Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 17:28   #5266
EP.
BHPian

is that FS the same one spotted at thrissur by some other bhpian? if not, then i think its the 2nd bentley on carnet to kerala. (correct me if I am wrong) and wow! a increasing number of people are joining the flashy 'carnet club'. and it feels good to see those extoics on our roads, gone are the days of the monotonous spottings of 'rich guy's merc'.
Old 17th September 2010, 18:14   #5267
Distinguished - BHPian

AAHHH... The new Patrol on indian roads(even though on Carnet)
But i prefer the Y61 thats still sold in australia,africa and ME.Thats a true SUV!!!
BTW, the RR can only be on carnet,what else? Especially with that petrol V8!!! If native, it would have been the diesel v8.
Old 17th September 2010, 18:53   #5268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjabraham View Post
I was just getting out of my flat (in Panampilly Nagar) when i saw this beauty in the the visitors parking lot. Its a DL registered Carrera S.
911's look neat in guards red. Remember a picture of a carrera in guards red with turbo wheels posted elsewhere on the forum. This one's waiting for the arrival of an Italian to go out I hear.
Old 17th September 2010, 19:30   #5269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP. View Post
is that FS the same one spotted at thrissur by some other bhpian? if not, then i think its the 2nd bentley on carnet to kerala. (correct me if I am wrong) and wow! a increasing number of people are joining the flashy 'carnet club'. and it feels good to see those extoics on our roads, gone are the days of the monotonous spottings of 'rich guy's merc'.
That's the one from Thrissur and it's on carnet. But there is one more bentley in ernakulam area and it's Delhi registered. Another old Bentley from Calicut too

Last edited by GTO : 19th September 2010 at 14:57. Reason: Fobi, if I infract you once more, your account will go on a ban. Instead, I'm going to correct your poorly written post.
Old 18th September 2010, 00:13   #5270
BHPian

New 7 Series engine trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
The 7er is the latest addition to trivandrum,the owner was actually looking forward to buy a cayenne but got fed up with delays and bought this 730Ld instead
The same 7er broke down enroute to trivandrum on the highway a week ago and had to be towed back to kochi. I hear it was a broken valve that caused the problem and it calls for a complete engine replacement! Completely unexpected from a 2010 7 series!
Old 18th September 2010, 08:53   #5271
Senior - BHPian

My friend spotted both red and silver carrera cabrio ripping down the streets in cochin yesterday night
Old 18th September 2010, 12:12   #5272
Senior - BHPian

Volvo strikes back

The new face lifted models of the volvo arrived at cochin , I wonder what will the pre facelift owners do
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-volv.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-volv-1.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-volv-2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-volv-3.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-volv-4.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-volv-5.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-volv-6.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-volv-7.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-volv-8.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-volv-9.jpg  

Old 18th September 2010, 13:45   #5273
BHPian

The blue one actually looks good! Looks like Volvo's trying to shake off their staid looking cars image.
Old 18th September 2010, 13:47   #5274
Team-BHP Support

Foby, Volvo aint messing around. Thats the XC 60 and S70. Latter has just been released. Hopefully, things should improve for Volvo
Old 18th September 2010, 16:10   #5275
EP.
BHPian

Never knew the XC60 and the S60 (@Ajmat -its not a S70) were launched in India!! did volvo make a official launch? those two look awesome!!

@foby- do you know the prices for those two volvos?
Old 18th September 2010, 17:02   #5276
Senior - BHPian

Ajmat, I was about to correct you, but then EP^^ already did it. That is a super-looking sedan. After the boring, albeit safe, things they made in the past, this is a very refreshing change. Guess Geely will be selling a lot of cars now.
Hope they bring the T5 and the T6 here. Even the D5 would be nice!
Btw, what is that black covered thing on the radiator grille in the S60 and the XC60?
Old 18th September 2010, 17:48   #5277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Btw, what is that black covered thing on the radiator grille in the S60 and the XC60?
As far as I know it's the radar sensor for the adaptive cruise control!

See this:

Quote:
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) is designed for smooth traffic flow and can be activated at speeds over 18 mph. You just select the desired speed and the minimum time gap to the vehicle in front of you. When the radar sensor detects a slower vehicle in front of you, the speed automatically adapts to that vehicle. If ACC is disengaged and a vehicle in front falls to close, Distance Alert activates a red warning light in the lower section of the windshield to help you keep a proper distance.
Got it from the Volvo US website.
Old 19th September 2010, 14:55   #5278
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickster View Post
The same 7er broke down enroute to trivandrum on the highway a week ago and had to be towed back to kochi. I hear it was a broken valve that caused the problem and it calls for a complete engine replacement! Completely unexpected from a 2010 7 series!
I am honestly shocked as I thought BMW had finally gotten it right. The 7 series is one of my favourite new cars.

Guess the Germans have divorced reliability for good. But hey, how would they know? BMW, Mercedes & Audi are too busy adding more complicated electronics to their already complicated cars!

Guess "gizmos" have taken precedence over robust ol' school "German engineering"

Last edited by GTO : 19th September 2010 at 14:56.
Old 19th September 2010, 16:15   #5279
Distinguished - BHPian

Can't agree with you more GTO.
The old days of "engineered like none other" may still be back now,but reliability wise the days of a barely run-in 3,00,000km w123 diesel is long gone.
Don't know what a person who just paid a crore rupees for a car,just to have it towed hundreds of kilometres to another city. Forget dynamics and 'overall special feel' that auto mags lament about. Lexus is successful for a reason.
BTW, i see lots of beemers on the road and except one all the allocated units of 5GT for kerala are in tvpm,still not even a service center in tvpm for BMW
Old 19th September 2010, 16:37   #5280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
The new face lifted models of the volvo arrived at cochin , I wonder what will the pre facelift owners do
The red one is the XC 90 R design, a package available at extra cost.
The blue one is the volvo S 60 sedan which will be launched in India soon to take on the BMW 3 series and Audi a4/ C class.
The bronze one is the XC 60 CUV to take on the X3 and q5.
Both these cars will come in late fall 2010/ early 2011, also this is mentioned in Volvo Cars ? Volvo Auto India - Best Luxury Cars India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks