Team-BHP - BMW E36 / E46 / F80 M3 & F82 M4 in Bombay
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   BMW E36 / E46 / F80 M3 & F82 M4 in Bombay (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/2068-bmw-e36-e46-f80-m3-f82-m4-bombay-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12
Isnt this Jai Mehta's M3??

I've spotted this car a number of times at bandra ... The front bumper is scratched very badly now( REALLL BAD .... front left side) .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klaus17
hey

not sure if its a M3 or just badged as one.

Klaus17

YES ! THAT IS A M3 .... its a 1998 E36 M3 ! Seen a white 1... long time back on teh peddar road flyover .

Take a look at the blue car's side skirts. I don't the detailing is the same as the E36 M3. Also have a look at the seats if you can, they are also a dead give-away.

The car's been made to look pretty close to E36 M3, but I still have my doubts.

To me, it's NOT an M3 Sedan. The side skirting just doesn't look right, but I think it's the lighting more than anything else. The orange rear taillamp was only found in the early models, and the exhaust tips are looking rather standard for the car. I think, again, that chrome tips were offered in the slight facelift in the later models only.

I would like to be corrected though, if I'm wrong. I have myself seen a genuine salsa red M3 sedan in Delhi (the sound at the traffic light was a give-away), and would love for this blue one to be genuine too.

If only the camera was stronger...

Yes, it's true that most of the E36 M3s came with colourless turn indicators, but I HAVE seen a few with the orange turn indicators, so that is not a complete give-away.

I would also really like to know if this is genuinely an M3. It certainly has a lot of the aero parts that the E36 M3 has (rear bumpers, side skirts) and also the rims and double-barrel exhaust. But I've had a very close look at E36 M3s, and this one's side skirts, while shaped correctly, I feel are missing the detailing. Unless the picture quality of that shot is the culprit. I'd like to think that this IS an M3, because otherwise someone has gone to GREAT lengths to fake it.

If anyone else gets to see this car, parked preferably, try to get a few close up shots of the side skirts and the front seats. That will make it clear whether it is an M3 or some sad 316 with an M kit! ;)

Here is a good shot of an E36 M3 convertible with the hard roof installed. You will see the detailing in the side skirts that I am referring to quite clearly.

the only real ways to tell are the seats the speedo and the exhaust. the m3 has a very distinctive looking exhaust with one pipe longer than the other

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbk_75
Yes, it's true that most of the E36 M3s came with colourless turn indicators, but I HAVE seen a few with the orange turn indicators, so that is not a complete give-away.

I would also really like to know if this is genuinely an M3. It certainly has a lot of the aero parts that the E36 M3 has (rear bumpers, side skirts) and also the rims and double-barrel exhaust. But I've had a very close look at E36 M3s, and this one's side skirts, while shaped correctly, I feel are missing the detailing. Unless the picture quality of that shot is the culprit. I'd like to think that this IS an M3, because otherwise someone has gone to GREAT lengths to fake it.

If anyone else gets to see this car, parked preferably, try to get a few close up shots of the side skirts and the front seats. That will make it clear whether it is an M3 or some sad 316 with an M kit! ;)

Exactly my point. I see what you mean, and as I stated as well, it's probably the lightning and the poor camera quality that hides that little groove in the side skirt. That pretty much seems to be the only thing out of place in this mid-late 90s E36 M3 Sedan.

Here's a clear shot of a similarly-positioned E36 M3 Sedan:

Sadly, it's only clear enough to show the side-skirt point, but too dark in places which reveal the exhaust pipes. Also, this is the last-off the line facelifted E36, with the clear taillamps.

I am pretty sure the blue one is a genuine M3. It has all the characteristics. Here is a '93 E36 M3 Coupe in Delhi, the car was originally Brilliant Red before it got repainted.

Arush

You can't compare a sedan and coupe. here's another pic of a US market sedan.
Post 96 cars came with 3.2 engines and were called M3 EVOs with small differences in body as well. Of course, if the owner tried real hard you can make a 316 look like an M3 using a M-technic bodykit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by autopsyche
I am pretty sure the blue one is a genuine M3. It has all the characteristics. Here is a '93 E36 M3 Coupe in Delhi, the car was originally Brilliant Red before it got repainted.

Arush

Nice M3, but red painted discs? Ouch.

Are those even the real brake discs? They look too small to me and where are the brake callipers?! lol:

That's just a pathetic "look at me" add on!

Haha yeah those are fake rotor covers they came along with the car, the owner liked it so he kept them on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by autopsyche
Haha yeah those are fake rotor covers they came along with the car, the owner liked it so he kept them on.

Oh snap. And can I see cross-drilling in those fake discs? He's just pushing his luck now. :)

Hey guys.. i am back.. been to Delhi for a couple of weeks.. Delivered a Phoenix Yellow BMW M3 E46 recently in Delhi to a famous criceter.. the car looks awesome.. will post the pics soon..

Regards,
Maverick