Team-BHP - BMW E36 / E46 / F80 M3 & F82 M4 in Bombay
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   BMW E36 / E46 / F80 M3 & F82 M4 in Bombay (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/2068-bmw-e36-e46-f80-m3-f82-m4-bombay-7.html)

Post deleted :

Team BHP is very strict about revealing owner identities. Please read the rules and regulations of the board

Team BHP Support Staff

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbk_75
And I just noticed something odd in Rehaan's post that you quoted...if the convertible has less HP than the coupe, how could the reason be that BMW didn't want the coupe to have a straight-line performance advantage? The convertible is heavier than the coupe, so if anything, they should have given it a few more horses to keep the performance on a par.

Hey kbk75!

You have a true point, the cabriolet is actually heavier (as most cabriolet variants are) due to additional chassis stiffening since there is no solid roof to bear the forces.

This post was 2 years ago and i cant remember where i read the info... but its really confusing me now.

For 2002 weren't the cabriolet and the coupe both 333hp?
Was 343hp on the coupe only for the early years?
Was there even a difference or was it just a discrepancy in the hp data??
Since its not a speed thing, could it have been a status or BMW hierarchy thing?

Anyone?
cya
R

Well, as I recall, ALL Europe spec M3s were 343 bhp. The coupe was 1570kg unladen and the convertible was 1730kg unladen. The added 160kgs translated into a 0.3 sec slower 0-62 mph time of 5.5 secs vs 5.2 sec for the coupe!

Oh God please! Let me have an E46 M3! ;)

From what I remember Euro M3s are 343 and American M3s are 333 hp. The difference coming from the more restrictive exhuast manifold of the American version. Coupe and convertible get the same engines.

You're absolutely right

Thanks for that clarification Mpower!

Quote:

Oh God please! Let me have an E46 M3!
Yes....shes gorgeous... just absolute perfection in terms of design...so classy and yet sport. Well proportioned, ..just gorgeous.

Check this guy's intro out...the pics on page2 will make you melt.

cya
R

Yeah, that M3 makes that Jetta look like excrement (since some people have prurient views on slang terms! =P). How come that guy never replied to anyone's posts?

Another BMW M3. Spotted it on Versova Link Road.

What a thing of beauty, Gordon...nice pics.

Absolutely Pristine!! Looks like its a convertible...
Hey Gordy...was it a SMG gearbox??

Quote:

Originally Posted by comfortablywacky
Absolutely Pristine!! Looks like its a convertible...
Hey Gordy...was it a SMG gearbox??

Yes, a convertible with the attachment hard top.

Quote:

was it a SMG gearbox??
Yup. It does have a SMG gearbox. The car sounds amazing!!!

The car was at the petrol pump for tire pressure check. In fact, just after I took some initial shots, the car bumped into a rickshaw while leaving the pump. Fortunately nothing happened to the car except for some small mark on the front bumper. The rickshaw guy wasn't allowing him to go away and was sticking to the car!! Below is a series of pics of the accident. The guy in the green (evident in the last pic) is the rickshaw driver.

Ya this is an SMG M3. A removable hard top. This is the same one I had seen almost a year back in Juhu. It didnt have the BMW badges then.

No idea if its standard fitment or not, but this one didnt have the SMG logo/emblem on the center of the dashboard like the silver one.

How much does an M3 cost on road? Now that the new one if due to release i hope navneet is offering discounts on this one :P

Read it in ACI that the M3 costs around 60 lakhs OTR.