Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2004, 01:56   #16
BANNED

there is a new 760LI right here in my lane along with S class both are in black wonder who the owner is.
Old 19th September 2004, 01:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (jesal @ Sep. 18 2004,12:26)]there is a new 760LI right here in my lane along with S class both are in black wonder who the owner is.
where do u live yo??

Golf Links?

Old 30th September 2004, 12:19   #18
BHPian

Spotted a Cayenne S parked at the China Club restaurant in Gurgaon yesterday night. It's either black or some really dark shade (was 1.00 AM and pretty dark, so really couldnt make out the color). Had twin exhausts on either side......the exhausts are 2-in-1 types, looked like the fused headlamps of the Merc C class......and i guess they comes on the new Porsches). Didnt have a cam though, so no pix. The reg was DL #### 0099.
Old 8th October 2004, 14:26   #19
BHPian

Not really supercars but some interesting ones as well :

Spotted a White Cayenne near East of Kailash, a 320SL, a Chevy Blazer, a modern Camaro ( actually i didn't see it - was seen by a friend) at Sainik Farms, there is a 1979 *and a 1982 mustang for sale, seen a couple of new beetles around Siri Fort (black), there's an SLK at Noida , and was offered a 60's mustang (i couldnt exactly identify the model year but as i remmber it was definitely pre 71) *for sale 3 years back - the mechanic said the owner would sell it for 60K - but didn't have the money at the time and couldn't persuade my parents to loan me the cash - was a 4cyl i think, black, leather seats, but was all rusted around the underbody and *engine compartment and there was tons of putty in the door panels.... i wonder what happened to it.

Also seen an Impala stopped on the DND ...

also seen what i thought was a boxster at def col (yellow) and a blue skyline near the airport(probably form the '80s)
there are quite a fes s classes and 7 series here - seen a few old Jaguars, a ford crown vic...

I've heard of an Humvee , a caddy limo and a few other cars parked at a 5 star hotel almost permanently.

actually we could also start a thread about ugly cars in delhi - white esteem with a 2 feet high spoiler 3 hood scoops and vents, body kit... one esteem with a 'triplane' spoiler and a long antenna poking out, an old 800 with pop up headlights.
not to mention the Qualis with Landcruiser badging and stickers , theres also a C class with an extra kompressor badge on it.
CRV with tyres which look like having a 40 profile... (thats 'supposed' to be an offroader - even though not a proper one)...millions of example abound here on our roads.

At the auto expo this year - at the vintage car hall, while standing and gazing at the 64 1/2 mustang for half an hour each time (i went to the expo twice) one time i heard these 2 pieces of pond scum refer to it as a 'purani contessa'
okay - i like the contessa but no one messes with an old mustang.

and one chap at the skoda booth, there was this chap who tell his pal very knowingly 'oye, yeh sports model hai, mere bhai ke pas be hai' - referring to the Octavia WRC * ...

edit : seen a silver Mitsu 3000GTO at Pragati Maidan with diplomatic plates, a few MX5's and celica's as well.

former Raid de Himalaya winner, biker forgot his full name ('bittoo sodhi??) has a suzuki GSR1200 at his shop in Lajpat Nagar bike market (if i got that right) - guy participated in the RDHeven though he has a prosthesis
aaah , mera dilli ..i love it and i hate it....

zaphod

Old 8th October 2004, 15:49   #20
BHPian

hey i remember seeing a DIABLO for sale in one of the car magazines...maybe 6-12 months ago,,black one..
Old 8th October 2004, 16:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

godspeed , u must also must have seen a ferrari for sale next to the Lambo ad
there were some 74 or 79 models if I remember correctly ?
Old 8th October 2004, 17:14   #22
BHPian

godspeed, dipen - whil ei don't remember seeing an ad for a diablo, there was one for a '72 Lambo Muira - nowi don't really know if that was true since Muira's are perhaps amongst the most desirable and valuable of all lamborghinis.. what's it doing in delhi

zaphod
Old 9th October 2004, 15:54   #23
BHPian

yeah i've see some of the older ferraris, but there used to be this picture of a black diablo in a very shabby condition, & the advert was very simple,something like "lamborghini diablo,black" lol
Old 9th October 2004, 18:37   #24
BHPian

Hey zaphod, i saw the Camaro at Vasant Kunj couple of days back. Was silver in colour, right??
Old 10th October 2004, 20:06   #25
BHPian

manticore, I did'nt see it - a friend of mine saw it andmentioned it to me - IIRC he said it was silver - recent model - and had diplomatic plates.

GM shouldn't have kiled off the camaro . hopefully just marketing strategy .wai ta few years and do a completely new model and get all the old fans drooling.

zaphod
Old 11th October 2004, 18:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

The Diablo was in a classified ad in an old issue of ACI long ago. Also how can one forget that awesome Ferrari 348 GTS in Vasant Vihar

Dippy
Old 17th April 2006, 02:29   #27
BHPian

Spotted :Porches, Mercs, beemers ,Audis ,VWs (all under one roof) ..

It was an amazing sight when i went to Shangri-la last wednesday eve.
Man, it was Awesome ,the first time i saw sooooo many beauties standing right next to each other in delhi... Must have seen atleast 40-50 of them(under one roof) .. The list starts from

Cayennes to boxter , Slks(atleast 2) , Sl class , 3 new S class , Sooooo many e classsss(atleast 15) , few old s classs , 4 new (facelifted)7 series , (3) 5 series , Vw phaeton ,Toureg , Audi A-8 ,A-6 , x5, cls class ... all under one roof ... TBH i may be missing out 1 or 2 more ..
The moment i saw these beauties ,i was ..

P.S. I am extremely sorry guys for not having the pics cos i was not carrying the camera but i thought of taking few pics from my mob and when tried ,it wasnt clear at all .. We are all aware of the pics quality of p910i ,espically in the night ..

Note From Mods - Beemer, Please do not create a whole new thread for a post like this. Use the search feature and add to existing threads. Threads merged.

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th April 2006 at 05:28.
Old 19th April 2006, 20:50   #28
BHPian

the cars in India are best in South India. the tamils have best cars. Hummer h1 ferrari 360 are many, lambo, cars we do not know are india have been there for many years.
Delhi has better cars than mumbai to.

just some of my clients own
Sahil Dhingra has Lx 470 for gaurds and a lambo and 10 other cars
L suri has a classic lambo and now a Murci
Barbie Novis has 360
mr.jain (not times of India) has a 360 and 7
The berry's have a 355, h2, porsche 911, SL 500
Samy thapar has lambo, range rover
titus has many

and these are my clients who allowed me to use the name.
i have a few that did not.
and i am just small person in this business.
imagine the amount of other cars around.
Punjabi bagh, oh my lord. do not even want to know what all is there.
otherwise my honda accord with spinners will look like **** in my eyes.
anyway, one day i will have my ferrari and lambo together.
haha.
Old 19th April 2006, 21:15   #29
BHPian

Talking about tamils and south India I was really astonished to see the garage of a garment exporter in Tirupur near Coimbatore.I went there to buy his 95 Honda Hornet.The garage was more than 5000 sq ft.The most amazing find was a Mazel custom made sportscar from Spain imported in 2005.He also has a 2005 Range Rover sport with a Jag 400 bhp V8.In an airconditioned corner of the garage is a 63 250 Gt Lusso,gleaming like new.
He said he is waiting for the new M6 to present to his son on his birthday.
Old 21st April 2006, 15:07   #30
BHPian

Sahil Dhingra also has a silver 911 Carrera S with 20" TechArt alloys, beautiful machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit
the cars in India are best in South India. the tamils have best cars. Hummer h1 ferrari 360 are many, lambo, cars we do not know are india have been there for many years.
Delhi has better cars than mumbai to.

just some of my clients own
Sahil Dhingra has Lx 470 for gaurds and a lambo and 10 other cars
L suri has a classic lambo and now a Murci
Barbie Novis has 360
mr.jain (not times of India) has a 360 and 7
The berry's have a 355, h2, porsche 911, SL 500
Samy thapar has lambo, range rover
titus has many

and these are my clients who allowed me to use the name.
i have a few that did not.
and i am just small person in this business.
imagine the amount of other cars around.
Punjabi bagh, oh my lord. do not even want to know what all is there.
otherwise my honda accord with spinners will look like **** in my eyes.
anyway, one day i will have my ferrari and lambo together.
haha.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks