Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2004, 01:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Confirmed from a very reliable source, all CGTs are LHDs, and making them into RHD would be waaayy too complicated and expensive for such a small series of cars. Could be anything else. How about the 924 Carrera GT?
Old 14th September 2004, 02:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Well LHDs aren't allowed in India, that is a sureity.

As far as UK allowing LHDs, remember its now a part of EU. So...

But even if it does come to India, 4.xx is the right price for the car. In UK, the car retails in at around 2,30,000 pounds, give or take 5,000 pounds here and there. That translates, into a price of Rs. 2.6-2.7 crores either ways. Now, if I were to remove the tax components, VAT and other painful payments, the price easily touches 2 crores. So at 4.xx crores, its perfectly ok for an on-road price in Mumbai.

As far as I see it, its time that these cars came to India. This guy down south who rumoredly owns the Enzo is one of Ferrari's largest customers in the world and keeps hobnobing with Michael Schumacher at quite a few places. His Ferrari collection, beyond the Enzo, runs into 7 Ferraris. So owning 8 out of 21 Ferraris in India is really a big deal!

IMO, Porsche has targetted customers who already own Porsches. And one of those could be a probable suspect in such a deal. Unless I am totally wrong about it.

Revv
Old 14th September 2004, 06:05   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ported_head @ Sep. 13 2004,12:11)]Confirmed from a very reliable source, all CGTs are LHDs, and making them into RHD would be waaayy too complicated and expensive for such a small series of cars. Could be anything else. How about the 924 Carrera GT?
I dont know how expensive it would be, if pagani can have LHD and RHD zonda which are 1/20 in number i think then I am sure porsche can do it..but yeah i guess you are right,they wouldnt..
Old 14th September 2004, 07:43   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow this is gr8 news...Bombay is Booming!
Well i had heard news abt this guy (the same one GTO is referring to ) will be getting a mighty machine down, he said it would be the new Lambo but i think he changed his mind.Good choice anyways.
Old 14th September 2004, 10:17   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Revvmaster @ Sep. 14 2004,00:38)]As far as I see it, its time that these cars came to India. This guy down south who rumoredly owns the Enzo is one of Ferrari's largest customers in the world and keeps hobnobing with Michael Schumacher at quite a few places. His Ferrari collection, beyond the Enzo, runs into 7 Ferraris. So owning 8 out of 21 Ferraris in India is really a big deal!
He only owns three - at least in India ! My guess would be that Vijay Mallya owns a whole lot more but keeps them overseas. He used to race in the Ferrari 355 challenge series if I recollect
Old 14th September 2004, 12:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

I think Vijay Mallya has only one Ferrari in India and thats the 288

Btw, who is the guy in South who owns 3 Ferraris
I know only one of his Ferraris: 575,(maybe another 360), dont know abt the third.
also is this the BPL guy by any chance ?
Old 14th September 2004, 13:20   #22
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Btw, who is the guy in South who owns 3 Ferraris
He's the guy i guess whose Ferrari's were featured in Autocar India : Ferraris in India article. His other Ferrari's are a blue 355 F1 Spider, a red Dino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Like a Bangalore tycoon who owns a couple of Ferraris — a superb 246 GT Dino and another F355 — Kolkata too has its Ferrari-man: a tea estate owner who drives yet another F355.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]This ‘rather-be anonymous’ business tycoon from South India owns a fleet of supercars from every continent.
Now who is this South Indian?? Is he the guy from Bangalore or the tea estate owner from Kolkata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I think Vijay Mallya has only one Ferrari in India and thats the 288
Vijay Mallya does not have a 288. He has a 328GTS. Read about it here : BSM Drive of Vijay Mallya's 328GTS.

Pic Courtesy : BSMotoring
Old 14th September 2004, 13:45   #23
BHPian

Well guys,
Rajeev Chandrashekhar owner of BPL own 3 Ferraris,
1) 575M
2) 355 Spider
3) Dino
He had applied for the Enzo but got rejected.
Old 14th September 2004, 14:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]He had applied for the Enzo but got rejected.
Rejected? Any idea why? I thought the criteria for an Enzo was to previously own 2 Ferraris..

Dippy
Old 14th September 2004, 18:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

///AMG, the guy, Chandrashekhar reportedly owns another 4 Modenas, each of them in different colour/spec. This though is unconfirmed news.

Revv

P.S. Dippy and myself did our own lil' detective work on the Enzo. We got to the people who apparently hid the car who denied it all the while. But if you read b/w their faces, the story says it all. It is mighty possible that the Enzo is here. Recollect that Ferrari built an additional 50 Ferraris to satiate all their big customers needs? So if its black, it falls in the last 50 category, because black was introduced only in the last 50 lot of cars.
Old 14th September 2004, 23:00   #26
BHPian

Dippy,
Owning 2 Ferrari is not the Only Criteria. They see if the owner will use it or not. They have a lot of other Criterias. By the way do u know this that the Enzos are actually Leased out and not SOLD. And he does not own 4 other modenas. He owns an SL55 AMG, Cayenne Turbo and 18 Bikes. THE FUNNY PART IS HE HARDLY USES THESE CARS. He uses a 545 Protection.
Old 14th September 2004, 23:19   #27
BHPian

ofcourse you buy enzos..there is no funda of leasing a car..that i can tell you cuz the dealer next to my house here has an enzo for sale, there is no way you can advert in US as sale when it is going to be a lease.. i think thats wrong..

and no there is no more of this restrictions..cuz if you have the money and downpayment, come here and you can pick an enzo, same goes for europe..so people who didnt get invited will have to shell like 200k-400k more depending on there desperation..and lets face it people willing to spend 700..would not mind spending 900k-1m..IMHO

Old 14th September 2004, 23:22   #28
BHPian

but i ask this question again..cant india govt do something about this LHD rule..make exceptions..not just for supercars..but for any car over a certain pricetag and not older than 2yrs..i mean..that will really open up the indian auto scene..in my opinion its stupid and childish to have no LHD rule..
Old 14th September 2004, 23:49   #29
BHPian

Well Crazi4Speed it is a Lease Document rather than a Sale. Ask any Auto Journalist and he will be able to tell you this. BUT after 4 years it automatically becomes a sale.
Old 14th September 2004, 23:57   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (///AMG @ Sep. 14 2004,10:19)]Well Crazi4Speed it is a Lease Document rather than a Sale. Ask any Auto Journalist and he will be able to tell you this. BUT after 4 years it automatically becomes a sale.
Hmm ok, I will probably call and try and find out..the dealers here are not that friendly when you have no dough, they wouldnt even entertain you.. but i will try...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks