Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2009, 12:02   #871
BHPian

No this is 3rd audi TT Roadster in india....One more is white and one is silver too
Old 27th May 2009, 12:34   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Whats with the NL plates these days, some greys in hiding sported this reg!! Now this one which agina I suppose is a grey?
Yes i agree, there was the Bentley and the Ferrari that sported these plates. we cannot be too sure as it also could be legitimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover84 View Post
No this is 3rd audi TT Roadster in india....One more is white and one is silver too
Thank you for the Information.
Old 27th May 2009, 13:00   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Yes i agree, there was the Bentley and the Ferrari that sported these plates. we cannot be too sure as it also could be legitimate.

Thank you for the Information.
Nagaland offers the lowest Road Tax in India, hence preferred for all high value purchases.. Also the rule there (at NL) states that the vehicle need not be present in the state for registration (not sure bout this though)..
Old 27th May 2009, 13:44   #874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
Nagaland offers the lowest Road Tax in India, hence preferred for all high value purchases.. Also the rule there (at NL) states that the vehicle need not be present in the state for registration (not sure bout this though)..
Yes that is there but what Canonball and myself were refering too is the cars running with false registrations. The kind where fictatious address are given to avail of the benifits provided by the state. There are only a few cars that run with legitimate address in other states. Its more like the KN registrations that were seen on most imports in the past.
Old 27th May 2009, 16:41   #875
Senior - BHPian

Speedy where the hell is KN? What next Andaman, Nicobar, Lakhvadeep ? A bit desperate I would say for just a few lacs in some cases less, I think there is more to this than just road taxes more like major duty evasion. These states must be having a more collaborative and enterprising customs to fix duties! This seems a more plausible reason what say speedybhai

Last edited by canonball : 27th May 2009 at 16:45.
Old 27th May 2009, 20:54   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Speedy where the hell is KN? What next Andaman, Nicobar, Lakhvadeep ? A bit desperate I would say for just a few lacs in some cases less, I think there is more to this than just road taxes more like major duty evasion. These states must be having a more collaborative and enterprising customs to fix duties! This seems a more plausible reason what say speedybhai
Down south, or was it KL/ KN numbers. confused now but the point being the cars would come to the Kerala side port and there would be a person who has already registered a car and they just fix the number plate and drive the car out. i have seen it happen for two cars. there obviously would be some setting with the custom officers. They save most of the duty/ registration amount and sometimes would show a damaged car which was swapped with the actual car from the container. Some people buy a house or have an office in a state where the taxes are less compared to bombay and register the car there, I'm one of them. My ML is Silvassa registered and carries a DD plate. This intern has saved me a good amount.
Old 28th May 2009, 08:25   #877
BHPian

Have seen a grey S500 also with NL plates, in Aundh.
Old 14th June 2009, 16:46   #878
BHPian

Spotted a Grey 2008 Mazda RX-8 near Camp today! The rotary engine guys! 221bhp @ 9,000RPM from all of 1.3ltrs!

What a manic car, anyone else spotted this?

Payne
Old 14th June 2009, 20:03   #879
BHPian

I spotted a Bentley, the other day near the Pyramid of Senapati Bapat Rd. Have you guys spotted the same?
Old 15th June 2009, 00:25   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
This one arrived latest I guess. Been spotting it since last 1-2 weeks on Senapati Bapat road ( where the Audi showroom is located ).

A lovely bright Red Audi TT on 'NL' reg..
This one belongs to owner of 'Solaris'. Article is published in DNA newspaper some 2-3 days back with pictures.
Old 15th June 2009, 00:50   #881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
oh boy! thats one ugly looking rolls plying on the streets of pune.

it was plying on the streets of hyderabad too about a year back, was put up for demo at prasad's imax!

had white cloth seat covers over the leather ones while at display here.

Last edited by aadix : 15th June 2009 at 00:52.
Old 15th June 2009, 01:04   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_payne View Post
Spotted a Grey 2008 Mazda RX-8 near Camp today! The rotary engine guys! 221bhp @ 9,000RPM from all of 1.3ltrs!

Payne
Yup - seen it a couple of times in the Boat Club parking lot. Now that I think about it though, it was parked in the visitors parking area the couple of times I saw it, so don't go hunting in the members list for possible owners!!
Old 15th June 2009, 10:35   #883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_payne View Post

Payne
I think thats the Bombay car. There are two of them here Blue and Grey, I see them all the time.
Old 15th June 2009, 16:07   #884
BHPian

@NL reg - There are many cars seen in pune with this. The S500, Audi TT, 2 A6 and an A4 is what I've seen till now.

Grey RX8 is seen in Pune quite a lot of times. I have seen it more than 3-4 times near Audi showroom on SB road. There's one in Black as well - but seen it just once.

@TT Roadster - yeah there's a white one - dunno which city it is in - remember seeing the pics on the forum.

Oh, btw Bhosale's white S class runs on some really nice multispoke rims since last few weeks.
Old 17th June 2009, 11:08   #885
BHPian

Saw a new Bentley Azure Convertible at RTO traffic lights this morning at 9.30am. Colour was bright red. It was a newly registered car as the licence plate had 'FK' letters. Cream interior, no window tints. I could clearly see the inside. Beautiful car, had great road presence compared to the newer modern Bentleys currently on the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks