jpg

2012 Range Rover Autobiography Ultimate Edition-rr-autobiography-ultimate-edition-034.jpg

2012 Range Rover Autobiography Ultimate Edition-rr-autobiography-ultimate-edition-037.jpg

2012 Range Rover Autobiography Ultimate Edition-rr-autobiography-ultimate-edition-057.jpg

2012 Range Rover Autobiography Ultimate Edition-rr-autobiography-ultimate-edition-058.jpg

this is Opulence redefined.
14000rpm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 19:02   #19
BHPian

Re: 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Ultimate Edition

Brilliant thread, amazing vehicle.

I have also seen a Range Rover Autobiography Edition in Mumbai... A white one with purple accents and surprisingly good looking and I love the car.

Congratulations to your friend!
Taronish_E is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 23:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
Brilliant thread, amazing vehicle.

I have also seen a Range Rover Autobiography Edition in Mumbai... A white one with purple accents and surprisingly good looking and I love the car.

Congratulations to your friend!
Thanks.

The Ultimate Edition, which this is , is the next level of Autobiography.
only 2 exist in India.
Old 22nd February 2013, 13:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
In Car Entertainment

this is the interesting bit.

The RR Autobiography Ultimate Edition comes with a 3 zone Entertainment system.

The Front passenger can see the movie via the 12" Dual View Touch screen with Audio from the 19 speaker Harmann Kardon system. The driver sees the same screen but only the navigation system/Phone/ext cameras/ control systems etc.

the rear passengers get individual iPads with separate wireless noise cancellation stereo headphones.

with this comes the 3 zone entertainment system.

total awesomeness.

More about the Dual View Screen :

Range Rover was the first to feature 'dual view' infotainment touch screen technology.

The system uses patented Parallax Barrier technology to alternately hide and reveal columns of pixels to the left and right hand views of the screen. The
display comes with a specially designed agar coating to help prevent sunlight bleaching.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7YPEYOidkHw

I absolutely loved this feature.
this is absolutely sci-fi material!!

brilliant!

congratulations to your friend for acquiring this beautiful piece of engineering.
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 09:38   #22
BHPian

Looks like quite a 'bling' mobile. The interiors are top notch and would love to see something like this on the Pune roads.

Excellent review and pictures mate.
ishotmydog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 10:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

It is really a treat to eyes, to watch the Range Rover. Its the ultimate in SUV engineering. Congratulations on aquiring one.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 11:03   #24
BHPian

A true luxury super executive business class. I still can't believe thats teak. It looks so super rich. Congrats to your lucky friend.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 12:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

While I sit and pen my thoughts and relish the joy of driving my 2019 Range Rover Sport Autobiography, I have to give a moment to relive the Magnificence of my friends 2012 Range Rover Autobiography..the one that started it all for me. The one that made me say - ''One fine day I'll buy my own Range Rover Autobiography''. . The one that started my Range Rover journey 11 yrs ago.

As for my friends Autobiography, it now has several other luxury SUV's sharing it's garage including a G-Wagen in recent times. The Autobiography is still the go-to car in their family. It is, after all, the Ultimate Edition and the Ultimate in Luxury.

Funny though that none of his SUV's, all great off-roaders, have ever left the Tarmac.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks