Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2018, 19:10   #1
BANNED

First Ferrari 812 Superfast has arrived in India

Quote:
The first 812 of the country has just landed and is waiting to fly on indian roads soon...!!

The most powerful production car that Ferrari has ever produced. Infact, the most powerful Supercar to enter the country ever.

This is the pic of the exact car. It is one of the most heavily loaded 812 with full of carbon fibres inside including the Racing seats and with almost all the options ticked....!!
Source

First Ferrari 812 Superfast has arrived in India-27858250_1796096327090081_6789736791548465354_n.jpg
mohammedismail is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 19:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

First Ferrari 812 Superfast has arrived in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post

Sweet!
A few more deliveries will follow this. From what I hear, two more are coming to the capital real soon and Hyderabad has one on order that is waiting to get specced and delivery will be next year.
So maybe this thread should be renamed to Ferrari 812superfast in India?
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 11:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: First Ferrari 812 Superfast has arrived in India

Quote:
Can you reveal which city it is going to mohammedismail? Hope its Bangalore?!
Old 14th February 2018, 11:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi Fullrevs! The first 812 is coming to Kolkata.
Old 15th February 2018, 00:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think the car is in the country yet. That's the customary Ferrari photograph from the end of the production line.

I hear it should be here within a week or two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Can you reveal which city it is going to mohammedismail? Hope its Bangalore?!
This one's going to Kolkata. Sharing garage with a 488 GTB, R8 Plus, AM Virage Volante, R35 etc.

Bangalore should be getting one imminently to the KVP garage, I believe.

Last edited by Scorcher : 15th February 2018 at 00:38.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 20:44   #6
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Bangalore should be getting one imminently to the KVP garage, I believe.
KVP's is one of the 3-4 cars destined to BLR!
From the looks of it, we are gonna see a lot of 812s in India. Should make up for the dearth of F12s!
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 18:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

It is no longer going to Kolkata. As the owner/club posted this on Instagram today.
Attached Thumbnails
First Ferrari 812 Superfast has arrived in India-812.jpg  

avishar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 09:25   #8
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
It is no longer going to Kolkata. As the owner/club posted this on Instagram today.
Good to see your post after a long while, avishar !

Coming to the topic, this is the owner's version. I will wait till I know the dealer's version before forming an opinion.

Sadly since Mr. PA is a well known personality in the supercar circle and a prominent supercar owner whom a lot of enthusiasts follow on instagram and elsewhere, his version will always drive opinions.

But if I see it from the dealer's perspective, Select Cars have sold Mr. PA a lot of cars in the past - Rolls Royce Ghost, Aston Martin Virage Volante, Lamborghini Gallardo ISS, Ferrari 488GTB - I doubt they will goof up with such a loyal customer.

I strongly believe there is more to it than what meets the eye.
//M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 21:57   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
I didn't quite understand this. What is the issue if its a demo car allocation? Its not like they were going to use it as a demo car and then provide it to the customer. Can someone who knows more explain?
Akshay1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 08:54   #10
BHPian

More on the story:

Looks like they had some sort of agreement as he no longer is aggressive towards the dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
First Ferrari 812 Superfast has arrived in India-e38d16b36de345d7a98bb4b464824a3d.jpeg  

Raahil_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 14:08   #11
BHPian

The owner seems to be bluffing too much. he said the car has landed even more it left the factory.It looks like he is in a race to get India's first car and competing with other owners.

If the dealer was playing a game they wouldnt have refunded his money so quickly, i guess there is more to this story and cant take owner's words for face value.

I think the dealer should clear things up through some sort of channel else their credibility will take a hit if they are indeed not at fault
Old 10th March 2018, 21:22   #12
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
I didn't quite understand this. What is the issue if its a demo car allocation? Its not like they were going to use it as a demo car and then provide it to the customer. Can someone who knows more explain?
Ferrari mandates that Ferrari dealers keep the 812Superfast as a demo for 6 months. The very first car allotted to them is for this purpose. No RHD 812 has been delivered anywhere in the world yet, all are demo cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportygellar View Post
The owner seems to be bluffing too much. he said the car has landed even more it left the factory.It looks like he is in a race to get India's first car and competing with other owners.

If the dealer was playing a game they wouldnt have refunded his money so quickly, i guess there is more to this story and cant take owner's words for face value.

I think the dealer should clear things up through some sort of channel else their credibility will take a hit if they are indeed not at fault
I would second that. The whole issue was blown out of proportions for no reason. No dealer mess around that way. More so when the client is a repeat customer for like the fifth time and wanted the first car in India just like his 488. The dealer was no where at fault here.

Last edited by A.K : 10th March 2018 at 21:26.
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 11:05   #13
Senior - BHPian

Most things in the world happen due to mis-communication, lack of communication and intentional limited knowledge sharing and exchange for false reasons.
  • Why did the dealer not clearly give the firm timeline for the car. I am sure limited production cars have a firm factory production slot for each car that is built as per options and the likes. Even custom BMWs have this.
  • Why cant the dealer tell the client clearly that please trust me I am not selling and cannot sell the demo car for 6 months (if this really is the case). So your allotment is not being given to anyone else and I am not pulling a fast one.
  • Why did the dealer ask for full amount or any other amount other than the booking amount to be disbursed (assuming this) when the allotted car has not even arrived. This is cheating.

Considering the sensitivity of buyers and the sentiment of early birds among them for these kind of cars, I think it should also be on the manufacture's task list to ensure to provide a firm slot to the buyer. Its not like the buyers are in hundreds.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 16:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

So the 812Superfast was finally launched last night in New Delhi at an ex-showroom price of ₹5.2 crores!
Surprised to see no mention of it here or on the news section.
First Ferrari 812 Superfast has arrived in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1520765728.850361.jpg
Pic source- https://instagram.com/p/BgLF5gQAUYp/

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Ferrari mandates that Ferrari dealers keep the 812Superfast as a demo for 6 months. The very first car allotted to them is for this purpose. No RHD 812 has been delivered anywhere in the world yet, all are demo cars.

So there is no truth to the rumours that the launch car has been sold to Hyderabad, right? The same rumour also mentions that it would share garage with the GTC4Lusso and a lot of Bentleys and Rolls-Royces here.
shyn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 18:04   #15
Senior - BHPian

Here's the thing.

There is more to this than meets the eye in the Ferrari case. There is another side of this story as well. However, the issue has been amicably resolved, and at-least, from the looks of it, Ferrari New Delhi moved very fast to clear all financial dues by the next day of the Insta post going up. So all's well that ends well.

The would-be 812 owner has now set his sights on a McLaren.

Which seems to be the case all over the world now, isn't it? Ferrari is notoriously snobbish when it comes to allocations, while McLaren is pleased to welcome all to create a customer base. No-wonder their sales are booming!

I like trawling through Ferrarichat at times, which is like the Teambhp of Ferrari owners. So get this. In America, to get a 488 Pista allocation, you need to buy a GTC4 Lusso first from the same dealer. And not just anyone is being given this offer. Only those who have bough at-least a couple of 'Speciale Editions' and V12 Ferrari's are given this offer. There is a guy there who has bought 10 Ferraris from the LA dealership over the last decade or so, and he was not even entertained for a Pista. They said they have 150 prospective orders for 30 slots in that dealership. GTC4s are not selling that well, so they are pushing them on customers. They say that their hands are tied. It is difficult to entertain others when most major cities in USA has collections which has a 430 Scud, 16M, Speciale, 599 GTO, TDF etc. So it is really tough to get high up on a Ferrari customer list.

Here's an example of such a thread. I love reading them. They are so first world.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/th...cation.570723/

Quote:
Today I went in to my San Diego dealership. Over the years I bought a 360, 575, Challenge Stradale, 430, 430 Spider, Scuderia and then another Scuderia. All the cars purchased from them I traded them back to them. When they thought the Dino name was going to be brought out again I loaned them one of my Dino's to display in the showroom. I asked if I could buy a Pista, and I was told I was not a top tier customer but if I bought a Lusso they MIGHT consider me. They said I did not rank high enough to even buy a 488 but that I could possibly buy one that someone didn't go through with their purchase, but I would have to pay a premium. I won't ever darken their doors again and I'm sure they could care less!!!
PS: I have heard that a RHD McLaren 720S is going to delivered soon in Calcutta. Any truth regarding that?

Last edited by avishar : 11th March 2018 at 18:07.
avishar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks