Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 13:33   #4621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
The prowler story and BS around it bring me to the point I raised 2 weeks ago which no one including Hanny who I asked bothered to respond to? Can anyone take a shot at what i asked above as I find this mostly in KL.
Sorry for late respond. The main reason for not responding was that I'm too busy now days as i mostly not used to be in station due to the completion of my resort project at Wayanad. More over I'm also engaged with my show after office, so I rare get into the forum and just go through the post. And I've not seen you last post, hence couldn't reply.

Regarding the Carnet import, NRIs are utilising it as the direct import are now very difficult due to DRI problems. And when you bring the cars in Carnet only shipping cost should be bared.

As you are aware most of the Carnet import are SUVs, especially Hummer, which means mear show-off, and most of them who import these are not very enthusiast or knowledged on cars, hence they are bringing the same.

More over if any NRIs (like my friend Shabeer who kicked-off the game of carnet by bringing the first H3) who are well aware of the exotic machines can't bring the supercars due to the poor roads & un civilised traffic mannerism by pedastrians, cyclist, bikes & rikshaws. He had a plan to bring one of his supercar, but after discussion we stopped him.
Old 27th April 2010, 19:57   #4622
Senior - BHPian

Hey hanny good luck with the resort, and show. How is the G doing. You have voiced my sentiments exactly
Old 27th April 2010, 20:44   #4623
BHPian

Spotted this Supra long back in Cochin. (Got it while browsing through my cam pics). I really like those rims.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-dsc02261.jpg  

Last edited by vaisakhr : 27th April 2010 at 20:46.
Old 27th April 2010, 21:53   #4624
Senior - BHPian

Hey those look like BBS rims. Nice! And is the car on a foreign number plate (Dubai?)?
Old 27th April 2010, 22:43   #4625
Senior - BHPian

Good looking Supra there! Those amazing wheels are BBS LMs i reckon. And that spoiler is HUGE! I wonder how hard would it be for the driver to reverse?
Old 28th April 2010, 10:14   #4626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Spotted this Supra long back in Cochin. (Got it while browsing through my cam pics). I really like those rims.
Thats the parking of a famous hotel in MG road Ernakulam , I ve posted the snaps of the same , I dont remember exactly but that supra was there 1.5 years back correct me if I am wrong. I wonder what happened to that supra now. That supra was cute looking beast. There was also a choclate color Kerala registered supra which was more beautiful than this supra , but both sounded awsome.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:10   #4627
Senior - BHPian

Yes, very much are BBS rims and Veilside bodykit. And those are Import plates(Export from the parent country) which is Blue in color. The car was Imported by a Hotel owner and IIRC was later sold to TN. Seen a pic later of the car in Chennai thread too.

Here are couple of pics from the owner's team's profile album. Had better pics but recently removed, maybe after he sold it.

- No issue on posting the plates.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-sup2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-sup1.jpg  

Last edited by Scorcher : 28th April 2010 at 11:13.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:39   #4628
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pics of the Supra. Love the the BBS Rims and the VeilSide bodykit, it's very tastefully modded!
Old 28th April 2010, 15:21   #4629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Folks, is there a Plymouth Prowler in Kerala!!!

A friend of mine brought this to my notice. It came in Mathrubhumi, a prominent Malayalam daily, that a bloke has apparently imported a 'FERRARI ENZO' to Kerala for just 1.5 crores!!! I am adding some pics of that 'Ferrari' so that you can see for yourself...(It's actually a Plymouth Prowler)

Also, there were a whole lot of errors in that article about the cars that guy owns. My friend translated it: "He already owns a Cadillac Escalase(Escalade), Posh Carera(Porsche), Lumbolghini(you know what it means!!), and seperated by a comma, NELLARDO (Gallardo)!!!
I am wondering why he is allergenic to the word 'Plymouth'!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post

By no means I support this 'Enzo' Prowler guy who is trying to fool everyone. My heart goes out to him because he doesn't know he is simply is making a fool of him in-front of the Janta while he is trying to fool them. Huh, Get a life buddy !

Seconded!
Old 28th April 2010, 17:23   #4630
BHPian

The supra was not imported by the Hotel owner. It was imported by someone else and then sold to chennai ( a famous hotel chain) . It was just parked at Airlines Hotel since the importer knew the hotel owner.
Old 28th April 2010, 17:34   #4631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
The supra was not imported by the Hotel owner. It was imported by someone else and then sold to chennai ( a famous hotel chain) . It was just parked at Airlines Hotel since the importer knew the hotel owner.
Thanks for the info buddy. I knew something was related to the Airlines hotel. I stand corrected
Old 29th April 2010, 06:44   #4632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Thats the parking of a famous hotel in MG road Ernakulam , I ve posted the snaps of the same , I dont remember exactly but that supra was there 1.5 years back correct me if I am wrong. I wonder what happened to that supra now. That supra was cute looking beast. There was also a choclate color Kerala registered supra which was more beautiful than this supra , but both sounded awsome.
Yes, you are correct. It was some 1.5 years back. I clicked it in the parking lot of a hotel opposite to Maharaja's College ground (didn't remember he name of the hotel)
Old 29th April 2010, 17:39   #4633
BHPian

sweet!! the supra is sporting Sharjah plates, not Dubai plates. and blue means its meant for export only... last time i saw it (which is over a year back) it had KL plates..
Cheers!!
Old 29th April 2010, 20:39   #4634
Senior - BHPian

The Prowler was shown in Fastrack, Manorama News today. I was literally laughing at its owner's words. He told that he wanted to bring a car which none has in India. So, he first sent the pics of a Prowler to his friends residing in different parts of India and confirmed that there isn't one here. Then he bought a Prowler for an exorbitant price. This is one of the only 4 Prowlers in his place. Even the anchor of the show asked him why he stuck Ferrari stickers all around for which he didn't have a definite answer.
Old 29th April 2010, 21:40   #4635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
The Prowler was shown in Fastrack, Manorama News today. I was literally laughing at its owner's words. He told that he wanted to bring a car which none has in India. So, he first sent the pics of a Prowler to his friends residing in different parts of India and confirmed that there isn't one here. Then he bought a Prowler for an exorbitant price. This is one of the only 4 Prowlers in his place. Even the anchor of the show asked him why he stuck Ferrari stickers all around for which he didn't have a definite answer.
Lolz!

But doesn't the king of good times have a prowler in India already?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks