Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2023, 18:24   #526
BHPian

Re: The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)

I have two questions after reading the last few posts on this thread.

1.Does DQ live in Kerala or Tamil Nadu considering his cars sport a TN registration.
2. The picture of his G63 AMG in Hyderabad, was it driven down to Hyderabad from wherever he resides? I don't think he'd take such a long road-trip.

Sorry if these seem like silly questions, just pure curiosity!
Sreesh1009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 18:47   #527
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post

1.Does DQ live in Kerala or Tamil Nadu considering his cars sport a TN registration.
2. The picture of his G63 AMG in Hyderabad, was it driven down to Hyderabad from wherever he resides? I don't think he'd take such a long road-trip.

Hi, answering from what I am given to understand.

1. The family maintains a residence in both Kochi and Chennai, hence some of the cars wear a TN registration.
2. The cars are normally transported to where he intends on using them. The G 63 spent a considerable amount of time in Mumbai too, where he was shooting, somewhere last year. For someone who spends so much time travelling while shooting, it is fantastic that he takes the cars along so that he gets some seat time.
A.K is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 07:47   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

He does pretty long drives (interstate) as well apart from the weekend drives within Kerala. Rest assured, all the cars are always busy .
naveen.raju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 14:20   #529
BHPian

What an absolute peach of a thread to discover on a Thursday afternoon. Truly truly a carguy’s carguy. The taste in cars, the taste in accessories and the taste to strip obnoxious accessories. Respect. I have to mention the respect Team BHP members have for his privacy too, that is true class. May his privacy remain protected and may his films do well so he can keep adding to this fantastic garage.
Air_Kerala is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 18:06   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Hi, answering from what I am given to understand.

1. The family maintains a residence in both Kochi and Chennai, hence some of the cars wear a TN registration.
To add to what AK said, another reason more cars are TN reg is cos ironically they kinda shot themselves in the foot by making the number 369 all the rage among their own fans in Kerala and they prefer not to get into a bidding war for it. Way less hassle to get it done in TN.

Quote:
He owns a closed car transporter specifically for this purpose. Earlier they were limited to the times they were home to get any seat time with em cars, now can just truck the cars out to wherever they're filming that time.

Here's the truck picking his new 'rarri from the dealership.
Attached Thumbnails
The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-watermark_20231217173716262.jpg  

Scorcher is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 17:06   #531
BHPian

Another LC in the collection.
The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-img_20240410_170239.jpg

Source: dq_cars_369 on instagram
Haroun is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 18:40   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroun View Post
Attachment 2592915

Owned originally by the famous jewellery group in Trivandrum , then owned by a genuine car enthusiast business family whom I have the honour of knowing ( they have a vast collection of truly great new and classic cars in top notch condition). All their cars have this trademark same digit number and number plate style.

They let this one go because the 15 year renewal is coming up and renewal for imported cars in kerala costs a small fortune.

Last edited by Nanolover : 10th April 2024 at 18:45.
Nanolover is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 08:05   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2592915

What a gorgeous shade of blue. Again, immaculate taste in cars. Curves being done right on an absolute beast of an SUV. Peace
Old 16th April 2024, 16:44   #534
BHPian

Another 911, (996).

The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-img_20240416_154345.jpg

Source: the_369_garage on instagram
Haroun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 20:02   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another 911, (996).
Looks like it's Tamil actor Vikram's Ex.
Old 20th April 2024, 05:53   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another 911, (996).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Looks like it's Tamil actor Vikram's Ex.
Yes, it's indeed the ex-Chiyaan 996 Carrera 2 manual in Midnight Blue with the factory Aero kit.

He's had this for a lil while, just got finished with its full mechanical and cosmetic restoration from Porsche.

Last edited by Scorcher : 20th April 2024 at 05:59.
Scorcher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 16:57   #537

Quote:

He also got his Ferrari to Hyderabad, I saw it at Park Hyatt. It was pretty dusty last time I saw it.
Old 20th April 2024, 20:48   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemandriver View Post
He also got his Ferrari to Hyderabad, I saw it at Park Hyatt. It was pretty dusty last time I saw it.
It was out there for sometime, now back in Chennai.

So, this dust thing was obviously bugging him as well. If he got busy with shoots for a couple of days the car would get all dusty. At that point the hotel management wasn't permitting them to get it cleaned where it's parked and he didn't want anyone else moving the car without his presence.

From what I know, he's come to some terms with the management for the future and this won't be an issue anymore🤞
Scorcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 23:09   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Another 911, (996).

Attachment 2595002

The garage itself looks slick. Where is this located?
Old 21st April 2024, 13:37   #540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
It was out there for sometime, now back in Chennai.

So, this dust thing was obviously bugging him as well. If he got busy with shoots for a couple of days the car would get all dusty. At that point the hotel management wasn't permitting them to get it cleaned where it's parked and he didn't want anyone else moving the car without his presence.

From what I know, he's come to some terms with the management for the future and this won't be an issue anymore🤞

Ahh ok, that thing was a beauty even when there was dust all over. I was waiting in my car for someone else and I was just admiring the ferrari all along. Maybe next time DQ needs to get a dust cover I really wish I could see the car again he specced it so tastefully. Also, you seem to know a lot about DQ and his collection, any idea why he went for the Gwagon as his daily over more reliable/mileage-friendly and overall better options for city-driving like the Cayenne and for luxury the Range Rover, which is his dads' daily?
gentlemandriver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks