Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2004, 04:11   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I know I am going to be flying on this for a long time to come. Just saw and sat in the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI Tommi Makkinen Edition..yes the gorgeous red with white wheels combo! Team-bhp went to the Fortpoint Mitsubishi show-room to check out the "authenticity" of a Lancer EVO VI that I had seen while driving to work this afternoon.

One look at the meaty Brembos and I knew we were talking original!!! This car churns out a whopping 320 bhp through a 2 litre turbo-charged petrol engine...to all four wheels. If you want to know what street presence is all about, just shoot down to Fortpoint (This car is on display until monday). The outrageous rear wing, neat front spoiler, bonnet grilles, roll cage, recaro seats with 4 point seat belts, sector timing gear, red brembos and 235/45/17 tyres will have you done for life!!!

There was a Hindustan Motors chap who was really nice, and opened up the car to let all of us sit in it. He also popped the hood and had to keep us away from getting the engine bay wet with our drool! All of this at 2 a.m. in the night.

Sitting in the drivers seat makes one think that he is literally sitting on the floor...so low are the seats. The Recaros have got to be the best seats I have ever parked myself in, it feels like someone giving you the tightest hug ever...really. Talk about holding the driver in place, these hold you from all sides.

Its not everyday that one gets to see a member of his top 5 car list in person...This magnificient machine has me smitten for life.

GTO
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2004, 13:02   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey

quik post - sounds awesome!!..is the car just for show or is it some1s new set of wheels just being displayed a bit?
and howcum u went there at 2am???

cya
rehaan
Old 22nd February 2004, 14:26   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rehaan,

The car was imported from Japan by Hindustan Motors for a couple of weeks, just for display purposes outside their showrooms. You can say that HM "borrowed" the EVO from Mitsubishi Motors. Those Japanese smart alecs activated the engine immobiliser before they shipped the car to India.:laugh:

GTO
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2004, 15:50   #4
Team-BHP Support

Curses!
So this is what I missed last night. Had to fall ill at the wrong bloody time.
This is the next worst thing to missing the Enzo. How unlucky!
Old 22nd February 2004, 16:32   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Old 22nd February 2004, 16:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey fellas

I've posted pictures of last night in the topic" Saturday nite meet date with EVO VI

Check em out

Cheers

Dippy
Old 23rd February 2004, 04:14   #7
BHPian

AWESOME.....really really cool !!
Btw guys one ?...how come it doesnt have paddle shift also? 2003's have paddle shifts but didnt the one's before that have paddle shifts???

Bhupi
Old 23rd February 2004, 11:56   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey Bhupi,

I think you are mixing the EVO up with the Ferraris/others. The EVO's have yet to come with paddle shifts.

GTO
Old 23rd February 2004, 12:01   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey Bhupi,

I think you are mixing the EVO up with the Ferraris/others. The EVO's have yet to come with paddle shifts.

GTO
Old 23rd February 2004, 12:58   #10
Team-BHP Support

Hey Blaze,

Maybe u are confusing this tommi makkinen production version with the lancer WRC that looks almost identical, since this TM edition has a WRC paintjob ?

The TM edition evo6 is similar to the "standard" evo6; though it has a larger intercooler, redesigned turbo blades for better low and mid range response and torque, and different airdam, plus different recaro seats, re-tuned suspension and a few other things.

The "original" TM edition paintjob looks like this> (next msg)

i think these are the WRC style alloys as well.....which i dont particularly like...but then they give that authentic WRC look.

cheers
Rehaan
Old 23rd February 2004, 13:01   #11
Team-BHP Support

....when i was talking abt the alloys i meant the TME in bombay.

Heres what a standard TM, with the TM paintjob looks like>
Old 23rd February 2004, 15:33   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

As far as I can remember, I havent yet seen paddle shifts on Mitsu's rally machines. I have seen a short throw gear box, that goes more in the (+) and (-) than a standard H pattern among others.

Rehaan, You ought to see the alloys we saw in person. Trust me, being a Lancer fan, I have yet to see better alloys on a Mitsu. The size was 235/45/17.

GTO

BTW I went with my brother again to the Fortpoint site and checked out the Lancer. It was already loaded on to a truck, to be sent to Pune this morning. I offered to drive and transport the EVO to Pune for FREE but the Fortpoint guys wouldnt listen to me...
Old 25th February 2004, 02:07   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey Guys,

Saw the Tommi Makinnen again this evening. It was parked on a truck, which was standing by the Worli seaface surrounded by guys in red caps (When will Hindustan Motors marketing department learn??). One side of the truck was covered with pics of the new Lancer, while the other side and the rear were open, giving a great view of the car.

And yes, the most frequently asked question by on-lookers was "average kya hai?"

GTO
Old 25th February 2004, 02:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

Yeah GTO

I saw the EVO today too on the truck and the truck was parked in their compound next to the showroom this morning

Oh to flick that car!!!!

Cheers

Dippy
Old 26th February 2004, 13:47   #15
Team-BHP Support

Hey GTO,

Im not 100% sure that the Mistu WRC machines have paddle shifts but i can only assume that its highly likely.
Most WRC machines have the sequential stick as well as the paddles so the driver can have his preference and/or use both when the situation requires.....

cya
Rehaan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks